Seasoned Quality Assurance/Testing Analyst with over 12 years of experience providing support for web - based management applications. As a proven team leader, I focus on effective communications across a wide range of personnel to ensure timely completion of tasks and assist with the implementation of industry best practices to improve the efficiency of quality management procedures. My style of testing functionality allows me to confirm documented requirements are fulfilled and ensure that the end user experience is effortless. As a result, I have successfully supported the implementation of over 15 management systems across the Federal and private/nonprofit sectors, including DOT, FEMA and DOJ.
CORE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experienced Team Manager
- User / Client Support
- Quality Assurance / Testing Specialist
- Business / Requirements Analyst
- Design and Facilitation
- Agile Software Development Methodology
Software Developer Specialist - Test Lead
- Worked closely with client with to ensure that testing activities would assist with the development of a solution that would meet their actual needs, investing extra time to assure the client their mission/goals were fully understood and would be successfully incorporated in to the final solution.
- Identified functions that were most important to the client to ensure they were covered in test scripts through ‘happy path’ flows, and as many alternative and negative flows as possible. Developed test scripts designed to validate that the requirements for the new system are fulfilled and ensure the optimal user experience/usability of the system.
- Uncovered and triaged over 160 defects uncovered during all testing efforts, both during formal and informal system testing, and through additional informal testing by the client. Worked with the client to reproduce errors when necessary and entered defects in to Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) where appropriate.
- Held 10-12 demonstration and design sessions with client to flesh out new requirements and determine how they would like to see each need implemented in the system or introduce them to new functionality in the testing environment.
- Authored and maintained multiple deliverables submitted to the client, including: System and User Acceptance test plans and test scripts, updated requirements traceability matrix and the functional design document.
Software Developer Specialist - 508 Compliance Analyst
- Responsible for ensuring all 508 scan groups in Compliance Sheriff were executed successfully based on the appropriate schedule. Scans were scheduled to run overnight or over weekends to ensure limited disruption to client websites. Approximately 125K scans for FAA webpages were executed weekly, and approximately 24K scans were executed on all other DOT modes’ websites once a month
- Executed ad hoc scans and provide reports summarizing high-level statistics and the most common checkpoint failures. This required reviewing the results for each scan and eliminating false positive results for details such as images missing descriptive text, color contrast issues, incorrect use of header titles, etc.
- Held multiple demonstration sessions designed to provide additional resources with a high-level understanding of the Compliance Sheriff tool, and how the functionality is implemented to fulfill the needs of DOT.
- Researched upgrading the client’s version of Compliance Sheriff to the most current version, and recommended DOT upgrade as quickly as possible to benefit from important checkpoint updates, as well as several user interface improvements.
Associate - Test Lead
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of functional testing efforts for Grants Management Solution Suite (GMSS), a grants management system configured on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform.
- Develop and maintain testing documentation, including release test plans and manual test scripts designed to ensure fulfillment of client's functional requirements. Provide demonstration sessions for OCIO and Confidential ’s Regional Operations and Program Delivery (ROPD) management staff to demonstrate new functionality built in to the GMSS.
- Work closely with helpdesk staff to help facilitate user acceptance testing. Demonstrate production defects with ROPD management team and review resolution with staff for approval before scheduling deployment to Production environment.
- Assist lead with review of documentation to ensure accuracy and efficacy of materials.
- Collaborated with PMO staff to develop artifact templates for requirements traceability matrix, test plan and test scripts.
- Worked with client to implement quality assurance and testing best practices designed to improve the effectiveness of testing cycles.
- Participate in requirements meetings and workshops designed to elicit requirements for a broad range of stakeholders, accounting for the needs for each of the 50 states and 7 territories covered under Confidential grants.
Senior Quality Assurance/Testing Consultant
- Facilitated kickoff and discovery meetings to outline processes and define requirements for Fluxx, a software-as-a-service product designed to simplify an organization’s grant cycle and administration, implementations.
- Drafted design documentation to assist configuration personnel with client build, including the development of master field, workflow and data migration mapping documents. Aided with the configuration of customized workflow, forms and emails to specifications outlined by client.
- Influenced product owners on development of quality assurance and testing strategies. Collaborated with client to introduce best practices and overhaul existing procedures to improve the efficiency of the testing team.
- Guided all aspects of functional quality and user acceptance testing for implementations of Fluxx systems, including the development, execution and review of test plans, scripts, traceability matrices and gap analyses.
- Conducted demonstrations and sessions for client to introduce employees to Fluxx capabilities. Coauthored user guide and other materials based on client feedback and updated functionality.
SharePoint Quality Assurance Analyst
- Sole quality assurance resource responsible for ensuring out-of-the-box and custom code SharePoint solutions developed met customer needs.
- Consulted with development team and client to clarify requirements and develop manual test scripts designed to confirm functionality.
- Addressed potential concerns with the change management, security and operations teams each sprint to determine what actions are needed to ensure successful deployment.
- Researched SharePoint 2013 compatibility with Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome and advised client of potential pitfalls.
- Held demonstrations/ sessions for client and contracted staff to introduce new functionality.
- Provided specialized operational support and analysis to the Policy, Requirements and Configuration team. Assisted system owner with consolidating business requirements gathered across a wide range of FEMA programs.
- Reviewed development team deliverables to ensure that the stakeholder needs were addressed, and grant policies adhered to properly. Composed high-level design documentation aimed at streamlining processes while ensuring client needs were met and existing policies and procedures upheld.
- Developed and maintained configuration workbooks and testing materials, including test plans, test cases, test scripts, and requirements traceability matrices and oversaw all aspects of functional quality testing and user acceptance testing.
Administrative Test Lead
- Supervised the efforts of 5 testers, ensuring tasks were completed effectively and within deadline. Responsible for new employees on existing independent verification and validation (IV&V) testing procedures and familiarizing them with grant policies and processes.
- Served as the primary point of contact for the system owner, development team, mid-tier and Federal staff regarding all IV&V testing issues.
- Collaborated with software developers and stakeholders to develop and clarify requirements for web-based grant management software. Directed all aspects of functional quality and user acceptance testing, including the development and execution of test plans, manual test scripts and traceability matrices.
- Performed one-on-one sessions and group demonstrations for essential Federal personnel designed to train staff on new functionality.
- Consulted with the team on the development of web-based and CD-ROM materials, ensuring that all grant processes are covered sufficiently.