Accomplished results oriented Software Test Analyst with eight plus years of experience in software quality assurance and software testing in government solutions, insurance, mortgage, financial industries and IT service and Solutions Industries . Specialized in analyzing requirements, writing system test plans, building test cases and procedures, performing gap analysis, peer reviews, setting up test environments, preparing test data, executing test cases, writing bug documentation, and developing test summary report.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience includes Black Box, Regression, GUI, integration, User Acceptance, Back end, Positive, Negative, Functional, Performance, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Expertise in reviewing and analyzing user stories, product backlogs, and use case(s) documents.
- Experience in supporting Test Cycles, Compiling Test Status Reports, participating in Defect Status meetings, Project Status meetings and interacting with Project Managers, Development Team, Business Analysts and Engineers.
- Experience in working with V - Model, Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Expertise in developing Test Scripts, Test Plans, and Test Cases for Functional, Regression suites, and System Testing.
- Experience in Defect Management and Change Management Tools JIRA and Quality Center.
- Expertise in developing test Scenarios, preparing test data, and creating bug documentation.
- Experience in manual and automation testing using industry standard testing tools HP ALM, Quality Center
- Extensive experience in Web Services testing.
- Experience in effectively presenting technical information to various audiences ranging from the client, developer to project manager.
- Experience in section 508 compliance testing.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, have strong communication skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, meets project milestones, and deliverable dates
- Strong leadership capabilities, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Experience and knowledge on Selenium.
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, and V-Development Model
Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, ALM, JIRA,JAWS,WAVE, TOAD, SQL-Plus, SOAP UI, XML SPY
Bug Tracking Tool: JIRA, ALM, and Quality Center
Operating System: Unix, Windows XP/2000, Windows 7 &Vista, AS 400
Languages/Web Technology: SQL, Visual Basic, XML, HTML
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Linux
Application: MS Office, Visio, SharePoint
Software Service Tester
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to discuss System Requirement and Business Requirement Documents.
- Updated test scripts, test plans in Application Lifecycle Management Tool (ALM) for multiple NFCU projects at the same time.
- Conducted manual testing of NFCU internal applications and reported defects.
- Assisted in training new team members with working with different internal applications.
- Worked with the Quality Assurance lead to develop detailed Test Plan and Test Case.
- Performed daily duties to reset NFCU internal accounts to ensure there were no errors in the amount information throughout the day within the application.
Environment : Visio, MS Office, ALM, Excel, SharePoint, JIRA, Blue Zone Sessions
Software Test Analyst
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Conducted surveys, interviews and facilitate Joint Application Requirement (JAR) sessions with the Business Users and SME’s.
- Created, edited and uploaded technical documentation on MS SharePoint.
- Prepared project related presentations and provide progress reports to the higher management and stakeholders using MS Office.
- Work with business teams to understand the requirement and needs of the potential customers and the target market.
- Worked with the Quality Assurance lead to develop detailed Test Plan and Test Case.
- Created and verified user stories and use case specifications with activity and state diagrams.
- Elicited information from end users and senior management to display requirements in a format that allows for easy review, approval, and implementation.
- Documented Business scripts after understanding the system thoroughly and translating them to the developers to help in corporate the current system features into the future system.
- Prepared Service Testing test plans
- Participated in test plan and test case review meetings
- Created end to end service test cases
- Manipulated request payloads to conform to various scenarios
- Validated response to ensure service works as designed
- Participated in defect review meeting
Environment: Visio, MS Office, RRC, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, JIRA, ALM/QC, SQL, SOAP UI
Senior QA Analyst
Confidential, Morgantown, WV
- Tested web based system for Express Scripts.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in requirements analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation developed in Agile environment.
- Actively participated in Scrum meetings, reviews, and developed test scenarios.
- Reviewed Functional specifications documents, design documents, requirements traceability matrix and involved in developing test plan document.
- Prepared the traceability matrix to fill in gap between the requirements and the test cases covered.
- Designed test plans, test cases, test scripts and executed by testing manually.
- Facilitated meetings to review defects and identify severity found during testing.
- Manually retested application after modifications and in enhancements.
- Used JIRA to track application defects to improve quality of software.
- Performed Service Testing for various projects
- Created test suites in SOAP UI
- Created SOAP UI Projects for reusability
- Assisted in identifying areas of automation
- Trained client team on services test case maintenance and reusability
Environment: HP ALM, MS Excel, MS Word, AS 400, J2EE, Quality Center, SharePoint, SOAP UI, QTP/ UFT JIRA
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MDResponsibilities:
- Interfaced with business owners and Subject Mater Expert (SME) to understand Use Case, User Story, Activity Diagrams, screen mock-ups, acceptance criteria, and UI documents.
- Involved in gathering/analyzing the System Requirement Specification (SRS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) software design document, Use cases, and any project related documents.
- Conducted review meetings of test design, test readiness, and test completion.
- Designed and develop Test Scenario/Test Cases for various Business Processes.
- Developed Manual and worked on Automated Test Scripts.
- Provided timely feedback to developers as bugs are found using JIRA.
- Manually retested the application functionality after any modifications or updates on the application.
- Gathered and analyzed tests logs, defects, and implement final test summary reports.
- Involved in preparation of the test data required for executing test cases.
- Involved in System Testing, UAT Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing and Performance Testing.
- Facilitated defect review meetings involving all stakeholders to review defects, identify severity and set priorities as per client requirements, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Participated in sprint planning based on new and backlogged requirements.
- Manually tested many of the functionalities to ascertain the validity of smoke testing.
- Maintain Requirement Traceably Matrix (RTM) after developing and updating Test Cases in HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Created test data for validating scenarios based on functional requirements specifications.
- Created Test cases to verify application comply with section 508 regulation.
- Created test data/conduct database queries as required to evaluate software functionality.
- Written test cases based on information found in requirements and specifications, flow charts, and process diagrams.
- Prepared automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression testing.
- Performed Front End and Functionality Testing using QTP.
- Maintained main repository and function libraries.
- Developed QTP automation framework to maintain regression testing.
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data driven testing on the application inserting different data using QTP.
- Participated in peer reviews of functional specifications, application previews, and test plans/test cases.
- Used reusable actions with utilizing the flexible functionalities in Quick Test professional.
- Used JIRA for issue tracking and project tracking for software development teams to improve code quality.
- Participated in design Walkthroughs and Inspection meetings to review Test scripts and results.
Environment: HP ALM, JIRA, QTP, Quality Center, SharePoint
QA Test Analyst
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Analyzed the software functionality.
- Developed test plans based the business functionality of the application.
- Performed System Testing.
- All the issues that came up during the testing process were tracked and logged in Clear Quest as defects.
- Used Quality Center for execution of manual test scripts.
- Create & Execute UAT Testing Scripts run it & participate in defect calls.
- Developed a test plan and modified the test plan when required in later stages of testing. Tests were tracked, reviewed, analyzed, and compared using Quality Center.
- Conducted Multi-User, Smoke, and System testing.
- Performed extensive functional GUI level testing and wrote /modified tests from scratch.
- Created and executed automated test scripts.
- Involved in User Interface testing, Usability Testing, Functionality Testing, and Smoke Testing of the application.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing before the initial release when the project reached the final phase prior to deployment.
- Monitored and planned tests and test scripts using Quality Center, and also used its bug reporting capabilities to track and document bugs.
- Provided complete information to the developers to understand the bug, get an idea of its severity, and about its reproducibility.
- Performed compatibility testing on various browsers and operating systems to ensure excellent user acceptance.
- Developed a plan to create automation test scripts, to be implemented in multiple stages of test cycles.
- Modified and Executed automated and manual test scripts for different modules using QTP.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were created by the application.
- Monitored the defect tracking process using Quality Center, trouble shooting, generating customized graphs, and reports for the client.
Environment: , Quality Center, MS Office, SharePoint, JIRA
Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Involved in understanding of functionality and design of different applications based on the Requirement Specification Document.
- Captured Test Cases and Test Results in Quality Center and documented and prepared the release notes as part of the project deliverables.
- Investigated Software bugs and Interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues and reporting the bugs to all concerned.
- Investigated requirements and interfaced with developers to resolve issues and reporting the issues to all concerned. Outstanding issues were documented and managed through Quality Center.
- Reviewed requirements and design documents, ensured that requirements are clear and testable.
- Reviewed software Test plan for defining test scenarios and writing manual and automated test scripts.
- Maintained Requirement Traceably Matrix (RTM) after developing and updating Test Cases
- Created, Maintained, and Executed Manual Test Scripts in Quality Center.
- Analyzed and identified defects, and logged defects with detailed specification into Quality Center as they relate to Test Cases.
- Analyzed test results to ensure existing functionality and recommended corrective action.
- Worked with Users and Business Analysts to define and design test scenarios and test data.
- Used the data driven testing and database accessing techniques to support the scripts.
- Actively participated in Review meetings and walkthroughs and prepared the defect progress reports during defect meetings.