Highly skilled Mobile Software Test Engineer with 4 years of experience in application development and testing. Proactive in triaging and debugging reported issues and testing mobile applications on various android devices to identify and resolve bugs.Versatile team player who adapts well to any environment and contributes to project teams. Published 3 android apps on Confidential play store.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Bug Life Cycle
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Test Cases and Plans
- Triage Bugs
- Status Reports
- Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall Methodologies
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
Languages: Java, C, C++, SQL, Assembly, JDBC
IDE and Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Android Studio, Android SDK, NetBeans, Genymotion, GitHub, Subversion
Framework: Android SDK, Java Development Kit (JDK)
Version C ontrol: Git, SVN, Subversion
Software T esting: Feature, Functional, System, Compatibility, Regression, Performance, Load, Stress,Securi - ty testing,Selenium, Appium, Selendroid, Robotium,Triage Bugs.
Android Specifics: Eclipse, Android Studio, Fragment, Intents, Layouts, User Interfaces, Confidential Maps API, Custom Layout, Custom Adapter, MVC Design Pattern, REST/JSON Web Services, JSON and XML Parsers, Service, Broadcast Receiver, Android Data Storage (Shared Preferences, SQLite, Content Providers, SD Card), Debugging Android SQLite, MySQL
Operating Systems: Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat,Latest O Windows, Linux, Mac, Android
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential, Mountain View, CA
software Test Engineer
- Conduct comprehensive, hands-on testing and retesting in mobile (Android) applications.
- Develop and execute automated test scripts.
- Write test plans and test cases based on latest Android OS (Nougat/7.x, Android O) features, executing tests and logging defects in bug tracking tool (Buganizer).
- Modify test cases per functional specifications.
- Analyze log files of technical specifications to identify and isolate issues.
- Triage bugs to prioritize issues based on customer impact, business needs, and project schedule.
- Perform debugging procedures, in accordance with bug life cycle, bug verification, and task closure.
- Generate daily status report and attend defect triage meeting with project team.
- Designed and developed Confidential, an Android application to conduct fast and easy searches of local businesses and services, including restaurants, banks, gas stations, coffee shops, and movie theaters.
- Created and implemented custom UI, including buttons, editable text, views, and graphics.
- Used Confidential API from Confidential Play services library to find user’s exact location and REST protocol / JSON parsing to fetch data from Yahoo local search API and display search data.
- Displayed JSON objects using View Holder list.
- Implemented Confidential Map API to display Confidential Maps and Web View to open selected items.
- Used Android Studio to design and develop UI views and layouts for GPS vehicle tracking application (VTK), allowing users to monitor vehicle’s speed and current location from mobile phone.
- Implemented geolocation tracking using Confidential Maps API.
- Designed and developed UI views and layouts for various applications, including Hangman, Tracking, and Weather Report .
Assistant Professor / Head of Department, Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Organized and led seminars and conferences on current ECE topics and issues.
- Taught introductory computer classes.