- A motivated proactive professional with over 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing of Client/Server applications and Web - based applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with a strong understanding of analysis, development and testing of applications in the project.
- Strong expertise as SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) using Automation testing.
- Experience in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) and JUnit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, JMeter, Quality Center, JIRA and SOAPUI.
- Expertise in testing and debugging GUI and Multi-Applications environment.
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Performed API Testing using TestNG, Java, XML and JSON Parsers, Spring Rest Template.
- Experience in GUI and Functionality Testing, White Box testing, Black box Testing, System testing, including Integration, Performance, Stress, Load and Regression Testing of Web and Client/Server based applications.
- Extensive experience in preparing Test Strategy, Test plan, Test scenarios, Test cases, and Test Scripts based on User requirements and System Requirements Documents for Functional, Security, Performance, Configuration, Regression, Integration and Usability Testing.
- Experience in Data Driven, Page Object Model in Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and Firepath to identify web elements.
- Strong Cross Browser Testing Skills to ensure compatibility with various browsers (IE, Google chrome, Mozilla etc.)
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like Git, SVN and Bitbucket over the time for improvements and new features.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, and Rally.
- Experience in Back-end server side testing, data validation and database testing against Oracle, RDBMS, SQL server using PL/SQL queries.
- Extensively used bug reporting and defect tracking tools like Quality Center and JIRA
- Experience with data analysis, analyzing, documenting business requirements and data specifications.
- A good team player, detail oriented, self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skill.
- Good documentation and process management skills with ability to effectively understand the business requirement to develop a quality product.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Pro (QTP), JUnit, Cucumber, Gherkin, TestNG, SoapUI, Appium, Apache HTTP Client, REST Assured
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Make, Shell Script
CI Tools: Jenkins, Maven
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center QC, Bugzilla
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
IDE and GUI: Eclipse IDE, NetBeans IDE, Visual Basic, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari
Databases: Oracle, MS-Access, SQL Server, MongoDB
Version Control: SVN, ClearCase, GIT, Bitbucket, GitHub
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, HTTP, HTTPS
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/10, Linux SUSE, Unix, MAC, SUN Solaris
Sr. Selenium Test Engineer
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodology
- Involved in preparing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Evaluation Summary Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts for automated and manual System Requirement documents for the Functional, System, Performance, Integration, Regression, UAT, Security, Smoke/Sanity and Usability testing..
- Performed Blackbox testing for validating the functional requirements to meet the Definition of Done.
- Working on SDET(Software Development Engineer in Test) for development and testing of Web application and web services.
- Developed test code in Java using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Tested Rest API using Apache HTTP Client, REST assured, TestNG and Page Object Model Framework
- Involved in validating functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through Postman.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspective using Ruby Script.
- Involved in designing & developing data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Performed ad hoc testing on IE, Mozilla Firefox and Safari browsers.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for testing the application backend. Along with executing SQL queries to validate the Data in tables using TOAD Tool.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Co-originated with various team for managements defects calls and resolve the testing issues.
- Used GIT for fine code management.
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Responsible for resolving complex automation issues using suitable Java code, open source tools such as Selenium, Junit, JMeter being used for test automations.
- Used Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG for designing automation test cases with the help of Eclipse Neon.
- Exposure to working in multiple IDE like Eclipse Neon, Eclipse Oxygen and IntelliJ.
- Have been using Selenium Grid to execute several test cases on different browsers and platforms.
- Performed GUI validations on menu bars, toolbars, textboxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, drop down lists, combo boxes, list boxes using Selenium for Web application.
- Designed and implemented Selenium WebDriver automation framework for Smoke and Regression test suites using TestNG.
- Created and maintained automated reusable tasks, functional test cases using Perl.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI with REST to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Extensively involved in testing the application manually for the Functional and Systems Integration test efforts.
- Designed and implemented basic/complex SQL queries for backend testing.
- Involved in Database Testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database.
- Created Selenium automation scripts in Java using Junit prior to Agile release and also have configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tools.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, Protractor to handle TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Used POM (Page Object Model) approach for better script maintenance and reusability stories.
- Managed Test results and defects using JIRA defect tracking tool.
- Participated in design walkthrough and review meetings while interacting with customers.
- Managed Code reviews using GIT as code repository and code collaborator.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver 3.0.*- 3.6.*, Perl, Ruby 2.3/2.4, SOAP UI, Eclipse Neon, TestNG, GIT, JIRA, SQL, XPath, Java 8, Junit, Python, Maven, Windows, Unix.
Confidential, NY City, NY
- Involved in the SDLC of requirement analysis, design and development of the web-based application in the fast paced Agile/Scrum methodology, Interacted with Business Analyst and Developers to understand the application architecture and recommend testing strategy.
- Developed, drove and tested an automation in Perl which enforced migration on Unix user profiles in 18 different IMC sites resulting in saving 5800 man-hours.
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results, as well as using automation tool Quality Center and QTP.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, using SVN for a Java based Web application, using Maven as build tool and Jenkins to create and run deployment jobs.
- Utilized testing tool TestNG extensively for the integration testing and unit testing.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Maintained Jenkins Continuous Integration server for scheduling auto run of smoke and regression test for builds in different environments.
- Performed Web Services testing using Postman for manual testing and rest assured with Cucumber BDD Framework and Gherkin scripting language for automation.
- Performed Mobile Testing in iOS devices and android devices with Appium.
- Performed Manual (Black-box) and Automation testing including Smoke, Regression and Function Testing using QTP.
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP API, including JSON/XML data formats.
- Used Quality Center to track, analyses, and document defects, analyzed and helped in modifying the Use Cases and created the Test cases.
- Reported and tracked defects using test management and worked in source version control tool Subversion (SVN).
- Enabled Remote capability for customer flows resulting in significant cost avoidance (>$2M USD), allowing customers to run their emulations and simulations in remote servers.
- Involved in Data testing by writing SQL queries in database tables to ensure UI result match.
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium.
- Effectively implemented different QA Methodologies/ Policies, Strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Prepared Test strategy and Test Plan for each Release cycle.
- Performed Manual Testing as well as Automation Testing by using QTP/UFT.
- Written Manual Test Cases to test the functionality of the application followed Waterfall Methodology of the entire project.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, JUNIT, Selenium RC and Selenium Java client driver.
- Developed and implemented robust Keyword driven framework with Selenium RC which cut down the script development time in half.
- Performed Integration Testing and Batch Testing in QTP.
- Extensively Used HP ALM for storing QTP test scripts, scheduling tests and maintaining test plans.
- Designed Summary Reports, Traceability Reports using Quality Center (QC) and involved in performance testing with LoadRunner.
- Tested web services using SOAP UI to test the XML requests and the responses for each of the operations.
- Performed database testing using SQL Server and executed various DML statements.
- Worked with the Developers and the Test Lead to verify the Test Cases.
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports, Test Summary, Requirement Traceability Reports and Test Statistics and Customized Summary Reports.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Involved in writing Manual test cases, logging and analysis of bugs.
- Performed Smoke testing to ensure proper deployment of application in the test environment.
- Performed Regression testing to ensure that the code is not broken.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure that all test cases are passed and met the given requirement specifications.
- Segregated Bugs based on severity and priority and maintained the log using Bugzilla.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test execution & results reports.
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for backend testing to verify the proper interaction between GUI (Graphical User Interface) and database.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Interacted with developers and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
Environment: Java, MySQL, HP Quality Centre, MS Excel, Bugzilla.