- HTML, JSON, PHP, Java, C#, CSS, SQL
- HP Quality Center (ALM), JIRA, TFS
- HP Quick Test Pro (QTP)/UFT, Selenium
- Snag It 9 Editor, SharePoint
- Oracle SQL Developer, SoapUI
- Works well in fast paced environments
- Practical knowledge of Agile & Scrum
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Excellent leadership and strategic skills
- Analytical and strong management skills
- Quick learner & creative problem solver
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
- Work and collaborate with an onshore cross functional team. Also, manage a team of up to eight QA resources across three teams located in Chennai, India. Each team worked on multiple projects in a two - week release cadence. I also hired a dedicated automation engineer for our entire team. I mentored, trained and lead the overall QA department making sure our processes, standards, policies and overall roadmap were met throughout the entire SDLC.
- Work closely with product owners, development and other stakeholders to discuss strategy, allocate resources and capacity, identify risks and be proactive in raising concerns upfront. Also, I spearheaded the creation of QA metrics, reporting and our entire automation from the ground up (60%-80% was automated in 1 year)
- Automation framework consisted of end to end, functional, regression, smoke testing scripts, test creation and post deployment automated scripts.
- Provided the Quality Assurance team a vision which included planning, providing efficiencies by creating and improving current processes, systems and encouraging good standard practices within an agile environment.
- Setup quality assurance metrics, dashboards and gave reporting and presentations to my director on how our automation efforts have impacted our efficiency within 1 year. Also, how strategies I put in place decreased our average production defects to less than one over a 3-6 month time period.
- Analyze our data and assess risk to identify trends, root causes and recommend solutions proactively to mitigate.
- Built relationships with our vendors to source talent, onboard them which included conducting interviews, guiding them through our hiring process and utilize that new talent and our QA bench as needed during workload increases.
- Created yearly QA department goals and objectives to aligned with department vision.
- Represent QA in all agile meeting. Lead design meetings, planning meetings and given testing impact analysis.
- Create test plans, test cases, estimated stories, analyzed requirements, conducted regression, functional, back-end testing and everything other type of testing out there.
- Developed deep business and application knowledge as a subject matter expert
- Worked to review and document test cases to make sure they were clear, detailed and flagged for automation when they were ready. The goal was to make the automation engineers job smooth.
Senior Quality Assurance
- Effectively track and resolve defects and issues with application developers.
- Work closely with developers to create test specifications/conditions and build test cases to rigorously test product functionality and investigate all potential product test failures.
- Conduct backend UNIX Testing and Web Service Testing for CDS project.
- Represent/Lead the overall testing effort through all project cycles (SDLC).
- Became the subject matter expert on all applications, periodically directing/training UAT, QA and other non-IT personnel.
- Contribute and take ownership of all stories assigned in our Daily SCRUM(Agile).
- Prioritize workload, estimate QA work hours relative to due dates.
QA Applications Developer
- Test lead for various projects including the successful implementation of a new grant funded project called JDRF-Follow Up which was awarded $60 million in research dollars.
- Responsible for testing all change requests, defects, data fixes, code fixes and overall maintenance items for the sites.
- Responsible for managing change control documentation and executing builds to our servers when new code needed to be promoted to our various environments (QA, UNIT, PROD, UAT)
- Create test plans, test scripts and automate repetitive tasks using HP QTP.
- Execute test scripts for monthly Microsoft patch testing of 40 applications.
- Experience with HP Quality Center software to edit, execute, create and manage test scripts, defects and business components.
- Review requirements and create test plans, test cases and scripts for Cost Basis and Outside Business Activity Projects.
- Effectively retest, reproduce and document detailed results for defects across multiple platforms, environments and operating systems.
- Experience in planning, executing and reporting of system integration and regression testing for Software Engineering projects and piecework efforts.
- Demonstrate initiative for running, maintaining, coordinating and developing automated scripts for monthly Microsoft patch testing; Helping the test team reach 60% automation of their applications for Microsoft patch testing and helping to accomplish team and department goals of increasing efficiency and automating repetitive tasks using automation software HP Quick Test Professional.
- Help with setup and participation of user acceptance testing for third party application Albridge.
- Design and extract test data using SQL queries.