- Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE) with extensive hands on software testing experience and proven leadership skills.
- Practical understanding of Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall software development models, including testing of medium and large scale enterprise applications.
- Versatile experience in manual and automated testing procedures utilizing client’s formats and standards.
- Proven ability to effectively define and fulfill project goals and break complex issues to manageable tasks.
- Diverse experience in resource planning, assignment and management, level of effort estimation.
- Deep understanding of system, user acceptance, and integration testing.
- Creative problem solver who works well independently and within a team environment.
TOOLS/ENVIRONMENTS Databases: Oracle, Sybase, Hadoop, DB2.
Environments and Browsers: MS Windows, UNIX (Solaris), Mainframe, MS - DOS, IE, Chrome, Firefox.
Requirements and Test Management: ALM/Quality Center, Rally, ReqPro, DOORS, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest.
Testing Tools: GEMS, SOAPUI, XML Spy, REST Client, WinSQL, TOAD, Hexawise, Beyond Compare.
Test Automation: Cucumber, Ruby, RIT (Green Hat), UFT, QTP, WinRunner
Other Tools/Languages: SVN Subversion, ClearCase, WinSCP. MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, SQL, XML, HTML, VB Script, SPUFI, ProEdit.
Team Lead/Senior Test Analyst
Confidential, Washington DC
- Provided functional, integration and performance testing guidance and training to a team of up to 10 test engineers for multiple internal Confidential applications (Unified Closing Dataset, Collateral Underwriter, Common Securitization Platform, MBS Pool, Restatement, Deal Factory, CORE, R/AM).
- Achieved 100% system test effectiveness (no post production defects).
- Successfully managed multiple concurrent applications and releases.
- Allocated resources and restructured team based on changing priorities during releases.
- Revised project scheduling, planning and scoping processes to improve test team efficiency and increase the amount of functionality that can be tested in each release.
- Ensured that all related risks were mitigated and obtained stakeholder buy-in.
- Managed successful testing of business-critical functionality releases within an aggressive delivery timeline by efficiently leveraging resources and utilizing a Risk-Based Testing (RBT) methodology.
- Used metrics to analyze testing efficiency and define testing improvement roadmap.
- Collaborated with IT and Business stakeholders to introduce and utilized industry testing best practices.
- As Agile team member worked with various stakeholders to build quality into the product as early as possible.
- Utilized Rally on daily bases to record progress, attended meetings to clarify user stories, provided input on automation, integration, regression, as well as on exploratory and acceptance testing.
- Provided project level test leadership and function as a member of an Agile project teams, participated in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, demos, and project retrospectives.
- Tested TIBCO EMS messages by utilizing GEMS, SOUPUI, REST Client, RIT (Green Hat).
- Used SQL to query Oracle and Sybase databases for back-end testing.
- Designed and executed test cases and test scripts using ALM/Quality Center and Rally.
- Participated in requirement, design, and code reviews.
- Planned and actively participated in system, UAT, integration, regression, and production shakeout testing.
- Standardized test management processes, deliverables, and metrics/reporting while adhering to Confidential ’s System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Customized and administered QualityCenter.
- Created project schedules, monitored progress and provided appropriate reports.
- Defined and implemented testing strategies, plans, framework, processes, coverage, estimated level of efforts (LOE) and metrics for all technical tests.
- Created required test deliverables such as test plan, test strategy, requirements and use cases traceability matrixes, defect reports, and test execution reports.
- Developed automated test scripts using Cucumber, Ruby, RIT (Green Hat), UFT, QTP, WinRunner.
- Led Test Automation team during multiple management transitions.
- Worked closely with business partners and provided guidelines on efficient use of testing tools.
- Contributed to development of the End User Computing (EUC) applications standards and process documentation.
- Assisted in the review and modification of required deliverables templates and sign-off matrix.
- Created requirements and oversaw project development of automated metrics reporting using QualityCenter and Crystal Reports.
Senior Software Test Engineer/Contractor
Confidential, Germantown MD
- As a member of System Validation team in SPACEWAY project (satellite-based system, that provided highspeed terrestrial data services) conducted compliance inspection for software processes, lead the team effort for implementation and integration of test automation tools (TestDirector, WinRunner, XRunner). Configured test tools to ensure connection to third party tools (RequisitePro, ClearCase, MS Word, MS Excel). Created custom reports using Crystal Reports 8.5.
- Communicated test progress, test results and other relevant information to team members and management.
- Assisted in developing test strategy and project planning including resource allocation, scheduling and risk assessments.
- Conducted test activities in accordance with test engineering procedures.
- Installed applications on the system test bed.
- Supported CMM Level 2 assessments activities.
QA Team Lead
Confidential, Gaithersburg MD
- Developed and executed manual and automated test scripts including input data, expected output data and risk analysis in support of the operation, maintenance and administration of interactive catalog management application in the B2B eCommerce market.
- The application was Java based running on WebLogic with Oracle 8i on UNIX Sun Solaris platform.
- Supervised and trained 8 team members on WinRunner and LoadRunner.
- Determined test strategies based on requirements and architecture.
- Established baseline for automated functional regression testing (using WinRunner) and performance testing (using LoadRunner).
- Accepted responsibility for webMethods integration testing with key partners such as Oracle, Ariba, Clarus, and CommerceOne.
- Ensured correct QA Lab computer’s configuration.
- Tracked and classified the severity and impact of discrepancies and prepared status reports.
- Provided consulting services regarding test planning and testing techniques including automated testing and verification of flat files and XML documents.
Senior Test Analyst/Contractor, Davison Associates
Confidential, Falls Church VA
- Collected test data from Oracle database using SQLPLUS. Designed, developed and executed test procedures for Web based Management Report System.
- Reviewed and edited functional requirement documents and design specifications to ensure testability.
- Identified product defects and worked with developing team to correct defects.
- Followed FDA Quality System Regulations for development of computer software.
Confidential, Washington DC
- Developed automated test scripts for financial application in different environments (MS DOS, MVS, Win 3.1, Win 95, Win NT, UNIX, and web browsers) with WinRunner and Xrunner.
- Trained and mentored automation test staff in the use of WinRunner.
Confidential, Mahwah NJ
- Led test requirements and acceptance criteria generation, documentation of testability guidelines and test processes. According to business requirements inspected system and functional requirements.
- Used MVS/ESA, CICS, TSO, and DB2 to analyze production data and created data for tests.
- Developed unit, system and user acceptance test cases and scripts for Automated Delivery Information System that allowed UPS employees to search delivery records and create different reports.
- Developed screen layouts, logged and reported defects to the development team.
- Defined requirements for test environment.
- Executed tests in accordance with a written test plan, test cases and test scripts on a variety of computers and workstations with different configurations.
- Created and maintained master test plans and tracked bugs using TestDirector