Software Test Engineer/Analyst with over 6 years of extensive hands - on experience with Automation and Manual Testing using industry leading testing tools throughout various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). I’m currently seeking to utilize my extensive & professional experience at a new opportunity in the testing industry.
- More Than 6 years of professional experience in Information Technology with Software Testing.
- Experienced in creating Architecture design and Automation Framework (Hybrid Framework) for automation suite, which involves Test Data and Reusable Function library using Selenium.
- Expert in Automation testing with Selenium Webdriver.
- Experienced in regression testing using Selenium Webdriver for different builds to satisfy changes in requirements and to verify its effect on other modules.
- Experienced in creating test scripts using Selenium Web driver using Page Object Model.
- Extensively experienced with Selenium Webdriver to develop automation scripts in Java.
- Expertise in developing Test Plans, Test Case Design and Test Scripts based on Business Requirements Specification.
- Experienced in developing user cases, user interface specifications and user requirement specification documents.
- Expertise in implementing Agile and SCRUM Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, Strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Proficient in writing black box and GUI Test Cases, designing tests to mitigate risks and helping business experts define requirements.
- Good Knowledge in various types of testing including system, smoke, GUI, functional, regression, integration, configuration testing, and UAT.
- Proficient in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configuring various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Expertise in Bug Tracking system and Process using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Solid SQL skills, able to write simple and complex SQL queries from scratch.
- Hands on experience in developing Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using Hybrid Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework and Data Driven Framework using Selenium Webdriver.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Experienced in using GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office.
- Proficient in using Jenkins as a continuous integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Extensively experienced in Web services testing with SOAP UI.
- Experienced in participating in SCRUM planning sessions.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Soap UI, Postman, HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Cucumber, Junit, TestNG, JMeter, Appium, Android SDK, XCode, Mongo DB, SauceLabs, BrowserStack, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Netbeans
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux/Unix
Programming Languages: VB Script, CSS, Java, Java Script, C/C++, C#
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle SQL Server, MySQL
Version Control System: SVN, CVS, VSS
Microsoft & Other Tools: MS Office, SharePoint, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Projects, SnagIT, Jing, FileAid, FireBug, Measureit
Confidential, McLean, VA
QA Automation Analyst
- Reviewed and Analyzed business requirement documents, technical requirements and functional specification of various functionalities.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Interacted with the Development, Testing, and Business team to resolve and to follow up on development issues.
- Ensured the deliverables were on par with Client standards, prepared test data; carried out testing and execution.
- Wrote the complete instructions based on the newly created structure in JIRA for testers.
- Involved in Test Execution, reporting any defect in JIRA.
- Analyzed the gap between actual and expected results and reported bugs using JIRA application.
- Involved in data mapping of the project requirements, queried the database using SQL queries for data mining, data analysis and data modeling.
- Extracted data from different department to flat files and load the data to the target Oracle and SQL server database.
- Used complex SQL Quires to perform back-end data base testing.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with Selenium Grid and WebDriver.
- Used Junit and TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium.
- Developed the test scripts and analyzed the results in various stages of the application including integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using Selenium.
- Developed and implemented Data driven and Keyword Driven automation testing framework with Selenium Grid and WebDriver.
- Recommended new products and provided guidance and expertise in their development.
- Identified and documented software and systems defects.
- Worked with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing.
Environment: TestNG, Maven, GitHub, JUnit, JIRA, VBScript, Java, Java Script, MS SQL Server, Windows, UNIX, Web Services, HP ALM, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, CSS.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Integrated working with the test executive team, the project management deliverables for the test component of the project activity.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure the progress on a regular basis.
- Executed functional and regression testing.
- Developed new Automation scripts for new Test Cases compliance with framework.
- Exercised Smoke Testing as they were ready and reported the critical issues to the developers.
- Used JIRA to track, report, and manage defect throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
- Performed backend testing by writing SQL Queries.
- Created a Hybrid Framework of automation for the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Scheduled testing job and set up the flag to run automation script every time developer commits new code and make a new build.
- Created and managed Selenium Test Scripts based on the Requirements, and Scenarios.
- Conducted Data Driven Testing using Data Provider Annotation in TestNG to test the application with different sets of data.
- Developed automated test scripts using WebDriver and TestNG in Eclipse.
- Performed SOAP UI testing for the web application as per client requirements.
- Performed cross browser testing with the help of various tools.
- Performed regular meetings with BA, Development Lead on the progress and issues.
- Involved in Web services/ data driven testing using SOAP UI.
- Involved with business users for UAT testing efforts and provided QA Sign off (Test Environment and Prod Environment).
- Involved in documentation reviews to ensure that they were correct, complete, and easy to understand.
- Evaluated systems or procedures and recommended action or changes; tested applications, systems and procedures.
- Prepared various templates for different products from E-files and attended weekly meetings on project status.
Environment: HTML, HP ALM, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Maven, GitHub, MS Project, MS Visio, Java, J2EE, Java Script, VB Script, XML, SQL Server, MS Word, Windows, SOAP UI, UNIX, C, C++, C#, .Net.
Confidential, Springfield, NJ
- Conducted Manual Testing on Test Cases and provided feedback to the development team.
- Designed and documented Test plans and Use case specifications.
- Reviewed team developed scripts to meet the Company’s scripting standards.
- Involved in designing and developing automation test framework.
- Worked in Resource management and Automation Architecture designing for maximum coverage of requirement.
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases.
- Created Test design by using Quality Center/ALM and tracked the defects and reported the defects to the concerned persons.
- Frequently updated the requirements and defect status as per the current status of the testing project using Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed Database testing by using SQL queries.
- Created, and managed TestNg Scripts based on the Requirements, and Scenarios.
- Used Selenium for regression testing for automation of multiple modules in the environments.
- Used Hybrid framework to develop Selenium automation test scripts.
- Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario by using Selenium.
- Developed and executed automation Regression testing and System testing using Selenium.
- Involved in generating weekly Progress report.
Environment: JIRA, Agile, Selenium, C, C++, C#, MS Word, UNIX, MS Excel, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, Quality Center/ALM, Java, Java Script, Windows, HTML, MS Visio, .Net.