- Approximately 6+ years of experience working in the IT industry with strong knowledge in the field of QA Automation and Manual Testing.
- Significant experience working in Agile including all the phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Actively participated in Agile Scrum by attending Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retro, and Daily Stand - Up meetings.
- Proficient in Test Automation with the ability to design, develop and maintain Test Automation Frameworks using Selenium WebDriver and Java from scratch.
- Well versed in preparing and creating automation frameworks such as Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Data-Driven Testing (DDT) using Maven, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber and Java.
- Extensive understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts in Java.
- Considerable experience using Selenium WebDriver and writing JUnit Test Suites and Test Cases for testing application functionalities.
- Developed and implemented Page Object Model (POM) based on automation testing frameworks utilizing Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Junit and Cucumber with Gherkin.
- Expert in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in Java for testing web applications.
- Extensive knowledge of performing Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing and Database Testing in Agile environment.
- Worked with Apache POI for reading and writing data from Excel.
- Strong knowledge in developing end-to-end automation using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, web services (RESTAssured).
- Hands on experience in Object Repository tool GitHub.
- Ability to provide smooth Continuous Integration by setting Jenkins, Git, Maven, JUnit and Cucumber.
- Ability to write dynamic XPath and CSS selectors for complex Object Identifications in Selenium WebDriver.
- Responsible for creating automated test reports using Cucumber HTML reports with all steps and screenshots.
- Exceptional understanding in validation of web services request and response XML, JSON using Postman and REST Assured libraries.
- Performed Back-end Testing in Oracle Database using JDBC (Java Database Connection) API connectivity.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration using Jenkins including managing and implementing automation builds.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run parallel execution by creating groups and categorizing test cases.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL queries to validate Database Testing.
- Skilled in identifying, assessing and reporting defects using defect tracking tool such as Jira.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills along with experience to learn new technologies quickly. Technically reliable and capable of working both as an individual and as a team member.
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate multitasking in a work project environment.
SKILLS & TOOLS:
Testing frameworks: Git, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber BDD
Automation tools: Selenium WebDriver
Project Build Tool: Maven
Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery: Jenkins
Languages: Java, SQL, JSON, HTML, XML, Gherkin
Project Management Tools: Jira
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum)
Data Bases: MySQL, Oracle
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Software Engineer in Test - SDET
- Interacted with client, product owner and development team to understand User Stories and provided feedback for Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria in Agile Scrum environment.
- Actively participated in Agile Scrum by attending Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo and Retrospective meetings.
- Designed and Developed Automation Framework in Selenium WebDriver using Behavior Driver approach like Cucumber BDD.
- Performed Smoke and Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver, Page Object Model, JUnit, Cucumber Framework with Maven to build a tool in IntelliJ IDEA integrated with Jenkins tool for Continuous Integration.
- Improved maintainability not only by implementing POM but also by creating custom methods to easily capture/identify dynamic web elements.
- Performed testing on API Web Services using RESTAssured library with Java as a programming language.
- Used Maven as a build management tool, Git for Version Control, Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Jira for a defect-tracking tool.
- Conducted Back-end Testing with complex SQL queries for data verification using JDBC API.
- Implemented BDD Framework using Cucumber and created Step Definitions and Feature files using Gherkin language.
- Developed user friendly Cucumber HTML reports with all steps and screenshots using Jenkins.
- Executed automation scripts in batch mode for each Regression cycle in Selenium WebDriver, analyzed the run result and logged defects for test failure in Jira.
- Used Page Object Model approach, developed Selenium WebDriver Framework in Java.
- Collaborated with business analysts, developers and testers to improve the productivity and efficiency of the development team.
- Supported Manual Testing as a cross functional team member in Agile environment.
Confidential, NEW YORK, NY
Test Automation Engineer
- Reviewed System Requirement specification, Technical Specifications and functional design documents to achieve better understanding of the project.
- Executed Functional Test Cases, analyzed the result and logged defects by following Defect Lifecycle in Jira.
- Reviewed peer code and implementing standards.
- Managed automation scripts and handled script issues on different environments.
- Developed and maintained Test Automation Scripts with Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Developed Data-Driven Frameworks to check the behavior of application with different inputs as parameters using Selenium WebDriver.
- Executed Automation Scripts using JUnit for each Regression cycle in Selenium WebDriver, analyzed the run result, and logged defects for test failure in Jira.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Performed Regression Testing for the application and new builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Helped to redesign POM based Automation Testing Framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Back-end Testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the SQL database.
- Participated in meetings on day to day basis with QA team to discuss the issues with the test preparation or test execution.
- Coordinated with development team to understand the functionality of the application including meetings and walkthroughs.
Confidential, NEW YORK, NY
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirements and Design Documents.
- Collaborated with QA and development teams to support release planning, estimation and delivery processes using Agile methodologies.
- Used Jira to develop Test Cases, Test Scripts, execution of the scripts and logging the defects.
- Performed both Manual and Automation Testing with positive and negative parameters increased coverage of automation.
- Automated Smoke Test Suite fully and partially Regression Suite.
- Interacted with team of developers to address quality problems and issues.
- Automated Test Cases using POM based Automation Testing Framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Reported the defects to development team on a periodic basis and retesting the defects as they are fixed.
- Used simple SQL queries to validate the data on the backend(DB).
- Introduced Requirement Traceability Matrix to the team(RTM).
- Prepared testing documents about the status and progress of the testing efforts for QA leads.
- Supported development team though deployments and production issues.