- Over the years, I have combined my in academic research with my love of multimedia and technology to develop a career in software testing, technical writing, and configuration management.
- In the past I have worked in both .net C# Windows and LAMP - stack environments, using C++, P-languages, SQL, HTML, Selenium Webdriver, etc, under both Agile and Waterfall management styles.
- My general skills are writing, musical composition/performance, audio engineering, graphic design, web development, and compiled software.
- An independent musician and journalist by night, many of my day jobs have involved proprietary/company-specific procedures, and I have typically received high marks when faced with steep learning curves.
- While I am highly analytical in nature, I also possess many intuitive, creative talents, and people skills.
- I value a positive atmosphere that challenges my current skill set, while providing opportunities to further expand my knowledge.
Hardware: RAID, routers, designing and building computers from components, BIOS configuration, flashing firmware, advanced disc burning, installing PCI cards, printer configuration and troubleshooting, OS install and backup configuration, overclocking.
Software: Linux (Mint, Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL), Apache httpd, Jmeter, MySQL, Perl, Python, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant, AWS, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket, Confluence), Xcode, Git, Selenium Webdriver, Subversion, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs/Drive, SAS, Symantec Ghost, Bugzilla, Microsoft SQL Server, WordPress, MadCap, MindTouch, RoboHelp, 3D Studio Max, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator,Dreamweaver, AfterEffects, Premiere, etc.), Logic, Reason.
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Private Atlassian back-end admin (Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket).
- Personally performed migration from cloud to AWS-hosted.
- Built Selenium Grid with Windows nodes in the AWS cloud, and wrote WebDriver scripts in Python
- Established Jenkins server with custom continuous integration plans built in conjunction with several development teams
- Helped engineer custom Vagrant and Ansible scripts to spin up and provision AWS boxes on the fly Spearheaded security testing with OWASP Zed Attack Proxy Load testing with Locust
Software Quality Assurance Developer
- Tested internally-developed websites and customer support tools for a large hosting company.
- Types of applications tested include chat client/API, billing system, ticket system, and many customer-facing web apps in a LAMP stack environment.
- Webdriver, Mechanize, and Test
- More for scripting tests. Advanced REST client for testing RESTful web services.
- Source code management in Git/Stash, Agile task board in Jira, continuous integration with Jenkins and Bamboo.
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Website QA for online art portfolio e-commerce site.
- Designed and ran automated tests in Selenium.
- Performed Scrum master duties.
- Introduced data-driven testing.
- Maintained testing infrastructure for browser cross-compatibility testing using Selenium Grid and VMWare.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- New Feature testing for iPhone game development platform/engine.
- Debugging/troubleshooting customer game project logic.
- Created test apps with proprietary game development software.
- Documented testing efforts with checklists.
- Documented bugs in Jira. Ran build acceptance tests for new releases.
Quality Assurance Tester
- Software Quality Assurance for a defense contractor that makes holographic maps for both federal and commercial applications.
- Worked with high-intensity lasers and software to create holograms.
- Managed build server and release cycle, tested software in the Visual Studio environment and assured all new patches and updates were functional.
- Created test plans and documentation, managed codebase and compiled new versions for testing.
- Assisted software development team in isolating and identifying software bugs and defects. Took data from log files to create performance metrics.
- Worked with the in-house developed front end 3D graphics program, rendering engine, print queue, and laser control software.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, San Marcos
- Lead testing efforts and managed teams of two or more people.
- Determined appropriate level of effort for new projects.
- Wrote and implemented manual test plans and automated scripts to verify the proper functionality of digital imaging and photo processing software for both behind- the-counter and customer-facing retail photo print kiosks.
- Discovered and documented bugs, and suggested solutions to Development and Product Management.
- Wrote letters and configuration guides, proofread design specs.
- Built and maintained test systems in Windows/.Net environment.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Trained new employees.