- 4+ years of experience in testing web and mobile application in Agile process
- Ability to thoroughly analyze system’s functional requirements and break them down into test requirements/test objectives
- Working knowledge of the processes of software development life - cycle
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Resourceful and disciplined - address challenges with a positive attitude and effort, and remain calm and focused in a fast paced environment
- Able to manage priorities, to handle multiple tasks and work independently under minimum supervision, or as part of a team
- A capacity to learn new software/procedures quickly, to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- US Green card holder
Programming: SQL, Oracle, MySQL
Test Automation: Web Testing Tools Selenium WebDriver, Jmeter, Lettuce, PyCharm, Git, Jenkins
Networking: VMware Player, Oracle VirtualBox, Jira, Bugzilla
Virtualization: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, Internet, Intranet
Bug Tracking: Fiddler, Firebug
Software QA Engineer
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Testing of web and mobile versions of social media management application with social networking features such as manual and automated posting, scheduling, etc.
- Analyzing of business and technical requirements (use cases, PRD, BRD, functional specifications) and contributing to improvements of the product features.
- Black and gray box testing methodology.
- Creating test cases for functional and regression testing of the application.
- Gathering requirements for new features, including working with API of social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
- Testing of specific social media analytic: engagements, user flow, posts rating.
- Regression, functionality, release acceptance, GUI, usability testing.
- Cross-browser (MSIE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and cross-platform (Windows 10, MAC OS X, Android) testing in virtual machine (VirtualBox) environment.
- Creating and maintenance of testing environment with variety of combinations of Virtual Machines, Operating Systems, Browsers, etc.
- Test automation for main functionality (Python, Lettuce, Selenium WebDriver)
- Analyzing test failures, reporting issues and bugs to Bugzilla
Software QA Engineer
- Tested web and mobile versions of photo sharing application with advanced image processing and social networking features
- Utilized black and gray box testing methodology
- Wrote and executed SQL statements to validate database records created as a result of user activities
- Executed ad hoc and structured test procedures at all the stages of software development life cycle
- Tested implementation of social networking features: blog, forum, instant messaging, news feeds
- Performed regression, functionality, release acceptance, GUI, usability tests
- Tested platform-specific implementation of the photo upload feature
- Conducted regression testing procedures using Release Notes generated by Mantis Release Issues management software application
- Tested privacy and security configurations as well as multi-tier public and private settings
- Utilized knowledge of graphic file formats to test picture uploads
Software QA Tester
- Tested various web and mobile applications for numerous companies ranging from startups to global enterprises, created for the different goals, such as E-Commerce, Advertising/Marketing, Entertainment, Social Networks, Games, etc.
- Studied application’s business requirements, technical specification and installation guidelines
- Wrote and executed test cases
- Performed GUI, functionality and regression testing of the new builds
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 10/8/7) compatibility testing for web applications
- Identified, researched, and reported software issues to Jira online defect tracking system with detailed bug description, screenshots, videos and log files