Lead QA Engineer
- Provide QA support for multiple full stack development teams to ensure coverage throughout bi - weekly sprints to meet emergency bug fix, beta, and major release deadlines.
- Driving force to ensure deadlines for emergency bug fix, beta, and major releases are met to the best of QA and development team abilities.
- Helped in making QA the last voice of acceptance in engineering for all releases before product owner acceptance.
- Strong expertise in all levels of testing including Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Black box / Grey box testing, Backend testing (REST API through Postman).
- Identifying defects within the software at different levels; from the back-end through server logs to UI through browser developer tools.
- Maintain all development, test, and production staging environments for internal use throughout multiple departments.
- Develop and implement manual test plans and procedures to accurately test the application code, functions, modules and systems to successfully meet the intended business / user requirements.
- Demonstrate initiative, integrity, and commitment to product quality; providing leadership and guidance for QA team members.
- Direct involvement in new feature requirements and design with product and development teams. Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / project.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development, delivery and support to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions to providing QA release LOEs.
Software Configuration Management
- Provide a focal point for all software releases through Agile ECO process
- Perform software build verifications and release source code audits to ensure software integrity for set top box software, applications, and product accessories
- Work with various engineering development teams to schedule, test, and release software forexternal and internal use
Download Configuration Management
- Build software download streams for all Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, and Confidential products
- Communicate and maintain testing requirements and standards with test teams
- Set standards on product flash map requirements to reduce download times and ensure these standards are implemented through past compatible products, while also maintaining these requirements for new products
Engineering Technician I, II, III
- Provide final qualification of software, hardware, and documentation
- Lead support to other technicians
- Ensure team deadlines are met by organizing projects and responsibilities by reviewing test requirements and results to ensure documentation is valid for specified software