- Over 8 years of professional IT experiences as a Senior Test Analyst and hands on experience in writing the ETL Test Plans, Test Cases documentation and testing the applications like Master data Management, different types of data warehouse projects including BIGDATA - Hadoop distributed file system data validation.
- As a Senior Test analyst, gained a great experience in analyzing the business requirements and collaborated with different streams (ETL Dev, Finance BA’s and Data architects) and testing the applications and maintain quality delivery.
- Worked on both Agile & Waterfall methodologies and have good experience on preparing the test scenarios, test cases and test scripts and test conditions and execute the test cases against the requirements. preparing estimations.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries as per mapping documents to design test cases.
- Proficient in Managing HP ALM from Requirements mapping until Defect tracking tab.
- Hands on experience in Database testing skills using SQL server, Oracle and Teradata, DB2.
- Have good exposure on Autosys scheduling tool.
- Having knowledge on Test automation by using Cucumber tool.
- Hands on experience on IBM Master Data Management project including validation of data in Data Stewardship User Interface (DSUI) tool.
- MDM testing - Data flow check, Core MDM Functionalities including Match & Merge verifications, Lookup verifications, Survivorship rules.
- Experienced in software Development life cycle, analysis, design, System Testing, SIT testing, and UAT support.
- Experience in loading and debugging the failures in Golden record process in MDM.
- Worked on complete ETL testing process like data completeness, transformation validations, data quality, data integration, data migration projects.
- Proficient to prepare testing efforts based on Requirements and prepare the estimations.
- Strong in debugging executing failures and data issues in both Data warehouse and MDM projects.
- Providing timely updates to management on testing, status and scheduling slippages.
Industries: Banking and Retail
Operating System: Windows, UNIX
Languages: SQL/PLSQL, Hive and IBM Big SQL
Database: TERADATA, SQL Server, ORACLE and HIVE, IBM Info Sphere Master Data Management Server.
Tools: /Utilities: Informatica, Ab initio, Teradata Utilities, HP Quality Center, Autosys
Technology: MDM testing, Big Data testing, Data Warehouse Testing, ETL testing, Report testing
ETL Lead and Senior Tester
- Communicate with confidence across business and technical teams in an authoritative/helpful manner, resulting in superior success in areas including design specs, documentation, execution, and reporting of test findings.
- Ensure that each testing phases successfully completes a full processing lifecycle to verify that each step, including but not limited to creation, archiving, and viewing perform as specified.
- Carefully review design documents, prepare test scenarios and share with project team, create SQL scripts as per mapping specifications, execute test cases and upload results into QC in a timely manner.
- Apply technology skills across a diverse set of databases, languages, tools/utilities, data warehousing programs, and operating systems, and maintain consistent knowledge of new changes in the technology landscape
- Support project team in coordinating and executing project tasks, gathering business requirements, producing project documentation and communicating with business partners.
- Expertly manage complex mission-critical strategic financial and technology initiatives for multi-million-dollar projects by balancing sound business judgment, a strong sense of urgency, and quality-driven focus.
- Utilize diverse skill set in ETL Tools, Ab Initio, databases, SQL, UNIX shell scripting, and operating systems environments to ensure complete, accurately, and on-time delivery of testing results.
- Allocate daily tasks to the team, provide and opportunities, produce and discuss individual performance feedback sessions, and deliver new and/or remedial .
- Serve as subject matter expert while doing testing estimates, knowledge sharing, and staffing forecasts, and prepare in depth daily/weekly status reports for use by senior-level management.
- Maintain an “always learning” mindset, and continuously seek new areas in which to add value, present recommendations, and improve the overall testing, documentation, and reporting functionalities.
- Ensure that a comprehensive handover occurs when project is migrated to a new team for additional testing/analysis, and for when new team members join the project.
- Maintain compliance policies and procedures, and data retention regulations, across every process ranging from legal, credit risk, data mapping, settlement, fraud, accounting, confidential client records and more.
- Participate in Business Specification Reviews to ensure that requirements are adequately understood and assess impacts on related business and technical areas prior to writing comprehensive test plans and cases.
- Apply creativity, initiative, and judgment in the development and execution of highly complex manual and automated tests to verify the delivered implementation meets the given requirements.
- Expertly create, execute, and track manual and automated plans, scenarios, cases and scripts to ensure optimal performance, quality standards, stress testing limits, early releases, and production-ready products.
- Provide quality assurance, analytical, and research support for assigned development initiatives, including new product and service enhancements, and software application installations or upgrades.
- Utilize Quality Centre and other technology tools to estimate, design, document, execute, and track test cases, backup and restore database, and create reports for management use.