- A professional tester with more than 12 years both black box and grey box testing experiences in large public companies within the technology and healthcare industries, like Confidential
- Possess strong working knowledge of software development life cycle, Agile/Scrum or Waterfall development process, testing methodologies, QA terminology and process.
- Ability to write clear test plan, test case, bug/test summary report, execute tests on desktop, iOS or android mobile, web application and web services.
- Ability to automate web end - to-end test scenarios and restful API tests using JAVA, Selenium, testNG, Git, Maven and Jenkins.
- Ability to use SQL to validate data in databases
- Comfortable and adaptable in a high paced and informal environment.
- Self-driven, self-motivated and a team player.
Software Development Engineer
- Be responsible for two health O2O products testing, home care and dental care.
- Analyze the requirement and write test plan and test cases, review test plan and test cases with stakeholders.
- Write the automation test scripts using Java, TestNG, Maven, Git for both the external API and dubbo internal API tests
- Use SCM tool to build and deployment build in test environment.
- Execute scripts and execute tests on different iOS and android devices with different networks and app versions.
- Use Charles, Fiddler, Wireshark tools to analyze the network packages for H5 based products testing and issues debugging.
- Use SQL to check product data in MySQL databases and check logs on Linux servers.
- Write daily bug and test reports and release product to production after it is qualified.
- Delivered two O2O products to customer on time with great quality.
- Clarify the requirement issues and proposed good suggestions to product owner and reduced risks or bugs in later phases.
- Improved processes to finish as much as API automation scripts before testing phase so that major bugs were found earlier as well as much regression testing time was saved.
- Write automation scripts to prepare large volumes of test data that helped to find and remove corner bugs.
- Debugged the issues to find the root cause quickly with the developer together and reduced time to fix bugs.
- Quickly understood the whole deployment tools and processes, and helped new testers and developers to make the whole process smoothly.
Lead Automation/QA Engineer
- Manage a 4-person size functional test team for common platform back-end web services including account and payment services and account management console following Agile/Scrum development process.
- Analyze the requirement and write test plan and test cases of account profile management services, review test plan and test cases with stakeholders.
- Write and run the automation test scripts for both existing and new tests of account management console functions and profile management service APIs using Java, Selenium, SVN, Maven and Jenkins.
- Execute API test with Postman on desktops and UI tests on desktops, ios or android mobiles, tablets.
- Pushed the team and myself to automate all the existing and new web console tests and restful API tests in a short time and saved a lot of regression testing efforts later.
- Team rotated to run all automation scripts weekly and report regression bugs and result to stakeholders that reduced production bugs and make stakeholders happy as well.
- Team members are developed and worked together very well.
Department Test Team Lead
- Lead a 2-person size system test team for IBM storage replication adapter of VMware site recovery manager product.
- Be familiar with the IBM storages including SVC family, DS8000 copy services, VMware virtualization concept and SAN knowledge.
- Then lead the 12 person-size system test team for all IBM Storage Integrated Server products with both VMware and Microsoft partners.
- Arrange the automation test framework (Python, Jenkins, Git) learning activities from Israel test team and initiated the automation test for most products in Shanghai.
- Interlock with Israel test manager, test leads and PMs to define the test process, strategy and automation.
- Delivered Site Recovery Manager (SRM) products to production successfully within very tight schedule. More and more customers got benefit from the SRM to reduce site data loss and the application down time.
- The smart software or adapters between the IBM storages and Host provided a good reason for customers to choose IBM storages.
Senior Software Test Engineer
- Do manual hotel vendor web services testing with soap UI including whole test activities, write test plan, test cases, test execution and bug report following Agile/Scrum development process.
- Do data migration testing between data centers with complex SQLs.
- Maintain web services automation framework using Java, JUnit, Ant, Excel
- Write and run scripts for common platform vendor services APIs.
- Set up common web application automation framework with Java, Selenium, testNG, Ant
- Automate the key end to end common web test scenarios
- Automated the common web platform web services APIs and web application end-to-end scenarios that saved much regression efforts.
- Quickly qualified web services delivery makes the front end meeting management system deliver new features quicker.
Project Test Lead
- Lead a 3~7-person size functional test team for HPIT Open View Service Center (OVSC) and Solution Source projects.
- Attend face-to-face Agile/XP planning meetings in US, clarify requirement issues and write test plan.
- Lead the team test activities, test cases creation and review, test execution and bug report, analysis and track and manage the project risks.
- Train team members with domain knowledge, test skills and tools.
- Automate a few tests with QTP.
- Delivered HPIT products to production successfully within tight schedule and got very good feedback from customers.
Software Test Engineer
- Be familiar with MSN Messenger and learn the test processes.
- Review the test plan and update test cases, learn and use some test tools such as Windbg, Dbgview, Netmon, execute test cases and report bugs in PS etc.
- Write test plan and test outline, write test schedule, execute tests and report bugs for Music Mix V1, MSN Cartoon.
- Communicate with the test leader in USA and solve issues during the test process.
- Delivered Music Mix and MSN Cartoon products on time with good quality.