- Over 5 years of work experience in IT industry with specialization in Software Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), methodologies and process.
- Key expertise includes testing & debugging GUI & Multi - Applications environment & automated testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Unittest/Pytest, Jenkins, GHERKIN/Cucumber, Robot, ALLURE reporting, RESTful API and PostMan.
- Experienced in customizing Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Experienced in developing and executing manual and automated tests in different platforms using Python, Pytest/Unittest/Robot and the Selenium library.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Git/Github repository.
- Experienced in developing Keyword-Driven, Data Driven, TDD, Behavior driven & Hybrid Framework using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Experienced in writing Test Plans, defining Test Scenarios and Test Cases, developing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with development team and track the bugs till closure.
- Technically resourceful in different types of testing such as Functional, Positive, Negative, Regression, Integration, Black box, White Box, Smoke, Volume, Load, Performance, System testing, User Acceptance, End-to-End and Business Process Testing.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include RESTful Web Service (Get, Put, Post, Delete, Options along with XML/JSON data parsing) and SOAP API Testing.
- Proficient in overall Defect Management/Problem solving including tracking bugs and reporting using HP ALM, Quality Center and Jira.
- Proficient in using basic SQL queries to perform back end testing for data integrity.
- Experienced with working on multiple operating systems like Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Experienced with Github remote/local repository, commit, cloning, push and pulling operations.
- Basic knowledge about Amazon Web service (AWS).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical ability bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Ability to adopt to new methodologies, tools and technologies and domains depending on the job responsibilities.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/GRID, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) / QTP, Test Link, Test Manager, Cucumber, SOAP UI, RESTful API, Jenkins, Github, PostMan, Advanced Rest Client, REST Easy.
Languages: Python, Java Script, VB Script, Java (basic), HTML, CSS, XML.
IDE: PyCharm, Jupyter. Ride
Test Framework: Unittest, Pytest, Data Driven Framework, BDD (Gherkin/Cucumber Framework), Robot.
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Ranorex Selocity, ChroPath.
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM/QC (Quality Center).
Databases: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, MySQL.
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, 7, 8 and 10), Linux, Mac OS.
BI Tool: Tableau.
Confidential, Brooklyn, New York
Python Test Automation Engineer
- Performed Business Requirement Analysis by thoroughly understanding Project Design Document and Business Requirement Document.
- Created testing strategy keeping in mind project scope and timeline and wrote Test Cases and Test Plans accordingly in an Agile Environment.
- Identified ambiguities and potential technical problems or design flaws so that preventive action can be taken.
- Designed and developed Data driven, Behavior driven, TDD and Hybrid Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver and Python and performed unit testing by using Unitest and Pytest.
- Developed/Updated System Test Plan, Test scenarios and Test Scripts as per the requirements and Change Request Document.
- Developed test strategy for the minimal required tests that provides value in determining the quality state of the application.
- Developed and executed White box test cases using Python, Unitest/Pytest/Robot framework & PyCharm/Ride.
- Extended Unitest/Pytest/ Robot framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Python (PyCharm IDE and Ride IDE).
- Developed and executed manual and automated tests in different platforms using Python and Selenium library.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Unittest, Pytest,Robot, pip tool and created selenium automation scripts in python.
- Automated Smoke & Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Unitest/Pytest/Robot & Python (PyCharm IDE and Ride IDE).
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins with Git/Github repository.
- Worked with designing and building automation frameworks in Gherkin / Cucumber BBD.
- Implemented OO designs and applied working knowledge of design patterns to performance test presentation, data and business modules.
- Developed and implemented test cases to Automate testing for RESTful API (Put, Post, Get, Delete, Options) along with parsing the XML/Json data from the server response.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Involved in testing Web Services manually and creation of collections using PostMan, Advance REST Client and Rest Easy.
- Involved in SOAP based web services testing using SOAP UI PRO web services testing tool.
- Performed web testing on Apple and Android devices, device emulators and simulators.
- Participated in bug walk meetings with development team, business team and project managers for defect triage and provide analysis on the nature of the defect.
- Identified software defects and interacted with developers to resolve them and provided full support to the Test team using HP ALM, JIRA.
- Developed user manuals and assist in fellow employees to increase their knowledge of the system.
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in agile methodology.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed and executed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts for Manual and Automation Testing.
- Worked in agile environment on testing iteratively against newly developed code until quality is achieved from an end customer's perspective.
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium.
- Effectively implemented different QA Methodologies/ Policies, Strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Prepared Test strategy and Test Plan for each Release cycle along with the UAT test plan.
- Performed various testing methods like Functional, Usability, Security, Navigational and UAT testing by creating automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver and manually.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java.
- Initially involved in creating a Manual Test Cases in Quality Center. Tests were grouped into test plan and executed. Results were recorded and published to management.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Created Master Test Plan, critical scenarios and Test Scripts and schedules for Testing.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Reported the bugs/defects through Quality Center.
- Performed SOA /web services testing using SOAP UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Worked with appropriate development and technical support teams to triage, assess and solution.
- Worked closely with different functional team including Development, QA, and Business.
Confidential, Woodbury, NY
- Involved in writing Test Scripts for the main application functionality such as validation, business workflow.
- Regularly involved in discussion with developers with the test results to improve the performance.
- Performed Manual Testing on different Modules of the Application.
- Worked with test cases and test scripts and modified to accommodate new changes to the software/applications.
- Tested applications Performed Regression and Integration Testing.
- Involved in analysis of Test Plans and Test cases according to business Specifications and designing.
- Managed requirements using Requirements Plan Manager.
- Documented Test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating condition in Quality Center.
- Developed and conducted system and user acceptance test plans on completion of system testing before installation of the application on user environment.
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and the Technical Specifications.
- Developed test plans and written test cases as per the business requirements.
- Conducted GUI testing to check for appearance and properties of the application.
- Performed Manual Testing to test the usability of the application.
- Written user-defined functions and generated Test Matrix.
- Involved in system testing.
- Performed Back end Testing-using SQL.
- Used Clear Quest for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
Environment: Manual Testing, HP-Quality Center, Oracle, XML, MS Office, SQL Server 2014 (v-12.0), LINUX, Regression Testing, Integration Testing and Windows.