Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with over fifteen years of experience in test automation solutions for both telecom and network communication systems. Solid contributor responsible for supervising and junior engineers in provisioning, verifying and validating network components, configuration, protocols and performance. Skilled in a variety of testing methodologies for both software and hardware networking products in integration, regression and load/stress. Adept at researching, reporting and implementing key technologies for cutting edge products.
KEY SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Test Plan Database Design
- Test Automation (TCL/Python)
- Test Lab Management
- Test Framework Design
- Test Reporting
- Test Network Management
- Extensive knowledge in developing and implementing automated network test plans and strategies.
- Expert programming skills using TCL/Expect with extensive use of Python.
- Knowledge of L2 switching and L3 routing protocols, configuration regression testing procedures.
- Skill in use of network monitoring and various network emulation tools
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Responsible for TDM and VOIP platform test automation design, creation, execution and analysis of multiple Voice Quality Assurance (VQA) products as well as Voice - To-Text (VTT) transcription quality audits using a combined TCL/Python in-house test framework.
- Support both QNX hosted Packet Voice Processor (PVP) and CentOS hosted Ethernet Voice Processor (EVP) based embedded VQA application products with CLI management
- Handle integration of automated processes, supporting analog dialup POTS, HTTP and IMAP of voice prompts with text based transcription extraction for word error rate (WER) analysis on cloud hosted (AWS) application and automated WEB form testing, using Selenium running Python / Ruby scripts
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Product Verification Supervisor
- Responsible for all product verification lab test team activities for test plan generation and execution of scheduled product release cycles, customer / field related product issues, as well as lab test equipment procurement, maintenance and calibration. Ensured all products met or exceeded applicable industry standards
- Established product verification test lab from the ground up. Built wireline telecom circuit, Ethernet, packet and fiber optic switched lab network infrastructure
- Designed an in-house purpose built CLI based switch controller supporting logic DC, T1/E1, DS3/STS and OC3/STM fiber optic digital cross connections for complete product line test automation switching.
- Developed a complete TCL/Python scripted, CLI/MACRO based, distributed test automation framework for test team utilization, encompassing all products, driven by a WEB hosted database test plan, with results reporting and runtime alerts via email.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
GPS Applications Engineer
- Provided, upgraded and enhanced GPS based timing solutions for telecom and mobile wireless applications
- Conducted regular long-term timing stability analysis (MTIE) and product comparison reports
- Operated and maintained a Solaris based GPS simulator for performance analysis
- Assisted Research and Development team testing various time transfer solutions targeting Cellular Mobile Base Stations