- 8+ years of experience Software Testing with solid experience in Automated and Manual Testing on ecommerce/Web based, Database, Mobile application, Client/Server Applications on Windows, macOS, LINUX and UNIX environments.
- Acquainted with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), emerging software disciplines like AGILE software development and Traditional Waterfall Model.
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium Web Driver /RC / IDE/, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Cucumber, Mock, Jbehave, Soap UI and HP UFT / QTP & HP Quality Center.
- Worked Extensively on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit Testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Proficient in documentation of deliverables in testing process (Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Summary, Defects in HP Quality Center/ALM, Microsoft test Manager(MTM), TFS & JIRA, Status Reports, and Best practices in Testing)
- Extensive experience in functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, black box testing, white box testing, GUI testing, system testing, security testing, browser compatibility testing, cross browser compatibility testing.
- Experience in core Java, Hands - on in creating/debugging/enhancing different automation frameworks.
- Worked on developing Selenium Test Scripts using Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Experience in analyzing requirements for documentation of test plan, design test cases, test environment to perform various test methodologies.
- Experience in preparing Test strategy, Developing Test plan, Test cases, and Writing test Scripts by Decomposing business Requirements and Developing Test scenarios to support quality deliverables.
- Strong knowledge on Iphone and Android operating systems and applications.
- Expertise in manual and automated mobile application testing for J2ME & BREW wireless, Symbian, and Blackberry, Android/iOS (Mobile), client server and cloud applications.
- Performed black box, database, and web-based testing on several test phases. Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario by using Selenium.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators (xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Experience in execution of Test Cases and linking of defects to test cases in Quality Center and JIRA.
- Experience in Web Application testing using Selenium Web Driver Java on multiple browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.
- Bug Reporting or Defect tracking using HP Quality Center, JIRA and Clear quest.
- Strongly self-motivated and willing to take responsibilities in End to End testing.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new and challenging scenarios.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team oriented, collaborative environment with
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill.
- Tested a large social network application on multiple platforms web based, Android and iOS.
Testing Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SharePoint
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, QTP
Frameworks: Testing, Page Object Model, Hybrid, Data Driven, Keyword Driven
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7/8/9/10, Ubuntu, Linux, Unix
Programming/Scripting languages: Java, C, HTML 5, CSS 3, Java Script, XML
Databases: SQL Server 2008/2012/2015, My SQL, RDBMS
Defect tracking tools: Quality Center, Jira, Microsoft TFS, Firebug
Web Browsers: Firefox Mozilla, Internet explorer, Google Chrome, Safari
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Junit Framework.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Designed test cases based on the use-cases and the complex business logic defined for each web-service or a message.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Created the test data and request for the test data dependent with the other applications to be used in the testing activities for the current release.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Team Foundation Server (TFS), Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, Oracle and Windows, JMeter.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
QA Automation Tester
- Developed detailed Test Plans, Test Cases based on the Functional Requirements Documents (FRD) and Business Requirements Documents (BRD).
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse IDE, JUNIT and Selenium Webdriver.
- Involved in designing data driven framework for reading the data from excel sheets using Apache POI library and TestNG data provider.
- Developed Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Appium, Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Used Java language and JUnit framework to develop and run the scripts.
- Performed User interface testing to validate UI elements and used UI Automator viewer to locate elements for Appium test automation framework.
- Assisted Manager by providing automation strategies, Selenium/Cucumber Automation and JIRA reports.
- Performed Manual Mobile Testing by using Emulators, Simulators and Devices in hand.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix(RTM) to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content.
- Created custom JSON/XML Assertors to validate SOAP (WSDL) and REST API calls, and Data Banks to store and analyze data input/output and error logs.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Reported Bugs through JIRA, prioritized the bugs and assigned to the developers.
- Used SVN Repository for version controlling.
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in daily scrum meetings and targeted testing for each sprint deliverables.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project and integrated with Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for running test on a scheduled basis automatically.
- Participated in QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancements and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI Library, Appium, Junit, JIRA, SOAPUI, SVN, UI Automator viewer, WSDL, XML, Agile, Quality center.
Confidential , St. Louis, MO
QA Automation Engineer
- Assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions and Scrum Meetings, and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Involved in preparing test cases using user stories from JIRA in MTM to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Moue movements.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression testing and end to end testing, and involved in User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
- Documented and reported all found defects in JIRA.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework. Based on page library, developed Selenium test cases in JAVA using Junit framework.
- Performed Functional Testing as per user stories and performed Integration testing & System Testing using Protractor automation scripts.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations.
- Managed individual Selenium sprints user stories and tasks using JIRA as tracking tool.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model and Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases.
- Performed Black-box testing, database testing and web-based testing on several test phases.
- Involved in Wed services testing using SOAPUI, Postman and UFT Tool, and Validated request and response JSON.