- Lifelong technology enthusiast, tinkerer, voider of warranties and IT professional with 15 years experience in Software Quality and Test Automation.
- Accomplished automation specialist devoted to design and development of test automation frameworks focusing on Selenium with TestNG with inclusion of custom features, providing improved flexibility, better ease of use, and more robust validation capabilities.
- Experienced leader and mentor involved in on - site and off-shore testing teams.
- Well versed in engaging with and maturing young and growing QA organizations, implementing or overhauling processes, aligning resources and roles, and increasing team effectiveness.
Tools: HP Quality Center, QASymphony qTest, TestRail, Jira, Confluence, Rally, GitHub/GitLab
Automation: Selenium/WebDriver, Ranorex
QA Automation Lead
Confidential - Jeffersonville, IN
- Establish a remotely lead a brand new automation effort within the QA organization - choosing tools, defining process, and integrating into existing testing efforts.
- Build a custom, easy to use core automation framework in Java and TestNG (and later in C# and NUnit) with Selenium and custom functionality for precise validations, data handlers, and built-in reporting, serving as the foundation for all automation projects within each of the individual product testing teams and allowing rapid development of automated tests.
- Design and implement a complete test infrastructure for automated testing encompassing integration with build systems, application and database servers as well as configuration and deployment of internal Selenium Grid systems.
- Evolve the automation approach from a centralized 'drive-through' style service team to an integrated service within each product team, resulting in improved turn-around time for automation and increased visibility into automation development efforts.
- Work closely with product testing teams seeking to utilize automated testing, ensuring automation preparedness, consulting on best practices and how best to integrate automation into current processes and providing automation training where needed.
Lead Software Quality Engineer
Confidential - Cincinnati, OH
- Team lead responsible for automation development and regression testing against a web-based platform aimed at eliminating paperwork in the real estate transaction processes.
- Design and build a custom test automation framework using Java, Selenium, and TestNG.
- Coordinate nightly testing activities of off-shore testing team, including automation contributions, and development/execution of manual tests.
- As a senior team member, train and mentor entry level Quality Engineers in developing an eye for software quality and overall QA best practices.
- Conduct interviews and screening of potential QA candidates and provide hiring recommendations.
Confidential - Blue Ash, OH
- Conduct manual testing of a highly customized implementation of Ariba Buyer from initial production release through 24 successful point releases, Division roll-out and implementation of Ariba Buyer 9R1 core update.
- Work closely with Business Accounting to conduct data driven testing in order to ensure proper integration with legacy systems from an Invoicing/Accounting perspective.
- Complete overhaul entire test suite providing accurate test cases with proper requirements coverage and traceability, eliminating redundant and invalid tests, as well as extensive use of common procedures and parametrization.
- Assist Business Analysts in gathering system requirements from Business User Leads for system changes.
- Train/Mentor new associates on system functionality and testing practices.