- Over 8+ years of experience with expertise in Manual and Automated Testing of Web based, Client/Server applications using Selenium RC/ WebDriver and Junit/ TestNG Automation Tools.
- Highly proficient in working with end users and stakeholders to draw out, analyze, communicate and validate the requirements using JAD, JAR, API and Brainstorming Sessions, identify Functional, Non - Functional, and Business Rules, and then subsequently model them.
- Strong experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile, and Waterfall.
- Experienced in testing client server and web-based applications using HP tools Quality center (QC), Application lifecycle Management (ALM).
- As a QA Automation Engineer - SDET, extensively worked on Manual, Automation, DevOps Testing of Web Client Server, Cloud (AWS), Mobile, API, Web services applications. Experience on various domains such as Ecommerce/Retail, Banking, Financial services and Healthcare
- Hands on experience in creating test frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, UFT/QTP, Cucumber and TestNG including hands on experience in Java/SQL.
- Experience using Accessing Forms, tables, link, Keyboard Mouse Events, Uploading File using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed regression test data capture scripts using Microsoft VB script to capture test data from DB2 database.
- Experience in performing Android Emulators and IOS Simulators for Mobile Automation Testing using Appium for Native, Hybrid and Web Based mobile applications.
- Experience in handling multiple windows, Alerts and Pop-ups with Selenium.
- Experience in testing with handling different methods of Select class for selecting and deselecting, for drop down.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators (XPath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium Web driver, JAVA, JUnit, TestNG.
- Used Page Object Model (POM) to create Automation Framework using Eclipse, JAVA, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven and Apache POI.
- Extensive experience implementing different automation frameworks like keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework.
- Expertise in writing Selenium Web driver automation scripts in java. Well versed with handling web elements in Selenium Web driver.
- Writing test cases using element locators, Web driver methods, java programming features and TestNG annotations.
- Executing Selenium Test cases and reporting defects. Expertise in performing backend data validation/testing using complex SQL queries to validate the completeness, integrity and accuracy of data
- Strongly knowledgeable about Oracle and DB2 environments.
- Administered databases on DB2 and Oracle.
- Extensive use of defect tracking tools like Jira, Quality Center and Test Director.
- Extensive experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies for project inception, elaboration, construction and transition.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans, Test Cases based upon the business requirements.
- Experienced in working with Agile as well as traditional SDLC cycles.
- Proficient in protocols such as Web, Citrix, RTE, PeopleSoft and Web Services for performance using Load Runner, Jmeter and ALM Performance Center
- Conversant in defining performance test strategy, performance test cases, load scripts and documenting the issues
- Strong skills in performing System, Integration, UAT, Functionality, Regression, Smoke, Sanity, Stress, Usability, testing for web and Client/Server application.
- Excellent Inter-personal and time-management skills.
Requirement Gathering Techniques: Brainstorming, Interviews, Workshops, Focus groups
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/ WebDriver/Grid, TESTNG, Fire path, Firebug, Cucumber, Maven, Jenkins, QTP, Gherkin, Perfecto Mobile, Appium,UFT, Load Runner, Jmeter
Bug Tracking Tools: Test Director, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Radar. ALM
Testing Types: Smoke, Sanity, Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, System, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, Windows: 95/98/XP/NT/Vista/7/8.
Languages: C, C + +, Microsoft VB, Core-Java, python .NET, ASP and SQL
Database: SQLServer2005 and MS Access, DB2, Oracle 8i/9i, MS SQL
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. QA tester/ testing automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Creating Component using different Publication and Target Utility, Page and Report
- Created Component and Page Publish to live and Validate .content file (HTML code) also Staging status
- Mobile automation of android and windows app using Appium and Selenium Web driver.
- Manual Testing Mobile Browser (Android & iOS) and Mobile Native Application Functional and Regression Testing and use of CME (SDL Tridion Tools).
- Extensive Experience in Developing automated test scripts and frame works using C# and Microsoft VB Script.
- Testing with SDL components e.g. metadata, schema, components, templates, etc.
- Crating Test cases in Excel sheet and (Mapping, Validating) upload in HP ALM
- Executing Test Cases Manual in ALM
- Tested application using different iOS and Android mobile devices and Android Virtual Device installations.
- Tested application using different IOS and Android mobile devices and Android Virtual Device installations.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Testing and JAVA technologies (Eclipse IDE), UFT. Contributed in framework creation.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality working as expected.
- Using Jira Project Management tools
- Worked on implementing the Load Runner, Performance center, Jmeter based infrastructure.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries for QA testing and report/data validations.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web-Driver with TestNG.
- Involved in Selenium Data-Driven Framework with Java programming and TestNG annotations.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and TestNG for grouping the tests.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different TestNG methods.
- Used Selenium, Appium for automation Mobil
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Committed automation test scripts to GitHub and used Jenkins to run automation tests as part of the build process.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed various types of testing, such as Functionality, Regression, GUI Interface, Integration System, User acceptance and, end-to-end testing.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool Jmeter.
- Submit the defect reports, and communicate issues to business, engineering, and management using JIRA.
- Performed testing on Data consistency, Data Comparison and database backup and recovery functionality by using SQL queries.
- Involved with SDLC models waterfall, RUB and AGILE Methodology projects (Scrum and XP).
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Involved in Extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, Jenkins, MAVEN, SVN, Apache-POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Toad, Windows 7, QC 11.0, Manual Testing, QTP, Clear Quest8.0, Clear case 8.0, Saleforce.com platform, SQL, Oracle 11g , Splunk, MS SQL server 2008, Eclipse , SOAP UI, Bug Tracker, UNIX.
Confidential, East Peoria, IL
Sr. QA Analyst/Test automation Engineer
- Performed testing activities inclusive of Functional, Integration testing, System, GUI and Regression Preparing and executing automation test scripts using UFT.
- Manually tested the new test cases for new functionality and automated them for further loads to reduce testing effort and time using Quick Test Professional.
- Analyzed Test Plan and Test Cases based on Requirements and General Design Documents involved in both Manual and Automation Testing for Personal accounts module
- Acted as single point of contact for QA when necessary to ensure proper coordination and resolution of issues.
- Used Appium Emulators and Simulators for testing the application in Mobiles.
- Peer Review Business Requirements Documents, User Stories, Technical Specifications and other critical documentation to ensure that the testing strategy can be successfully developed
- Validated various Provider contracts and contract terms in QNXT against configuration library.
- Created different Providers using Enrollment Process through Health PAS Online Portal.
- Involved in Member creation using QNXT and assigning them to different Maine Medicaid Programs.
- Used Cucumber , Appium and Xcode for Native Mobile Application automation testing for iOS and Android platform.
- Used JIRA as a bug tracking, issue tracking and project management software.
- Involved in automating Android and iOS mobile app testing using Appium.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android ) as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts using Appium.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Created different providers and members through QNXT.
- Responsible for testing of different Provider contracts and contract terms according to Configuration library.
- Involved in Health PAS Online Portal Testing as per the DSD
- Created User Defined Functions in UFT Function Library to re-use them in different tests and using Test Director for Defect tracking and reporting.
- Defect Tracking and Reporting logged defects using JIRA tool and reported it to the developer
- Created and debugged complex ETL processes using T-SQL queries, functions, stored procedures and SQL Server Agent jobs.
- Developed regression test data capture scripts using VB script to capture test data from DB2 database.
- Developed complex SQL queries to retrieve test data from DB2.
Environment: C#, ASP.Net, HTML, ADO.Net, Windows XP, QC, UFT, Jira, Rational Rose, , Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS FrontPage
- Performed automation feasibility using Selenium Web Driver and demonstrated Proof of Concept.
- Analyzed the manual test cases for the feasibility of automation in regression phase.
- Developed and executed Selenium automation scripts in Java .
- Performed Data operations on various applications using SQL queries .
- Developed test automation frameworks like hybrid, data driven frameworks using Java.
- Upgrading the jars and their version by implementing maven dependencies.
- Overnight script execution after build and deployment through Jenkins.
- Automated Restful web services tests using SOAP UI.
- Design, development and implementation test automation framework that is best suitable for the test infrastructure requirements.
- Involved in identifying automation test scenarios, set up the required reusable functions, repository, environment variables, test data and functions required for the automation scripts functionality.
- Identified test data and organized in excel files scenario wise for test input at run time.
- Created business functions and generic functions to be used across using the scripts to enable single point of maintenance.
- Executed automated test cases for regression and analyzed test failure for defects.
- Prepared automation test scripts to validate various functionalities using Selenium Web Driver using Java.
- Prepare the review reports (code reviews, execution reviews) for the automation scripts.
- Helped in preparing driver scripts, data driven tests and test suites .
- Involved in executing the automation scripts and storing the results.
- Communicating with other team's members (Development Team, Technical Support, and Business Support) to resolve the issues.
- Analyzed test results and reported defects.
- Prepare status reports such as daily status report, weekly status report and monthly-consolidated report.
- Prepared a user guide and installation guide to help novice users in execution.
- Automation Scripts designed were updated to descriptive programming because of the application instability.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, MS Dynamic CRM, Eclipse, Java 1.7, SQL Server 2012, Html, XML, Firefox, Fire Path, Firebug, SVN, Xpath, CSS, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI 4.5, JIRA, Agile/Scrum, Maven3.2.1.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Automation Engineer (Selenium)
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation Test Framework using TestNG.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Developed automation script with WebDriver API using Java, and TestNG
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG Frame work.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java.
- Involved in Writing Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites for VIN service, common data service, admin UI and java client modules.
- Involved on Cucumber testing and defined the test scenarios and created the test cases in Test Manager.
- Performed continuous integration of the test cases periodically using Jenkins and configured it to email reports during a build failure.
- Worked with data types, variable and variable declaration, naming convention, constants and assigning values to the variables in Microsoft VB scripting under QTP testing tool.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Extensively involved in testing the performance of application using JMeter.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the Xpath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP web services testing tool.
- Validated SOAP responses by using assertions like Xpath match, schema compliance, contains, SOAP fault etc.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Used SQL for retrieving data used for the data warehouse, Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data .
- Worked with all Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project.
- Interacted with other external teams for environment/license issues, external services availability and work towards resolution.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Microsoft VB scripting, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Soap UI, Firebug, XPath, Quality Center, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with client, developers and QA team.
- Created and implemented Test Plan and Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance and stress testing.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Design and Developed automated functional Test suite using Selenium IDE and Selenium RC
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium.
- Developed automation scenarios using the functional test cases
- Developed Selenium test cases using Junit framework
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium RC.
- Implemented Data-Driven test to verify the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium RC and JUnit.
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Worked with developer to reproduce the bugs and to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Worked with bug tracking tool JIRA.
- Provided back end testing for data validation using SQL on TOAD.
- Created Regression Document to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Analyzed requirements design documents; formulated test plans for functional testing of the application.
- Performed manual testing of application as per the test cases.
- Implemented test suites for Employee Service Request System web application.
- Involved in Component Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and Automation testing .
- Developed and executed several SQL queries as a part of backend testing.
- Successfully created the Perl scripts for reporting and validation.
- Responsible for creation of test plans using QC, defect tracking and test execution status reporting.
- Documented the QA Estimation Effort Reports weekly and monthly.
Environment: Quality Center, JAVA, XML, Manual testing, MS SQL Server, SQL, MS Office, Java/J2EE, Microsoft VB, HTML, XML, DHTML, Web sphere, SQL, Quality Center, QTP.