- 9 years of Performance Testing and Software Quality Assurance (QA) experience working with Client/Server and Web applications, seeking for a Performance Test Engineer/QA position to utilize diversified skills in Performance Testing and Manual Testing.
- QA Project Manager for Automation and Performance Testing Solid understanding in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in Quality Assurance and software testing activities.
- Experience in analysis of Software Requirement Specifications, Use Cases and development of Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases.
- Possess excellent skills in Manual Testing along with skills in Automation Testing using HPQuality Center ALM, Load Runner and Performance Center 11.5 and 12.2.
- Good knowledge of how HP Robot upgrade tool works.
- Experience in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), and expertise in writing complex queries.
- Expertise in Black Box, Smoke, Functional, Positive, Negative, Integration, System, Regression, UAT, and Performance Testing.
- Experience in writing test plans, defining test cases, developing and maintaining test scripts and Documenting all phases of QA process.
- Expertise to identify, assesses, and report defects using various defects tracking system.
- Proficient in risk analysis, requirement documents, hardware/software specifications.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical, problem solving, decision - making skills.
- Profound knowledge of evaluating Peoplesoft Financials.
- Remarkable Peoplesoft Financials testing experience and query skills.
- Capability to adapt and learn new tools, techniques, and approaches
- Strong communicator and skillful in working closely with clients to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good team player.
- Quick learner, with an ability to easily grasp and put into application new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies. Dedicated, innovative and self-motivated team player/builder
Software Testing Tools: HP Load Runner 11.5 and 12.2, Quality Center, PC, Rational Test Suite, ALM QC Web HTTP /HTML TruClient protocols
Operating Systems: MS: DOS, UNIX, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, SAP
CM: Star Team, VSS, Quality Center ALM, SAP
App & Web Server Packages: Apache Tomcat 5.5, JBoss, IBM Websphere, IIS
Virtualization: VM Ware
Confidential, Laurel, MD
Sr. Performance Tester
- Handle the tasks of creating and executing test plans to improve application performance of Peoplesoft
- Perform responsibilities of defining performance requirements and plan test scenarios as required
- Ensured that all SLA’s were met during Load and Stress testing
- Responsible for providing necessary recommendations on SQL queries tuning to support performance testing
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and executing tests to ensure the capability of the systems being built.
- Worked extensively using Loadrunner and PC (Performance Center) 12.2.
- Develop and enhance scripts using Load Runner VuGen and design scenarios using Performance Center to generate realistic load on application under test.
- Work with solution architects and DBAs to identify and resolve bottlenecks.
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
Sr. Performance Tester
- Created defect tickets and assigned them to appropriate developers to resolve
- Developed automated test scripts using VuGen to define scenarios and procedures to test the performance of the application using JMeter.
- Validated and run test onJMeter
- Conducts performance testing of the application by running various JMeter scripts in order to determine the maximum number of users that can log into the application at a given time by using JMeter.
- Utilize JMeterto conduct stress testing of the application in order to determine the yield point of the application by subjecting it to heavy loads.
- Analyze JMeter test result involved in preparing test plan and test cases based on the analysis of the business requirements.
- Customize Parameterization in DATA file usingJMeter CSV Data Set config element to test the application with different sets of data.
- Insert synchronizing timer to create intense load on the server and thereby to measure server performance.
- Use various techniques like Ramp up, Ramp down, Transaction Point in JMeter.
- Performs Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, SystemIntegration testing, Regression testing, Database Testing, and Black Box testing at various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Analyze requirements, Use Cases, functional design and detail design documents.
- Responsible for developing Test plan based on Functional Specification and Technical Specification of the application.
- Develops and execute test cases and verify actual results with expected results
- Work as a team member in requirements mapping and preparing a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Involved in developing the test cases, test data and test scripts.
- Planned, designed, developed and executed Test Cases with Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and manage the defects and executing the test cases.
- Worked closely with developers, Business Analyst, Architects and Project Manager to understand Portal Project.
- Performs reviews of Audit checklists prepared by SQA to fit in the testing environment.
- Prepared standard checklists and templates required for CMMI compliance QA processes for project.
- Involved in the team meetings with representatives from Development, Database Management, Configuration Management, and Requirements Management to identify and correct defects.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Performance Test Engineer
- Generated and created JMeter scripts and created scenarios in JMeter.
- Ran the scenarios & analyzed the results by monitoring the scenarios using JMeter.
- Analyzed the load test results including transactions by drilling down, merged graphs (overlay graphs, correlate graphs), cross result graphs and auto correlating measurements and thus focusing on behavior patterns and identifying problematic elements using the JMeter Listeners
- Responsible for Planning and Analysis of the project and involved in creating Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test cases
- Analyzed and maintained requirements and created Traceability Matrix (RTM) between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Created and managed test cases and detailed test procedures for administered software tests.
- Determined acceptance criteria and recorded software test results.
- Analyzed test results and recorded and reported defects.
- Executed functional, regression, and end-to-end testing as required on GUI and Mainframe applications.
- Installed new builds to QA test servers, configured test machines in order for the installation process of builds to execute correctly.
- Wrote and executed new test procedures; updated test procedures as functionality changed during testing cycle.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, Regression, System, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) during the various phases of the application testing.
- Documented and tracked software defects.
- Developed complex SQL queries to test the database values for data integrity.
- Tested the application for browser compatibility using internet explorer, Netscape Navigator, and Fire fox.
- Interacted with developers and Business Analysts to resolve defect issues.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Independently develop LoadRunner test scripts according to test specifications/requirements.
- Developed baseline scenarios, scripts and measurements.
- Used Load Runner to execute multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages and of the features of the Load Runner Controller
- Involved in analyzing the Business Requirements Documents and Functional Design Documents.
- Developed Test Plan, Test cases and Test Scripts.
- Involved in writing and implementation of Test cases for various modules using Rational suite
- Involved in Functional, Regression, Integration, System Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Manual testing for checking the flow of the application Functionality, Positive and Negative testing
- Developed complex SQL queries to perform back-end testing in MS SQL Server RDBMS
- Interacted with developers and other QA Engineers to address quality problems.
- Tracked and Reported software defects and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Experience with Defect Reporting, Tracking and Resolution capabilities.
- Reviewed and analyzed user requirements, participated in Verification, Validation and acceptance testing for developed software.
- Performed Defect Reporting and Tracking using Test Director