- Senior Business Analyst/Software QA.
- Experienced across several industries including Banking, Insurance, Government and Nuclear. Keen analytical mindset, detailed - oriented with solid technical skills.
- Passionate about problem solving and able to clearly and concisely communicate with stakeholders, management, developers and users.
- Spearheaded the initiative to map data elements from front-end web page, through mid-tier transformations to back-end mainframe.
- Over 700 fields were mapped and it saved the project 15% on this initiative by delivering early.
- Undertook the task of writing all the financial reports for a new Merchant Banking Portfolio Management System. This eliminated the need to hire an additional resource, saved a month of project time and enabled us to successfully make the go-live date with full functionality.
- Organized and led the integration and testing of a high security multi-step authentication password change product delivered to the Confidential .
- Established and executed a detailed and comprehensive testing process. The product was delivered on-time and worked flawlessly.
- Hand-picked for an emergency team to rescue a troubled project in the testing phase. Reorganized test cases for consistency and applied status, priority and difficulty ratings. Then combined all these elements into a customized dashboard to give an accurate and reliable status for testing and defects. This process allowed the project status to be tracked with reliable metrics.
APPLICATIONS / TOOLS / SOFTWARE / PACKAGES: FINTRAC, FINCEN, IEEE 829-1998, ISO 27001, Banking Compliance, ITIL V3, AML, E-13 SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft Compensation, Data Conversion, Data Mapping, Data MigrationSQL, DB Visualizer, DB2, Oracle, Data Warehouse, ETL, Agile, RUP, Waterfall, JIRA, TestRail, XML Spy, VBAHP Quality Center (HPQC), Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance TestingAdvanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, SharePoint, Derivatives, Data Analysis, StatisticsT-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, OSFI Reporting
SPECIAL SKILLS: Highly skilled at requirements gathering, analysis, verification and process modeling. Expert at test case design employing modelling and fundamental techniques to provide maximum coverage with minimum test cases. Expert at advanced Excel workbook and dashboard design.
- Wrote SQL Server T-SQL scripts to drastically reduce regression testing from days down to minutes.
- Accountable for end-to-end testing from front-end input templates to final official OSFI submitted reports. Wrote T-SQL scripts to trace transactions through the system.
- Provided support for development and UAT by running back-end processes and batch programs to stage, populate and aggregate database tables.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server, Bank Financial Reporting
Senior Business Analyst
- Provided Business Systems analyst services as part of the derivatives monitoring team.
- Solely responsible for creating functional specification documents for the ingestion of the Global Legal identifier (GLEIF) feed XML source files.
- Created source to database mapping documents covering all incoming feeds and field level transformations for staging phase
- Mapped 44 database tables, (450 fields) from Global Legal Entity Identifier, Relationship and Exceptions feeds.
Environment: XML Spy, Derivatives
Senior Business Analyst
- Took the initiative to conceive, design and implement complex Excel dashboards analysing 4,800,000 cells across multiple workbooks distributed to businesses within the bank. This provided detailed analysis into the completion status and level of quality for over 113,000 compliance records. These dashboards identified data errors and increased efficiency by preventing rework and saved hundreds of hours of work by senior managers and AVPs.
- Worked with SMEs and project team to gather, analyse and document requirements for data migration. Conducted detailed source system data analysis, field content reconciliation, data quality and metadata analysis of over 80 data fields from legacy source system to new online SAAS system.
- Co-wrote requirements, wrote test cases and tested interim system front-end and all uploads. Analysed, assigned and when necessary, created scenario specific test data. Documented detailed test results for the compliance system audit and traced all requirements through to test cases to ensure 100% coverage.
Environment: Resolver, Advanced Excel dashboard design, Enterprise Banking Compliance, Data Mapping, E-13
Senior Business Analyst/Process Consultant
- Researched and prepared analysis of as-is system state to support the yearly ISO 27001 Risk scorecard compliance audit.
- This information was critical for senior management as well as the board of directors to ensure that they have the required visibility and confidence that Confidential satisfied IT Risk scorecard requirements.
- Gathered and analysed data from multiple lines of business. Evaluated existing documentation for relevance and identified areas of compliance and non-compliance.
- Interviewed multiple stake holders and operations personal while documenting Policies and Standard Operating Procedures creating a robust set of deliverables.
Environment: ISO 27001 Compliance, Logistics, Help Desk, Policy, IT Risk Scorecard
SAP Test Manager
- Wrote test plan to exceed IEEE1998 standards and created comprehensive test cases for over 60 transaction codes tracing tests to source requirement documents to ensure coverage. Utilized Master Data to further design detailed test scenarios increasing coverage.
- Prepared and presented testing seminars to introduce the formalized testing processes that would be used on this project. Presentation was well received as many participants had never been on a project with formalized testing.
- To solve the problem of no test management tools, researched multiple cloud-based solutions and settled on JIRA for defect management and TestRail for test case management. Custom configured both tools to be used with our project and configured the interface between them.
Environment: SAP (SD, SM, MM, WM, FICO, PP), TestRail v5, JIRA
Lead Agile Tester
- Test lead on a project to enroll and track applicants in the newly offered BC RESP program.
- Due to an unmoveable government deadline and limited resources, the project adopted an Agile approach which included daily stand up meetings, incremental delivery and continuous testing.
- The team delivered in an intense 6-week time frame and the client was the only dealer to offer this product on the first day of initiative putting them on the fore-front of the market.
- Project was seamlessly integrated into Confidential software.
- Within two weeks, analysed requirements to create comprehensive test cases traced back to requirements ensuring full coverage. Identified and assigned test data and where necessary, hand crafted special test data for complex test cases.
- To solve the problem of analyzing and verifying numerous large text-based interface files, I created on my own initiative a solution using customized Excel templates and VBA to populate and display results. This dramatically decreased analysis time while providing consistent accuracy and enabled us to quickly identify any issues with the interface. This solution saved 25% of testing time and was instrumental in making the deadline.
Environment: Confidential Progress Software, Portfolio Plus, Agile, Custom Excel Test Tools
Project Test Lead
- Project Test lead for anti-money laundering implementations on both the Canadian and American platforms.
- Delivered full end-to-end testing services including test plan, test design, execution and reporting.
- Ensured FINTRAC and FINCEN compliance and provided budgeting, scoping, resource and allocation for test phase.
- Led daily status meeting, planned and monitored activities across different teams (onshore/offshore) and maintained problem logs. Prepared all test artifacts for audit.
- Reviewed, tracked and traced all requirements to testcases ensuring 100% coverage and correct implementation.
- End-to-end verification of several feeds from newly integrated bank products into the AML platform. Created, tracked and verified complicated test data at each step to ultimately trigger alerts by the AML system, validating functionality.
Environment: Oracle, AML, DB Visualizer 9.1.8, HP QC v10, JIRA, Custom Excel Test Tools, FINTRAC, FINCEN
Senior Business Analyst/Auditor
- Analyzed artifacts to determine functionality coverage and assess risk for new Confidential Credit Card offering.
- Summarized findings in a gap analysis report and presented to senior management.
- Conducted test result review sessions with key testing resources to determine level of completeness regarding End User agreement and General Ledger Integration.
- Audited overall test effort to verify alignment, consistency and coverage with terms stated in the user agreement. Provided final executive report and presented to management.
- Audited test effort to determine completeness and coverage of end-to-end transactions for the general ledger.
Environment: TSYS, credit cards, IT Audit, User Agreement, General Ledger