- Over 6 years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance and Testing on both Manual , Automation testing of Client/Server and Web Based applications.
- Experience in all phase of software testing life cycle such as Waterfall and Agile Methodology .
- Professional Experience in Medical , Finance, and Insurance applications.
- Experience in Automating the test scenarios and test cases using (UFT)Unified Functional Testing , (QTP)Quick Test Professional and lower versions.
- Strong expertise in the implementation of Automation Framework Architecture .
- Extensive work experience in Developing and Maintaining Test Automation Scripts using VB script with (QTP)Quick Test Professional and ( UFT) Unified Functional Testing.
- Experienced in Test Automation framework design and development and expert in developing Data Driven , Keyword Driven automation framework in Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing ( QTP and UFT ).
- Strongly experienced in developing Descriptive programming with VB Script and working with shared Object repositories in Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing ( QTP and UFT ).
- Expertise on regression tests for data transformation and also proficient in loading and analyzing the quality of the data by using Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing ( QTP and UFT ).
- Strong skills in backend testing using SQL Queries with SQL Developers.
- Extensive experience in Error Handling by developing custom error handling functions with VB Script .
- Experienced in developing VB Script Functions and maintaining them in Function Libraries with Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing ( QTP and UFT).
- Hands on experience in Tracking and Reporting of defects using Defect Tracking Tools such as HP QC, ALM and Jira.
- Developed custom functions and maintained them in QTP Function Libraries for Keyword Driven Framework.
- Developed basic shakeout script using open source tool such as Selenium Web Driver in Eclipse IDE with java.
- In - depth understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle and Defect Life Cycle.
- Experience working with an off-shore team preferred.
- Well versed in Agile Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Experienced in Ad-Hoc Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in API testing, Web Services, REST API, Soap API.
- Excellent understanding and expertise in writing SQL (DDL, DML) queries to perform back-end testing and verification.
- Participate production support and user feedback sessions
- Excellent Cross Functional Agile team member can perform manual, automation testing with extensive coding skills.
- Experienced with provide feedback on requirements and design specifications.
- Mastery of Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Good experience in analysing the business requirement documents and requirement specification to prepare test cases.
Framework: Key Word Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Framework, TestNG
Automation Tools: UFT, Quick Test Professional, Selenium
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, Jira, Rally
Programming Languages: VB Script, SQL, HTML, XML, Java, Json
Design Tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stagesof SDLC .
- Developed and maintained automation scripts for regression test cases in UFT using VBScript.
- Developed Hybrid Driven test framework in UFT by reading test data from Excel.
- Performed Hybrid Driven Testing using UFT and custom functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Extensively involved in Smoke , Functional , Regression , Browser Compatibility, End to End Testing.
- Extensively used locators like (XPath and DOM) to test the web application
- Works as part of Scrum Development Team, effectively participate in sprint planning , task estimates , task assignments, sprint Demo , and retrospectives .
- Wrote SQL queries for data verification and Oracle SQL statements for Back-End testing.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings to understand the progress in work and matched efforts to the changing needs depending on the current status of the updates in the meeting.
- Creates and maintains automated framework using standard coding methodologies.
- Creates and performs complex test execution.
- Leads development of automation framework .
- Provided training to other employees on testing best automation practices.
Keywords: VBScript, SQL, Oracle, XML, UFT, Jira, Hybrid Framework, Rest API, SOAP API, WSDL, TDD, Windows, HTML, CSS.
Test Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Executed manual test cases and logged defects .
- Reported test execution status on a daily basis to the upper management.
- Performed Ad-hoc , Functional , Regression , Integration of Web-based Application.
- Created necessary scripts from a manual test case , added verification steps to tests, manage objects in the object repository and customize Checkpoints with parameters.
- Connected to the database to query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate the production environment.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews.
- Used AOM with Windows Task Scheduler to schedule tests nightly basis automatically.
Keywords: VBScript, SQL, Oracle, XML, QTP, ALM, Keyword framework, Rest API, HTML, CSS, TDD Windows.
Confidential, Vienna VA
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Designed and developed Test Automation scripts using the existing framework.
- Responsible for creating automated test scripts in QTP and updated the scripts as per requirement changes.
- Created test plans , test cases , test data , test scenarios , and other test report for upper management.
- Extensively used Shared Object Repository in QTP.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix in order to manage and organize test cases with its user story.
- Worked with development teams to investigate and correct software bugs and deficiencies based on testing results.
- Developed automated test scripts using Descriptive programming in QTP.
- Perform Negative and Positive Testing manually.
- Work with various kinds of testing type, such as Exploratory , Smoke , Regression , Integration , System , and UAT Testing .
- Log defects in tracking tools and retest them once they are fixed by developers.
- Participate in daily client conference call, meetings, and demos.
Keywords: Manual Testing, VBScript, SQL, Oracle, QTP, ALM, HTML, CSS, TDD, Windows.