- Background My 20 - year background in Software Development/Quality Assurance and in Confidential as a Registered Nurse, has given me a unique perspective into the challenges and intricacies of two demanding fields.
- Approximately two decades of Software Development/Quality Assurance experience; with a focus on the fields of Confidential and Microprocessor design.
- Extensive SQA Automation tools experience; both with formal tools such as SilkTest and Rational, and with home-grown test harnesses written in Python and other scripting languages.
- Confidential as a Registered Nurse (RN) and Software Development in regards to developing and evaluating Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
- Ran and operated a small Software Development/Quality Assurance firm.
- Projects included: VoIP call center for local Confidential clinic, LDAP/Identity Management system integration and deployment, Mobile patient management applications.
- Designed and developed automation framework to effectively exercise Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile applications via an emulated environment.
- Refactored, redesigned, and implemented comprehensive Quality Assurance metric tracking system to more effectively communicate show-stopping issues to clients.
- Worked to integrate bug-tracking database into extranet to allow client observation of SQA engineer progress and track SDLC milestones.
- Ran and operated a small Software Development/Quality Assurance firm
- Primary projects included: durable medical equipment, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and practice management software.
- Worked with technical staff to effectively design manual and automated test cases to fully exercise client products.
- Interview, hire, supervise, motivate, evaluate, and train staff.
- Ran the daily operations of the company, including: analysis, sales, social media, SEO, marketing, and client relations.
- Coordinate all events of the Company to promote services and showcase past experience to attract clients.
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed test requirements, test plans, and automated test suites for backend systems such as SMTP, RADIUS, and LDAP servers utilizing Python and SQL.
- Worked with key stakeholders to formalize software test practices and software code reviews.
- Mentored junior Quality Assurance Engineers on test techniques, reporting, and analysis.
- Primary business owner for bug scrubs and code reviews on key project deliverables.
- UAT/User Acceptance testing
- Test plan authoring/execution
- Bug scrub/auditing
- CVS/CVN release management Associations
- American Association for Men in Nursing (AAMN) Member
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Phi Theta Kappa
- RedHat Technology Partner Volunteer Work
- CentOS Virtualization SIG
- Debian Linux QA Steering Committee
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Collaborated with Marketing Directors to find techniques that might further business growth, including Web Product enhancement that drove a 45% increase in visitor traffic growth, month-to-month.
- Created web testing automation library containing well over 200 functions to ensure high-quality deliverables and shorten test development time.
Quality Assurance Enginer
- Worked with management to implement a test-driven development process to bring Quality Assurance to the front-end of the development cycle for measurable gains in: software quality, functionality, and end-user productivity.
- Discovered deep-seated billing regression error in deployed software that, if undiscovered, would have erroneously charged clients monthly.
- Created and executed automated and manual software quality assurance test plans, cases, and scripts.