- 7 years of experience in the Software Quality Assurance in Manual and Automation Testing of Web applications with extensive testing and automation experience in different domains such as e - commerce, banking, healthcare, financials, government and more.
- Performed BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Expertise in various aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle including Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Execution, and Maintenance.
- Hands on experience with Cucumber, TestNG, POM framework and extracted data from external files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Plan, write, and execute automated tests using automation scripts with Java and Selenium.
- Practical knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming Concepts (OOPs) and Core Java.
- Experience in automating test cases using TestNG, Cucumber, GIT version control & Maven.
- Actively involved in QA planning, testing and familiarity with Agile/Scrum/Sprint environment.
- Created and tested queries in the database to conduct data integrity testing and end to end testing.
- Proficient in the creation and execution of test plans, defect tracking, and requirement coverage.
- Expertise in various types of testing like Smoke testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, System testing, Black-box testing, GUI testing and UAT testing.
- Interacted with Project Managers, Business Analysts, and developers in reviews and solving problems encountered in the application.
- Writing optimized XPath and CSS to locate various web elements - static and dynamic objects.
- Managed and used defect management tool - JIRA for bug tracking and closures.
- Experienced with Jenkins as Continuous Integration server, Schedule jobs to run at regular intervals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high pressure.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/WebDriver, SOAP UI tool
Languages: JAVA, XML, SQL
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Developer
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, Cucumber
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Fire path, Firebug
Build Tool: Maven
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, HP ALM
Data Bases: MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8)
Sr. Automation Engineer
Confidential, Bristow, VA
- Analysed System specification documents (SSD), Business requirement documents (BRD) to identify test requirements. Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Jira Tool.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to make sure that test plans were written for all the requirements and performed gap analysis.
- Hands-on Experience on Selenium WebDriver and creating Scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in-depth knowledge of contemporary QA/test principles, methodologies.
- Generated Selenium test reports using Extent Reports and Logs for quality assurance.
- Developed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver and used Java frameworks to develop the manual test scripts and executed them using Cucumber framework.
- Logging defects, tracking and working with developers to drive them to closure using JIRA.
- Used Maven to help manage project's build, report and documentation across the network.
- Participated actively in continuous integration of the automation framework using Jenkins.
- Monitoring and analysing the testing process, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Developed and maintained reusable test scripts to ensure complete requirement test coverage.
- Performed backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Performed Smoke, System testing, system Integration Testing, User acceptance, Database & Regression testing.
- Support/Co-ordinate test automation through planning, analysing, designing and executing test cases utilizing a variety frameworks/tools (TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Maven)
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Experience in working with Oracle Database, SQL as well as PG Admin PostgreSQL. Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Involved in Test documentation, such as Test Cases, Bug Reports, Use Cases etc using Jira.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI, REST, Postman, MS Office, Windows 8 and 10, SQL, Maven, Jira, Cucumber, Gherkins, Eclipse IDE, PG Admin, PostgreSQL.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked in a dynamic agile scrum environment and worked side by side with developers’ team.
- Developed, executed and maintained test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed behaviour driven framework for selenium automation using WebDriver, Java and Cucumber.
- Perform Functional testing, Smoke testing and Regression testing and actively participated in daily scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
- Reviewed and analysed business requirements and technical specifications to come up with Testing Scope and Level of Efforts (LOE).
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative testing and monitored the behaviour of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Participated in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Performed various testing activities - functional testing and cross-browser compatibility testing.
- Updated test plan and documented defects in defect tracking JIRA.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool to schedule and run the automated test scripts.
- Designed and develop automated test scripts to increase testing efficiency and reliability.
- Performed Data Driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML files and other external sources.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts in Java using Cucumber Framework.
- Worked closely with business team, designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational workflow.
- Performed Backend Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Gherkins, POM, Maven, Jenkins, Web Services, REST, Oracle Database, Eclipse IDE, HTML, XML, Windows, Virtual Machine, Xpath, Firebug, Fire path.
QA Manual Tester
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Interact with the Business Analysts for requirement analysis, test case reviews.
- Created and executed manual test cases and logged defects.
- Performed manual testing of database, user interface (UI), and mobile applications.
- Defect verification, bug reproduction to ensure a good quality product and defect closures.
- Following up with the development team for open defects and reporting status to Test Lead.
- Regression testing to ensure the defect has been addressed in the application to close the defects.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Participated in Agile Scrum methodology and attend Daily Scrum, Sprint Grooming, and Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings.
- Generating test reports and graphs through the completion of testing and verification.
- Conduct QA reviews and inspections to find potential defects and recommend corrective action.
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Wrote Structure Query Language (SQL) queries to check proper data population in application table and for data verification to perform Backend Testing against Oracle Database.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyse test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of analysis.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
- Analysed the Business Requirements and worked closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications.
- Reporting and sharing data disposition to team leads and communicating with different departments.
- Provided weekly status updates showing the progress of the Manual testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Prepared meeting notes on daily execution/highlight of the project and send out the reports to managements.
Environment:: Manual Testing, Agile Methodology, Oracle, JIRA, SQL server, Windows XP, 7 and 8, HP Quality Centre, ALM