FOCUSED NETWORK & SECURITY/IT PROFESSIONAL with strong background in resolving complex network issues and critical technology challenges in a fast - paced environment. Extraordinary performance standards and follow through of short term needs, coupled with a wide view lens of long term goals, can quickly resolve issues affecting network security, user access and production ability. In search of network administrator position allowing me to sharpen my IT skills and collaborate with other like-minded creative techs to solve challenging company issues, playing a pivotal role in department, company and client success.
- LAN/WLAN Networks, PKI Infrastructure
- Cisco Nexus Routers, Switches, ASA Firewall
- Active Directory, SCCM
- Security+, CASP+
- Pulse Secure, McAfee
- Technical Help Desk Experience
- PKI, CAC, DoD Infrastructure
- Microsoft Office Suite, Office365
- Network asset management
- Proficient in TCP/IP protocols
- Excellent communicator (tech and non-tech)
- Outside the box problem solver
- Technology design, configuration, installation
- Project driven, career development
- Windows 7, 10
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
Information Assurance Network Officer/Systems Engineer
- Implement STIG releases across a variety of operating systems and applications
- Tracks and remediates IAVM vulnerabilities
- Manages ACAS vulnerability reports and remediates as required
- Performs software upgrades, patch installs, firmware upgrades
- Diagnosis and troubleshoot problems related to the OS, hardware, network, and related software
- Daily written and oral communications with coworkers and leadership
- Continual attention to periodic SCAP and STIG requirements needed to harden the servers
- Troubleshoot and configure servers in a virtual environment using vSphere
- Create scripts in various shells to automate daily and periodic tasks
- Maintain and document packages and artifacts in eMASS
- Document work for leadership, update/create Standard Operating Procedures, and brief DoD system accreditation process
- STIG checklist review process to include SCAP scans and implementation
- Deploy software, updates, drivers via System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Group Policy Management administration to include policy creation and maintenance
- Familiarity with Windows 10 including deployment via SCCM / standalone options
- Improving system operations and functionality, monitoring, and optimization of servers and workstations
- Previous exposure with VMware virtual environments
- Requires ability to work in a collaborative environment to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Provide Level II IT customer support including configuration, installation, testing, troubleshooting and deployment of computer systems, peripherals and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Manage user & machine accounts in Active Directory; create/ utilize GPOs
- Create, enable, disable computer accounts in Active Directory
- Deliver technical assistance to over 700 military, civilian and government contractors
- Install Windows security updates, patches and fixes; monitor & address machine security compliance through McAfee
- Repair, uninstall/re-install damaged hard drives. Recover crashed drives through data recovery techniques
- Troubleshoot a wide-range of network connectivity issues
- Provide support to Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro software
- Troubleshoot, configure, maintain Xerox network printers
Confidential, Suitland, MD
IT Specialist -Customer Support (Team Lead)
- Provide Tier 3 support for the LAN Technology Support Office Division located at the Confidential Headquarters
- Provide direction and coordination to IT Support/Help Desk Team, including all duties related to the managing personnel.
- Provided support and trouble-shooting on-site networks with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations.
- Provided deskside support like Workstations, Mobile Devices, and VoIP phones.
- Provide advice and technical consultation and guidance to internal and external customers for IT Support/Help Desk activities.
- Supported and troubleshooting storage area networks.
- Supported and troubleshooting modern networks including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless.
- Develop resource and troubleshooting and ensures team members are provided with the appropriate and authorizations.
- Supported and troubleshooting virtualization like VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Review, edit and distribute technical messages and customer notifications.
- Ensure that policies, processes and procedures are documented in an organized, clear and concise manner using appropriate formats.
- Perform Citrix/RSA PIN resets and /or soft token pushes to mobile devices
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012, Microsoft Azure
- Ensure appropriate operational reports are generated, analyzes report data and adjusts support processes accordingly based on report data.
- Supported trouble-shooting in Microsoft Office 365 environments.
- Provide operational and product categories, templates, and other requirements so the remedy system can be configured to support the Decennial test.
- Diagnose and resolve problems of customer reported incidents
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting, customer software and hardware
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Supported and trouble-shooting multi-site WAN.
- Develop/enhance customer service performance requirements
- Process entrance tickets and follow procedures for creating new accounts
- Provide Active Directory account management/ technical support for user accounts
- Provide software assistance support ranges from setting customer’s personalized configurations
- Provide assistance resolving mobile device application issues, answering and researching questions about the Software features
- Provide assistance solving operational problems such as printing
- Triage and troubleshoot IT tickets using Remedy ITSM Support Console ticketing and call tracking system
- Support Web Portal customers using remote support via “Bomgar” to resolve issues
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Help Desk Specialist
- Provide user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically.
- Supported and trouble-shooting multi-site Active Directory 2008/2012 environments.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Monitor and respond to telephone calls, voicemails, emails and live chats as assigned
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware troubleshooting (peripherals and software)
- Provide assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to procedures.
- Document hotline correspondence.
- Record all incoming issues using call tracking software on the computer
- Promptly follow up on all assigned Help Desk tickets and other assigned tasks
- Research questions using available information resources
- Responsible for direct internal and external support via telephone and in person
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- High proficiency with desktop operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Experience with ZEN Desktop ticketing system
- Experience with LogMeIn rescue remote access tool
Confidential, Washington, DC
Maintenance Technician (Lead)
- Drove /operated shuttle bus to transport guest and employees
- Drove/operated 16ft. and 24ft. box trucks for pick ups
- Escorted Military, Government and civilian personnel
- Performed a variety of semi-skilled and unskilled tasks involving standard methods related to the operation and maintenance of physical plant facilities.
- Made plumbing repairs to sinks, faucets, commodes, tanks, urinals, P-traps, shut-off valves and water supply that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, resealing, and replacing defective parts or units.
- Installed water heaters, garbage disposals, faucets and sinks.
- Recognized cause of faulty equipment and makes repairs on a variety of air condition units.
- Repairs were accomplished by removing, replacing, tightening, splicing, soldering and insulating defective wiring, controls, equipment and fixtures such as broken and bare wiring, burned out switches and relays, loose connections and fittings, damaged light fixtures and poorly operating thermostats.
- Replaced fluorescent and incandescent bulbs and tubes.
- Measures, cuts and constructs or repairs wood or wood substitute items.
- Performed basic carpentry repairs such as repair/replace screens, window and door frames, molding and trim.
- Repair and replaced drywall and similar products.
- Performs standard coating methods such as brushing, rolling and spraying and ensure surfaces are fully coated, protected and free from drips and runs.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Provided technical support for eRA staff; supported Windows server (physical/virtual) for 80+ users; set-up, installed, and maintained servers at two locations; troubleshot and reported server issues; deployed application updates to all Windows environments; provided UNIX/Linux administrators with support; provided users access to shared drives and server access; updated security policies
- Proved management with server migration and hardware upgrade plan; migrated older servers to newer physical server or consolidated servers via virtualization; maintained server, IP, and DNS inventories; assisted IT staff with inventory and server migration (domain)
- Implemented new virtual environment for Research, Condition, and Disease Categorization division
- Supported and trouble-shooting multi-site WAN.
- Set-up web server utilizing IIS 6.0 and ColdFusion
- Installed server cards and hard drives; installed rack PDU’s and UPS units
- Made recommendations for hardware/software purchases; managed inventory and contract/procurement tasks; tracked all purchases orders; developed excellent rapport with government employees and IT vendors
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Automated Message Handling System Administrator
- Functioned as Project Supervisor; maintained responsibility for administrative support for intricate three-tier Automated Message Handling System (AMHS) which directly supports the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, his executive staff, DHS, Senior Watch Officer and government agencies
- Configured and supervised various AMHS Servers on secure Windows 2000/2003 platforms; created classified system accounts for intelligence analysts; troubleshot end-user related discrepancies including message traffic, applying permissions, and creating discretionary access control groups
- Developed and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards
- Consistently excelled in program resolution for Windows XP-based workstations, secure laptop operations and peripherals; analyzed areas of concern and presented recommendations; researched regulatory and administrative requirements and assembled data for financial and analytical reports/documents; performed data collection and analysis, needs assessments, problem analysis, and cost estimating and modeling
- Spearheaded the and accreditation of the AMHS Top Secret and Secret Servers using Métis to run on the Windows platform to in corporate functions for analyzing models for accessing data and exchanging data with other applications.
- Identified and tracked key metrics of system/process efficiency and effectiveness, using data to revise procedures and optimize functioning; developed system operation protocols to enhance secure environment
- Provided standard record communications support via the Legacy AMHS Digital Network and the DMS (Defense Messaging System); provided COMSEC support for all secure systems
Systems Administrator /Display Communications Controller
- Provided operational and technical support to the Confidential for the Homeland Security Information Network ( Confidential ) and the systems used by the Confidential to manage information flow from Confidential is a collaborative, interactive, near real-time information sharing tool that TATP is proliferating to state and local law enforcement agencies and other federal, state local and private sector entities engaged in the deterrence, prevention, protection, response and recovery of terrorist events)
- Advised customer and contractor personnel of company requirements for Joint Regional Information Exchange System product and services, support equipment and electronic equipment and installations; installed JRIES software on all levels of Homeland Security computers
- Managed Department of Homeland Security Information Network account product activation key installations; executed agency requirements to send mission sensitive critical written and verbal data abroad
- Validated new and current users on real-time collaborative 192 secure socket layer encryption network daily; monitored new message software WIN2000 servers connected to WIN98, 2000, and XP computer systems; modified customer computer registry keys to provide immediate full control of software to sustain connectivity and train state government leaders and staff on software usage to conduct immediate message response abroad