- As ETL Tester having solid experience with data models identification target mapping and testing schemas.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of transformation rules verification processes and data sample comparisons.
- Is highly analytical and detail - oriented and has an associate degree in Information Technology along with six years of ETL Tester experience.
- Expertise in USA Health Care Domain.
- Experienced in every phase of Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Thorough knowledge of the Agile and Waterfall SLDC models and methodologies
- Excellent skills of problem solving and Bug Tracking using HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA
- Testing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) applications for supporting data warehouse, data integration and business reporting systems.
- Adapting ETL Testing processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business requirements.
- Write technical Test cases for ETL job streams, business objects reports\dashboards and promote code to test & production environment.
- Perform technical reviews, data validations & end 2 end testing for ETL objects
- Experience in designing, developing and normalizing database and conducting Backend testing by executing SQL queries
- Anticipate in requirement gathering and prepared mapping document.
- Provide multiple Test approaches for various projects.
- Ability to operate in self-sufficient manner and identify the right time to raise queries or concerns.
- Proficient in creating manual test cases from requirements, design, specifications and process flow diagrams
- Documenting Test Documents Using MS Office Tools - Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in the different modules of the ALM/HP Quality Center (QC) such as the Requirements, Test Plan, and Test Lab, Defects modules
- Performed Positive Testing, Negative Testing, Integrated Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing
- Experience on testing various modules of FACETS like Subscriber/Member, Groups, Enrollment, Claims, Provider and Utilization Management
- Strong knowledge of EDI Claims, member enrollment, and billing transactions
- Experience with HIPAA 4010 EDI transaction codes such as 270/271 (inquire/response health care benefits), 276/277 (Claim status), 834 (Benefit enrollment), 835 (Payment/remittance advice) and 837 (Health care claim)
- Strong in Problem Analysis and Resolution skills, effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills to interact with business users, business analysts, developers and the QA team
Methodology: Agile, Waterfall
Bug Reporting Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, Jira
Application Software: ORACLE, SQL Server, MS Office
Operating System: UNIX, LINUX, Windows
Databases: DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server
Business Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point
Sr. ETL Tester
- Identified data streams and reviewed data models for testing strategies.
- Conducted source to target data mapping.
- Identified defects and errors in data prior to data processing.
- Mitigated existing issues and provided solutions.
- Collaborated with back end and database testers.
- Performed ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) testing for various modules on FACETS.
- Providing following test artifacts Test Plans, Test strategies, test case documents and test results for various projects and for the following test phases Functional test, Defect Retest, E 2 E test and UAT test.
- Collaborating with project team and other key stakeholders to identify, estimate and prioritize Testing activities for the project and/or enhancement activities.
- Designing test cases (SQL Code) using Combinatorial Test Design (CTD) techniques to develop the optimum coverage for the Test Scenarios.
- Quality Assurance activities involving High-end technologies such as Agile software development life cycle, Facets, Complex data bases, VSTS, SOAP UI (XML’s) Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and SYBASE.
- Performing technical reviews, timely escalations and providing defect reports, timely status reports.
- Participating in Defect triage meetings and updating defect test plan and status.
- Identifying gaps and propose improvements in Quality Assurance.
Environment: Facets, Oracle, Teradata, JIRA, SoapUI, MS Access, SOA, JIRA, SDLC, ETL, SQL, DataStage, Cognos, Agile, Scrum, SQL Server, EDI Windows XP, VB, SQL, HL7, FACETS, HIPAA, EDI, XML, SOAP UI, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center.
- Conducted packages testing and schema testing.
- Verified data completeness and transformation rules.
- Tested referential relations and integrities of data.
- Wrote technical reports of located data errors with recommended solutions.
- Processed data for testing and analytics after mitigation of data errors.
- Developed inline view queries and complex SQL queries and improved the query performance for the same.
- Create stored procedures for Incremental extract based on time stamp, version date and record flag.
- Implemented SCD I, II to the extracts based on the business requirement and client expectations.
Environment: Oracle, Teradata, JIRA, SoapUI, JIRA, SDLC, ETL, SQL, Windows7, Cognos, Agile, Scrum, SQL Server, MS Visio, MS Project, UML, XML.
- Worked with the DW Architecture team in Testing complex Delta processing Loads
- Designed the high-Level design documents for Heterogeneous Interfaces.
- Involved in creating both positive and negative test data to cover all business scenarios
- Cleanse incoming data from various sources with conformance to the existing business standards.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts for Functional, Security and Regression Testing.
- Analyzed and reviewed project documentation, business requirements to prepare detailed test schedules and plans.
- Performed Integration, System, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance testing of an application.
- Responsible for testing data load into dimensional data model using Ralph Kimball methodology.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members. Used MS-Word for documentation.
- Involved in other test planning meetings and submitted test metrics daily to the management.
- Performed extensive manual testing before doing the automation.
- Prepared and Documented the test scripts for functional and regression testing
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, C#, HTML, Oracle, UAT, ETL, POS, E2E, SQL, MS Access
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Involved in writing and implementation of the test plan, various test cases and test scripts in Quality Center
- Maintained and systematized the documentation process for the Performance Testing Plan
- Gathered requirements and created, executed and documented Test Cases as per requirements in Quality Center
- Tested the Web-services of the SOA using SOAP-UI.
- Extensively involved for Back-End Testing and related database issues
- Worked on XML tools with various documents for further processing and worked on XML API's.
- Prepared Test Plans and Test Cases based on the functional requirements, HIPAA and HL7 regulations like 834, 835, 837, etc
- Involved in testing Web services with a tool called 'SOAP UI'.
- Developed Automation Test Scripts to perform Functionality, Security, UAT and Regression Testing using Quick Test Pro
- Used HL7 and FACETS to receive, store and send HIPAA-standard transactions
- Worked on EDI request transactions (270, 276, 278) and response transactions (271, 277)
- Conducted Back-End Testing manually also or the purpose of Database Integrity. Also, involved in Back-End Testing using SQL and UNIX scripting
- Defect tracking and bug reporting using Quality Center
Environment: Windows XP, VB, SQL, HL7, FACETS, HIPAA, EDI, XML, SOAP UI, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center.