- Certified Tester with over 12 years of experience in manual and automated testing.
- Expertise in developing Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Test reports for manual as well as automated testing for various applications. Proficient with GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance, Sanity, Performance, Stress, Reliability, compatibility, Cross Browser, Security and Database Testing. Hands - on with Selenium, Junit, Soap UI, JIRA, ALM, TestNG, SAP & .NET Testing.
- Expertise in developing Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Test reports for Manual as well as Automated testing for various applications to ensure proper business compliance.
- Experienced in both manual and automated software Quality Assurance Testing of Client-Server, Web-based and Data warehouse applications with in-depth understanding.
- Hands-on in GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Sanity, Performance, Stress, Reliability, compatibility, Cross Browser, Security and Database Testing.
- Experienced with tools such as Selenium WebDriver / IDE / Grid, JUnit / TestNG, JIRA and SOAP UI.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Strong Knowledge on Business intelligence, OLAP, Dimensional modeling, Star and Snowflake schema, extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) process.
Sr. Test Specialist
- Responsible for requirement analysis, deriving test criteria and to provide the test estimates for each component testing.
- Responsible for preparation of test cycle/progress report, analysis of defect metrics and implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Update manager with status of testing/issues on a regular basis (both informal communication and written reports) liaising with clients and providing testing advice and support.
- Participate in team meetings on a regular basis and involved in active discussion in order to improve the testing by better strategies and testing approach.
- Perform multitasking by coordinating with different teams assigning work to team members and testing at the same time.
- Review the business requirement documents with the business and development team to understand the architecture and functionality.
- On call and available at odd hours, whenever required and aided the test team to meet crucial deadline.
Environment: Java, .Net, Python, HP Load Runner, HP UFT, HP ALM, Oracle, Versant, MS SQL Server, XML, JIRA, Confluence, NMon, Wireshark, mRemoteNG, MobaXterm, Kibana, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Windows, Linux, Simulators, TMDS, LocoSim, FieldSim , Wabtec CAD (Computer Aided Dispatcher), GE PDS (Precision Dispatching System)
Sr. QA Analyst
- Executed test cases and verified output to ensure that all enhancements met the expected results as well as participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Analyzed the Business requirement documents, put input in Test Plan and prepared detailed test cases for new functionality.
- Responsible for testing SOAP web services by understanding WSDL, deriving the parameters from property files and scripting using Groovy script.
- Performed GUI testing and also the data validation, compile and generate the reports to provide an analysis on the defect metrics.
- Performed middle-ware Web services testing by using SOAP UI functional testing tool that includes Unit testing of calls, examining SOAP code, or measuring response times for requests.
- Responsible to verify Web Services API request, response data validations in REST, SOAP protocols.
- Created comprehensive test summary reports for each test after analyzing the results.
- Responsible in verifying and validating WSDL and SOAP based web service request and response for the test cases.
- Requested WSDL’s from developers to understand the required and optional elements within a schema and develop the test scope and test data accordingly.
- Provided vision and direction to both on-site and offshore teams which will include functional and business testers working alongside with the development and business teams.
- Managed and performed testing, recording results and where appropriate performing initial root cause investigation.
- Participated in different meetings, walkthroughs with developers and business analysts to review business, functional and system requirement documents.
- Involved in validating functional, integration and regression test suites and the request & response of the Web services through SOAP UI.
- Defect tracking and management, working with development teams to identify root cause and resolve issues, working with clients during UAT defect resolution.
- Worked effectively with the team, supported other team members in achieving project/business objectives and providing client services.
- Ensured timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendation for prompt resolution.
Environment: Java, SOAP UI, JIRA, XML, Salesforce CRM, Agile, ServiceNow, Selenium, Eclipse, Confluence, Kanoah, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SQL Server, MS Windows, Point-of-Sale (DealerTrack, CarMax, RouteOne)
Sr. QA Analyst
- Prepared the test strategy, planned and scheduled for each release and led the team through multiple test phases that included functional, integration, regression and compatibility.
- Created various testing documentation (i.e., Test cases/Scripts which essentially Ad-hoc Reporting functions/queries).
- Designed test cases, developed Ad-hoc functions, including data structures, universes and reports.
- Participated in the Requirements Analysis, deriving Test Criteria and to provide the Test Estimates for each project.
- Analyzed FRD’s to develop test plans, test scenarios and test cases to accomplish effective testing.
- Involved in analyzing SRS for different dimensions and facts.
- Involved in validating mappings and workflows.
- Involved in reviewing test cases for various SRS (includes dimensions and facts).
- Developed complex SAP Web Intelligence Ad-hoc report functions.
- Responsible for defect tracking and reporting the defects and worked closely with the development team to ensure high quality Reviewed documentation to understand testing requirement, test environment and objectives.
- Responsible for organizing and conducting daily touch-point meetings during test cycle and Scheduled defect triage meetings to analyze and to derive actions to be taken on defects.
- Updated manager with status of testing/issues on a regular basis (both informal communication and written reports) liaising with clients and providing testing advice and support for conducting post-deployment project review.
- Involved in effort estimation and resource allocation for the team between different projects.
- Created standards and templates for test estimates, test plans, test schedules and test summaries ensuring consistency and enabling reuse across software releases.
- Worked with project teams and clients to agree a consistent approach to testing and to identify the risks and dependencies.
- Reviewed documentation to understand testing requirement, test environment and objectives.
Environment: SAP BI, WEBI, HP ALM, JIRA, MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Windows and Browsers (Internet Explorer and Google Chrome)
Sr. QA Analyst
- Prepared test cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into ALM.
- Supervised and created comprehensive test plan and test strategy documents for System and Regression testing, creation and maintenance of test cases and test data.
- Reviewed Test scenarios, test cases, traceability matrix and execute test cases and document the process to perform functional testing of the application.
- Reviewed documentation to understand testing requirement, test environment and objectives.
- Interacted with different business and technical SMEs to discuss the requirements for the new (CPU) and legacy (CIPG) systems, escalating the issues and follow-up the resolution.
- Attended Program meetings to update the project status to Sr. Project Manager & Program Manager and to discuss the testing activities planned.
- Worked with Dev team, Infrastructure team, DB team to troubleshoot the issues observed during the execution of different tests.
- Communicated clear instructions to for the on-site and off-shore team members and provide any guidance and support that team need to reach its goal.
Environment: Java, Oracle, Selenium, SOAP UI, SQL Developer, QTP, Load Runner, Linux, Putty, CA Introscope, HP ALM, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium WebDriver.
- Wrote test requirements, test cases, create test sets and conduct peer reviews to ensure they are complete and accurate as desired. Ensure that test execution is done accurately and within time-lines.
- Executed all the Test cases during Functional, Integration and End to end testing of the project and updated all the test case with Actual results and with screen shots.
- Performed Backend database testing by executing SQL Queries (TOAD). Used SQL queries extensively to collect test data from Oracle database.
- Defects were Tracked, Reviewed, Analyzed and Compared using Mercury Quality Center. Coordinated the defect resolution process and generated management reports.
- Reviewed/Analyzed functional requirement specifications, system requirements and solution design document and developed test requirements.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object’s Id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Performed middleware Web services testing by using SOAP UI functional testing tool includes Unit testing of calls, examining SOAP code, or measuring response times for requests.
Environment: Java, Oracle, Selenium, SOAPUI, JSON, JIRA, Manual Testing and Browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome & Safari)
- Developed, created, and executed test plans and test cases using HP Quality Center. Testing the application under various Internet browsers like Internet Explorer (ver. 6, 7, 8), Mozilla Firefox, Safari.
- Prepared test cases based on software requirement specifications, business rules interacting with business units designed in Star schema, logical and physical database design for Domains.
- Tested the application developed using ETL process for supporting Data Extraction, transformations and loading using Informatica Power Center.
- Generated reports generated through GUI developed in Business Objects, COGNOS BI, Data Mart and Data Warehouse tables and do the validation.
- Tested the integration of various data sources with multiple relational databases like Oracle, Data Mart and Data warehouse and testing the integration of data from flat files like fixed width and delimited.
- Tested the mappings, identified bugs in existing mappings by analyzing the data flow and evaluated ETL transformations.
Environment: Windows XP, Java, SQL, XML, UNIX, Oracle, IBM DB2, Mainframes, SAP Business Objects, COGNOS BI Informatica, DB Artisan 8.x, DB Visualizer 4.3.11, HP Quality Center, MS Project, Browsers IE, Firefox, Safari
SAP BI / BW Consultant / Report Test Analyst
Environment: SAP 7.0 / BW 3.5, SAP R/3, Business Explorer (BEx), Crystal Reports, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Service Now, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Extensively worked in BI Info Cubes, DSO Objects, Info objects, Transformations, Extractors, Info objects Catalogs, Data sources, Data Extraction, Business Content.
- Involved in Initializing the LO Data sources by Activating the Business Content Data Sources, Maintaining the Extract Structure, Generating the Data Source, Activating the Data Source.
- Created DSO objects which act as data staging. Configured Data sources in R/3 by using LO Cockpit (LBWE) initialized the setup tables. Scheduled and Implemented delta mechanism for Periodic loads.
- Data loading was monitored and failed data packets were analyzed and if possible manually edited in PSA and reloaded to the targets.
- Involved in upgrading the environment from BW 3.5 to SAP Netweaver2004s.
- Worked on Reconciliation to verify the data in SAP R/3 and SAP BW/BI side.
- Involved in Process Chain Maintenance for master data and transaction data loads.
- Worked on Open Hub Services to transfer the data from SAP BI system to External system.
- Involved in testing the reports and performing necessary changes as per the new business logic.
- Involved in Performance Issues like Partitioning and Compression of Info Cube and aggregates to improve the query response.
- Loaded the Data from R/3 to BI and used initialization with delta update and full update methods.
- Roll up data from info cubes to aggregates, edit and maintain aggregates.
- Involved in Performance Issues like Compression of Info Cube and aggregates to improve the query response.
- Involved in Creation of Reports on Info Cubes, DSO and Multi Providers. Worked on Conditions, Exceptions, Filtering, Calculated Key figures, Free Characteristics and Restricted Key Figures using BEx Analyzer.
- Worked in building queries by using calculated key figures, restricted key figures, structures, variables, exceptions and conditions. Created queries by defining rows, columns and free characteristics providing drill down functionality in reporting using BEx.
SAP BW Consultant / Report Test Analyst
Environment: SAP BW 3.5, SAP R/3, Business Explorer (BEx), HP Quality Center, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Installed and extended standard Business Content based on client requirements for enhancing Data Sources for transaction data and master data.
- Involved in enhancing the Data Sources, created Info Objects, Data targets, Info Packages, and Info Providers to load Master and Transactional data from SAP R/3 system into SAP BW system.
- Uploaded Master data and Transactional data from Flat File and SAP R/3 to SAP BW system.
- Loaded the Data from ECC to BW and used initialization with delta update and full update methods.
- Loaded data from R/3 to BW using Generic data sources and performed Generic Delta extraction.
- Involved in change requests by changing the existing data models like process chains and reports.
- Involved in error handling by using Error Stack DTP.
- Involved for testing objects according to client document data.
- Developed and executed Unit and Integration test plans.
- Generated and maintained aggregates and rollup activities on InfoCubes as part of the InfoCube management.
- Created variables restricted, calculated key figures for the queries, created conditions and exceptions, structures and variables that are used in BEx reporting.