- 5 years of experience in software testing and skilled in planning and implementing new processes, procedures and tools for quality assurance testing, defect tracking, status reporting and problem resolution within Agile and Non - Agile: Waterfall and Iterative development environments to reduce operating costs and increasing efficiency.
- Strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle using Agile / Scrum, Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts from Requirements and Use-Cases.
- Expertise in performing different types of Testing: Integration, Smoke, Functionality, Regression Testing, UAT and Full Life Cycle Testing.
- Experienced in test management framework, analyzing bug severity and risk, bug tracking system using Jira.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Hybrid framework with Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, JAVA, TestNG, Maven.
- Good Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming Concepts (OOPS) and Java Skills.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-table, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Introduced and implemented Open Source web test tool Selenium and WebDriver for cross browser testing.
- Execute browser compatibility and regression tests using Selenium WebDriver for testing UI for every new build release.
- Responsible for writing and maintain Selenium WebDriver scripts for regression and functional testing.
- Experienced in creating test features, step definition, test runner using Cucumber.
- Experienced in creating batch testing, parameterized testing using TestNG.
- Good Knowledge at creating and executing SQL Queries involving multiple tables using join statements and validated against Web-UI.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel from technical to high level executive management, Excellent interpersonal, communication & writing skills.
- Proven ability to Assure Quality Project/Product in on time and on budget.
- Strong knowledge of Testing Automation and best practices in QA Process.
- Strength in guiding the design and execution of automated and manual testing strategies to identify risks and issues, design effective mitigation solution, and enhance the on-time delivery of quality systems.
Automation Testing: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber, TestNG, MavenLanguages: Java, SQL
Database: MS-SQL, Oracle
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, ALM
Version Control Tools: Git
Application Tools: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access)
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Reviewed test documents in coordination with client, development team and other complex matrix teams and stakeholders including functional teams and business analysts.
- Analyzed the functional and automation requirements and prepared test cases/scripts and test data strategy document.
- Involved in preparing test strategies documents for manual and automation testing.
- Analyzed and documented detailed program information working and interacting with software developers and members of various other dependent departments.
- Worked as QA Tester and took responsibility for the requirements Analysis, testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the project.
- Analyzed the Systems and Requirements gathering, Data Analysis, wrote test cases and reviewed test cases.
- Modified and maintained the already existing test plans, test cases and scripts to leverage the automation team effort during the regression testing.
- Created regression automation suite using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed the application compatibility in the Versions of Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and internet Explorer browsers using Selenium.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object /element verification is done through X-Path, CSS Locators.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with Cucumber.
- Created cucumber features with data table to create data driven testing frameworks.
- Implemented step definition using java to implement test from behavior driven testing perspective.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for Functional, Regression, Sanity, and Integration Testing using Selenium.
- Developed the test scripts and analyzed the results in various stages of the application including Integration, Regression, Functional and Acceptance Testing using Selenium.
- Identified the defects through selenium and ensured that business processes deliver the expected results and remain reliable throughout the production release.
- Smoke testing on all production update in various environments. Script writing, plan and executing test including automation with selenium.
- Integration, user acceptance, positive and negative, functionality, object, and regression tests.
- The related test script from which the defects were generated.
- Tracked, reviewed, and analyzed defects using jira.
- Involved in UAT phase to test acceptance criterion manually and with the help of automated test scripts.
Confidential - Silver Spring, MD
- Studied the Functional Requirement Specification documents, Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), Use Cases, and Technical Specification Documents to prepare and execute the test plan for various projects and identify the test data in agile environment
- Analyzed and review Requirement documented and the functional requirement specifications.
- Generated and implemented Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts on different applications.
- Assessed new Business needs/initiatives and translated them into detailed business requirements specifications.
- Involved in Manual and Automated testing of the front-end application.
- Create test artifacts for assigned areas of the applications.
- Executed test artifacts, logged detailed results and provided status as required by the team
- Developed test scripts and test cases for functional and regression testing.
- Performed detailed system testing, Functional, UAT, Integration testing, Regression, Positive testing, Negative testing, cross platform testing and cross browser testing Selenium WebDriver.
- Actively participated/involved in walkthroughs, team meeting and status update meetings
- Identified, documented and implemented process Improvements.
- Used Test NG Annotation is Selenium Web Driver and executed a batch of tests as Test NG suite.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test search results of meta search engine.
- Developed automated script for back-end testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensively used selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Attended agile (SCRUM) meetings.
- Assisted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure application satisfies user needs.
- Defect log by using Jira.
Junior Software Tester
Confidential, Washington DC
- Analyzed system requirement and business requirement documents and developed test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Used SQL commands to validate the database and test its integration with the front end.
- Performed GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and UAT Testing.
- Execution of manual test cases, track and log the defects using Quality Center.
- Interacted with developers to sort out the issues and the defects.
- Performed data driven testing and GUI check points using Selenium WebDriver to enhance the overall functionality of the application.
- Maintaining and executing automation test scripts and executing test cases in QC and reporting defects if any.
- Worked on selenium for doing testing of the new insurance product as per the age group
- Developed automated regression scripts using Selenium WebDriver utilizing java scripting for both positive and negative boundary conditions.
- Attended the review meetings and walkthrough meetings to interact with Business Analysts and Developers for defects solving.
- Used Jira for defect reporting, analyzing, tracking and report generation.
- Performed regression testing by executing scripts on the new build.