Over 7+ years of IT experience as a Quality Analyst/ Automation Engineer in Software Development Life Cycle: STLC, and Bug Life Cycles (BLC). Seeking for a challenging position as a Quality Analyst/ Automation Engineer that enables to contribute to the organization by improving quality of applications and systems where I can utilize strong analytical and testing skills in both Client/Server application and Web environment on Windows NT and UNIX platform. Thorough knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Development methodologies, Analysis, Black Box Testing, White Box, Gray Box, System Testing, Functionality Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Automation testing with Selenium Suite, HP QTP. Knowledge in backend testing using SQL queries, Strong knowledge in API/ Web Service Testing & worked on Data Conversion using MS Excel. Development, Testing and Implementation of projects for various organizations such as Financial, Health care, Insurance and Software organizations.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Web and Client/Server environments.
- Strong knowledge in Mobile Testing Native & Hybrid in Appium &andriod both operation system.
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing and Stress Testing .
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from Use case documents and Systems requirement document and design documents
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodology, standards and procedures such as creating and executing test plans and test scripts generation.
- Validated Technical requirements definitions and project estimation/sizing documents.
- Proficient in Manual Testing and in Automated Testing: Selenium IDE, WebDriver (Java), Cucumber, JIRA, Quality Center/ALM, Rational Requisite pro, QTP and rational robot.
- Experienced in Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid
- Expertise in exporting JUNIT scripts from Selenium IDE to Eclipse JUNIT test suites, Creating new JUNIT test cases, modifying the Selenium scripts and writing test suites using JUNIT/TestNG.
- Strong knowledge of BDD implements in Cucumber/JBehave.
- Good Knowledge of writing Scenarios from the Features using Gherkin syntax.
- Managing Test data using data tables in Scenarios.
- Using inline tables to reduce duplicate code.
- Experienced in writing Selenium or WebDriver modules from scratch.
- Running test suite and generating XSLT reports through testNG/JUnit.
- Experience with Selenium frameworks like Hybrid frameworks.
- Hands on experience with any code configuration tool like Git/SVN/Perforce.
- Strong knowledge of builds management tools like Maven.
- Hands on experience of continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Proven ability in Selenium WebDriver Automated testing & Frameworks, Page ObjectModel(POM) & Hybrid Frameworks, Test Driven Development(TDD), Behavior Driver Development(BDD), Web & Windows based testing, Functional testing, Performance & Load testing.
- Experienced in UNIX Shell Scripting, VB Script and JAVA Script.
- Proven ability in writing JAVA, JUnit, C# scripts and Leading JAVA, C# .Net projects automation.
- Utilized UNIX and SQL to create test data and perform backend validation of UI based applications.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate - wide-ETL Solution using “Informatica”
- Involve in applications analysis and testing which included claims processing as per EDI/ANSI-X-12 transactions standard.
- Experienced in developing and executing complex SQL queries to validate the data in the back end.
- Used Quick Test Pro extensively to automate testing of the functionalities of the application and used the scripts for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Created and executed tests scripts in QTP and Rational Robot for functional and regression testing.
- Involved in performed Load Test, Volume Test and Stress Test using Load Runner.
- Involved in created automated scripts by using VUGen.
- Thorough understanding of QA Methodologies like waterfall, Iterative, Agile, Rational Unified Modeling (RUP).
- Excellent track record of successful completion under tight deadlines.
- Capable to adapt and learn new tools, techniques and approaches.
- Strong communicator and skillful in working closely with customers to identify and resolve problems.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent in technical documentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium Suite(IDE, Remote Control, WebDriver, Grid) Cucumber, HP Quick Test Professional(QTP), HP Quality Center(QC)/ Application Life Cycle Management(ALM),Xcode, Android SDK, Rational Suites, HP Load Runner, Apache JMeter, IDE( Intellije,Eclipse, Net Beans) Apache JMeter, Apache Maven, Apache ANT, CI Tool Jenkins & Bamboo, Github, Microsoft office Suite, Appium Inspector, Android SDK package, Uiautomatorviewer, Xcode, SDK Manager, APK File, IPA File, Eclipse, AngularJS, Protractor.
Methodology: SDLC, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, RUP.
DBMS : Oracle, Ms SQL Server, TOAD, SQL PLUS, SQL Developer, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, MAC OS, Linux, UNIX, Windows Server 2008/2012
Platforms: Native Apps and Web Applications for Mobile/ Tablet
Mobile OS: IOS, Android, Windows, RIM
Defect Tracking Tools: ALM, Mercury Quality Center, Rally, Jira, Bugzilla, Zoom, PVCS Tracker
Configuration Management tools: Apache Maven, Apache ANT, Git, Github, SVN, Clear Case, Star Team, VSS, Share Point.
Cloud Testing: Sauce Labs, Browser Stack, See Tests
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Conducted Smoke, GUI, Functional, Integration and Regression testing during the various phases of the Development.
- Performed Functional and Integration testing of the application and prioritized test cases to meet project specific deadlines.
- Developed and maintained Selenium Script on Jenkins to support regression testing whenever a Change Request is completed.
- Develop Test cases from business use cases, Test data and Selenium scripts for UItesting.
- Created automation framework from scratch & ran scripts on different browsers/environments & reported defects/results to the team
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source control using Git &Remote repository Githubover the time for improvements and new features.
- Regression testing by automation using Selenium WebDriver & JAVA.
- Build the app using XCode & use the ipa file to execute automation script.
- Demonstrated the advantages of using Selenium with Cucumber for automated testing.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing over 150 test cases, 6 test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVAand Junit.
- Achieved customer satisfaction and high quality by effective Automation testing, AGILE Processes Responsibilities
- Performing Back end testing with extensive use of SQL Queries and UNIX commands.
- Utilized UNIX and SQL to create test data and perform backend validation of UI based applications. Reporting and verifying the bugs in Jira.
- Involve in applications analysis and testing which included claims processing as per EDI/ANSI-X-12 transactions standard.
- Runing test on Seetest Cloud
- Strong knowledhe in cloud testing
- Participated defect review meetings with the team members and coordinated with project development team.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for tracking document and managing version.
- Gathered and analyzed tests logs, defects and implement final test summary report.
- Configure the CI environment & ran automation script in Continuous integration(CI) tool using Jenkins&followedcontinuous delivery (CD) process
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Xcode, Android Studio, Java, Informatica,MS SQL server, Atlassian Jira, Agile Scrum, Windows, MAC, Git, Apache Tomcat, Continuous Integration (CI) Atlassian Bamboo, SeeTest(Experitest).
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Sr. Manual Tester
- Analyzed business requirements and developed Test cases based on Use Cases to evaluate the functionalities.
- Responsible for implementing effective quality assurance processes and practices.
- Managed weekly meetings with the QA team to obtain status, gather innovative ideas for continuous process improvements and delegate workload.
- Attended use case and technical specifications review sessions with product and architecture teams to provide feedback in the elaboration phase.
- Created test plans outlining the scope, approach, schedule, resources and deliverables.
- Coordinated the maintenance of multiple test environments to support parallel test efforts.
- Used HP ALM to map requirements to test cases, provide traceability to requirements, create test sets, and selectively run tests both manually and using automation test scripts.
- Clearly communicated defects with developers and updated comments in HP ALM Defect Section.
- Responsible for scheduling the batch execution of the tests, log and track defects using ALM.
- Configured the connection between MS Excel and HP ALM.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, and also established a regression test suite, both manual and automation, to assure the stability of AUT.
- Performed backend testing to validate the data using ORACLE TOAD, added SQL queries to the required Test cases.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using SQL Plus to validate backend functionality of the application.
- Expertise with automated testing tools including Selenium & Appium
- Parameterized test scripts to utilize for multiple sets of test data.
- Performed verification of Text, Database checkpoints and synchronization points of the application in
- Created and Implemented Centralized Shared Object Repositories to reduce script maintenance time.
- Created function libraries for common functions for better code reusability.
- Created Data Driven Framework to reduce automated scripts maintenance time.
- Written Automation script for Mobile using Appium( iOS & Android)
- Strong knowledge Building in APK & IPA both
- Documented weekly automation status reports that provided information about the AUT being tested, corresponding test-cases that have been automated, script information, verification point’s information, corresponding bugs’ information, and expected status for the next week.
- Reviewed product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepared automated test Script.
- Involved in daily defect meetings during testing phase and extensively worked throughout defect life cycle from opening to closure using HP ALM.
- Experience in Web Services, API Testing using SoapUI to test SOAP and REST web services.
- Prepared Reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of the test scripts & Frameworks.
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members Scrum Master and Various Stakeholders on Application testing status.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Xcode, Android Studio, MAC, HTML, Alure Cuccumber, Smart Bear SOAP UI, MySQL,, Unix, WebLogic, Simulator & Emulator, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Rally, J2E, JSON, XML, Cucumber, JUnit
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Acknowledged development methodology to perform testing based on application life cycle
- Followed and analyzed all Procedures for Requirements Analysis, Planning, Designing, Development, Testing and Implementation, above all Business Requirements specification.
- Reviewed Test Plan and other supporting documents to established framework for Manual and Automation testing.
- Developed test cases based on Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and created test cases templates to facilitate other testers, using Quality Centre.
- Performed regression testing for the application. Parameterized the scripts and enhanced them according to the test case.
- Worked with Business Analyst to define and design test cases template
- Prepared and submitted IV&V Review Reports based on finding, observations and recommendation
- Developed SQL queries to retrieve data from the tables in the database to perform Backend testing.
- Tracked the Defects and generating reports using PVCS Tracker.
- Created Test scenarios on Load Runner controller for Baseline, Stress, Volume and Soak/ Testing
- Communicated with development team, business owner regarding the status and potential impacts on the delivery date and/or expected quality of the tasks and/or the projects.
- Performed GUI, regression and user acceptance testing of front end manually.
- Communicated requirements traceability matrix and tracked requirements status throughout the project.
- Managed the test cases in Quality Center and mapped to the requirements and ensured proper test coverage.