- 4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software testing in primarily Manual and Automated testing environment.
- Expert in Software Quality Assurance in Manual and Mobile testing with a thorough knowledge of Functional GUI, Integration, System, Regression, E2E, Database testing and UAT testing.
- Hands - on experience in design, development and execution of QA Test plans, Test cases and Test strategies for both Mobile and Manual Testing.
- Expertise in Development of test cases, Scenarios and strategies for mobile testing.
- Proficient in analyzing the SRS (Software Requirement Specifications). Functional Design Documents and AUC (Application Use Cases) to formulate Test Plans, Test strategies and Test Cases for Manual as well as Mobile Testing.
- Experience in developing Test cases by understanding and working with use Cases.
- Experience with SDLC, Waterfall Model and Agile/Scrum processes.
- Expert in Mobile testing for Android and IOS applications.
- Good experience in testing the native, hybrid, mobile web applications.
- 2+ years of experience in testing the mobile apps with android and IOS platform
- Installing and configuring the Android/IOS Emulator.
- Experience in dealing with Off-shore India QA Team.
- Experienced in working with Business Analyst, development groups in analyzing business specifications and in working with other testers to resolve technical and end-user issues.
- Possess excellent communication skills in understanding and interpreting Business Requirement Specifications and Technical Requirement Specifications.
- Experience in coping with changing environments and changing requirements. Great analytic and methodical skills in solving challenging issues during project life cycle and maintaining a track record in delivering results before deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with incredible team building, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Mentored and build skills in more junior members/ new hires of the QA Team.
- Well experienced in executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, System Testing, Functionality Testing, Performance Testing, Black Box Testing, GUI Testing, Sanity Testing, and Usability Testing for Web Client and Server application testing.
- Experience in maintaining Test Matrix, Traceability Matrix & performing GAP analysis to verify that test cases meets the end client requirements.
- Executed complex SQL queries to validate, join and update data.
- Quality Center
- Team Track
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Mobile Emulators, Mobile Debugging:
- Android, IOS & Windows phoneSaucelabsBrowserstackIOS Stimulator
- Android Studio
- Mozilla Firefox
QA Analyst/Mobile Tester
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Participated in the requirements analysis and design meetings with DEVS, Business teams for review and Facilitate in requirement freezing.
- Involved in planning all the testing activities (Test planning, Test Estimation and scheduling of QA activities, Test strategy, Test Design, Requirements Traceability matrix, Review, Execution and Reports)
- Planning and execution of Installation Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Usability Testing, Compatibility Testing, Performance Testing and Security Testing,
- Performed UAT, Pre-Production and Production testing on real devices.
- Performed IOS and Android Backward compatibility testing.
- Provided regular feedback/status on development and projects to Project Manager.
- Involved in interviewing the new candidates for the project, providing and Mentoring support on all QA activities.
- Publishing the application in production for all platforms (Android, Blackberry, IOS) using perfecto tool.
- Performed testing on Blackberry, IOS and Android. •
- Identified different types of virtual devices (Emulator & Simulator) and real devices for test case validation.
- Prepared presentations for client proposals & Month End Reporting.
- Cross Team Coordination planning and running Defect management Calls.
- Metrics collection and Closure Activities.
- Involvement in Shared Services Initiatives and Delivering Testing Proposals.
- Test Plan & Test Strategy Preparation.
- Scenario Identification, Test Case Writing & Test Execution.
- Test Data setup/preparation.
- Prepared estimates.
- Browser Testing on Internet Explorer, MAC Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
- Providing resolution to queries within team and issue escalations to management
- Ensure progress tracking and schedule adherence through thorough monitoring and arranging recurring meeting within team, onsite leads and customers.
- Test Status Reporting on a Daily, Weekly and Monthly Basis. Also, Attending PMO calls for reporting status/issues.
- Participated in Weekly Calls with Senior Management to provide status updates and do follow up on pending action items.
- Mobile Testing - Perform UAT on different Mobile devices (smartphones & tablets) with iOS and Android platforms with different OS versions.
- Creating documents as well as new associates.
- Quarterly reviews and Annual Appraisals for the team.
- Managed individual test cycles, reported bugs and worked with (LOB) Line of business and developers to resolve problems.
- Experienced in using Quality Center as a defect tracking tool and Involved in bug review meetings.
Environment: Java, XML, Rational Clear quest, Quality center, Perfecto, Android SDK (emulator), Mobile platforms: Android, blackberry OS and iOS.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Participated in Story sizing sessions to understand change in Business functionality and its impact for effort estimation.
- Involved in Test Requirement gathering and Analysis using Technical/Functional Specification Documents.
- Coordinating system test activities and necessities with business, development & pre-production groups.
- Generate and report various metrics of project to Senior/Program Management team.
- Responsible for Issue reporting and resolution.
- Capacity Planning and Scheduling.
- Preparation of Test Strategy, Test plan, Sign-off and other QA related documents.
- Responsible for preparation of Functional conditions and reviews of all the QA related documentation prepared by team.
- Performed QTP Data Driven Testing by parameterize data to verify application stability by using unique multiple transactions.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and assisted in planning the Test Plan.
- Involved in creating and grouping Test Cases for running them in unattended mode.
- Identified all the Properties of GUI Objects to ensure that the script using GUI Spy in WinRunner recognizes each object.
- Performed Regression testing of the application when new objects are added to the application.
- Performing pop-up exception handling when GUI mismatches are detected.
- Performed Data Driven Test using test data from flat files, Excel and analyzed the status.
- Analyzed the performance of the application using Load Runner by monitoring transactions per second, end user response time, throughput, CPU Utilization, Rendezvous graphs, Error graphs, pages downloaded per second graph, web page breakdown graphs.
- Tested the local database Oracle using complex SQL queries to ensure that the data is written correctly and all the constraints has been met.
- Identified the tests to be automated and assisted offshore team to convert to test scripts using HP Quick Test Pro for functional and regression testing.
- Responsible for Defect Tracking/monitoring, Defect Reporting and Defect Consolidation using Rational Clear Quest.