- Currently a Team Lead, Senior Business Analyst and Information Systems Professional with more than 20 years’ experience.
- I have acquired strong project planning and project leadership experience and excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels within a corporation.
- Strong ability to analyze, synthesize and organize information by using various methodologies and have the ability to build strong, sustainable relationships with internal and external individuals. Perform effectively under high - pressure situations.
- Maintain highest ethical standards.
- I compiled critical path analysis and did the breakdown of work structures.
- In the lifecycle of the projects I was team lead on, I was a key player in the planning and design of the project as well as monitoring and organizing the team members.
- I worked closely with the client to achieve the success of the project.
- I was involved with the following tasks: risk management, project plans where I had to estimate timelines, estimate costs per tasks, milestone deliverables, allotting resources to tasks.
- As with all projects change control plays a crucial role and with that I participate as well.
- Although I did not do the technical part of the implementation leg, seeing that I am in the functional arena, I overseen the technical team implementing changes in a timely fashion.
Programming Languages: SQL, Natural II, JCL, XML
Database Management: ROSCOE, TRIM, Predict
System Software and Applications: ADABAS, CICS, TSO, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Visio, TFS, Track +, Test Track
Business Applications: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Frontpage, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Test Manager, IBM WCM Certified
Team Lead / QA Lead and Senior Business Consultant
- I am part of a team of developers and business analysts that is in the process of developing the Confidential (Revenue Premier Taxpayer Portal) system. This is a tax portal and mobile application where individual taxpayers, businesses and third party users can, for example, file taxes, make payments and create service requests.
- By using the Waterfall methodology I have written and delivered on time numerous Use Cases and Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) documents by analyzing, verifying and validating relevant Use Cases, client requirements and functional specifications. By using Microsoft Visio I have designed process flows, navigation flows and page mockups.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the client and various team members in gathering the correct functional and design requirements as well as business rules for the relevant SRS documents as well as part of testing the developed Confidential iterations.
- As well as being a senior business analyst, I am currently the Team Lead for the Web Portal project.
- My role is leading a team of 8; 2 testers, 3 system administrators and 3 configuration developers.
- Based on the Agile methodology I interact with the client on a daily bases to discuss defects, enhancements and fixes that were discover while testing the system.
- I manage the interaction of different teams to ensure that interface jobs and outstanding defects are corrected.
- I lead the daily scrum meetings.
- Responsible for creating various weekly status reports and presenting them to various committees.
- I am also involved in maintaining the project plan.
Principal Consultant/Business Analyst
- I was part of the team that analyzed, validated, specified and verified the enhancements to be made to the Confidential (Enterprise Taxation and Policy Management) system for Confidential compliancy.
- I was responsible for JAD session pertaining to the projects. Gathered, synthesizes and prioritized requirements using interviews, document analysis and requirement workshops.
- Writing and reviewing STP (System Test Plans) based on the correlating ED’s (External Designs) and Interface documents, as well as writing and reviewing the STR’s (System Test Results).
- In addition, I worked on any defects and retrofits that needed to be applied to the Confidential project.
- On the Interest Calculation project I was managing and executing the STP’s and creating STR. On the Confidential system at the Confidential my tasks included testing the migrating legacy data to Confidential through a layer of 3 well defined phases - Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL), thus testing each phase separately (Unit Testing) and then conducting end to end functional and reconciliation testing.
- Also managed Defects and tested system changes. Managed and streamlined OPN (Oracle PartnerNetwork) by coordinating and keeping in sync between various Oracle partner websites all relevant product development documentation.
Functional Business Analyst
- Worked as well with the Oracle ETM (Enterprise Taxation Management) system .
- I worked closely with project stakeholders, SMEs and staff to understand the requirements and specifications for the new application.
- Requirements analysis on GAP analysis, Business Processes, communication plans and risk management through JAD sessions, Co-leading the Test Team for the City of Phoenix which included writing Test Scripts, executing Test Scripts, tracking progress statistics and participating in defect resolution. Coached the city test leads on how to execute Test Scripts.
- In addition, I performed conversion testing via SQL.
- I created and maintained Natural programs on an IBM mainframe using Natural/ADABAS for the Confidential Credit and Fleet systems.
- Created and maintained batch jobs using MVS/ESA JCL within the Roscoe environment.
Senior Systems Analyst
- My responsibilities were as followed; analyzing, enhancing and maintaining the legacy Sales Order and Credit Process (SOP) system.
- Developed, analyzed and maintained the Order Link project.
- The SOP system was written in Natural/ADABAS as well as COBOL.
- There were various Batch jobs that were being executed via JCL as well as online programs.
- The Order link/Extranet project was a WEB based inquiry system.
- The data provided for this system was obtained from the Mainframe via a middleware product called Orchestrator and inserted into SQL tables that fed the web inquiry page.
- Enhanced the UPC fields to be compatible once the GTIN (Global Trade Identification Number) standards were in place.
- I was the initiator and owner of the Programming Questions, Tips and Techniques Internet Forum at Confidential .
- I maintained, analyzed, documented and enhanced, using Natural II/ADABAS the Embedded Base Conversion as well as the Near-Real-Time system which converted point-to-point private communication lines to frame relay.
- I was also on the Confidential CQA Committee, which was based upon the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria.