- 8.5 Years of extensive experience as QA Analyst for Data warehousing - ETL & BI solutions in various industries like Banking, Retail, Hi tech and Healthcare.
- Possessing Strong SQL skills.
- Exposure to big data eco system like hadoop, hive.
- Exposure in analyzing, profiling large complex data and creating data mapping, KPI Dimension metrics
- Experience in creating and leveraging test automation frameworks for validating data movements across systems.
- Experience in agile methodology
- Strong at testing ETL process & BI Reports and ensuring data correctness & data quality as per the Business requirements.
- Experience in end-to-end DW testing including creation of test plan & test strategy, preparation of estimates, communication plan & test approach, test case creation & execution and defect tracking
- Conducting a thorough system analysis and coordinating with team members for requirements mapping, system design and integration.
- Strong experience in testing methodologies like Data Migration Testing, Database Testing, Regression, System Integration and UAT.
Programming Big data: SQL, PL/SQL, Basic Python and Unix shell, Hadoop, hive, oozie
Databases ETL Tools: Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Vertica
BI Reporting: Datastage, Informatica, BODS
Test Management: Microstrategy, SSIS, Qlickview, HP ALM, Bugzilla, Radar
Confidential, Sunnyvale CA
- Test Planning, Test case preparation review and Test execution for the BI application under purview.
- Responsible for end-to-end QA for hadoop oriented data mart.
- Handled QA for Teradata to hadoop migration.
- Defect management.
- Test data identification, creation.
- Writing complex hqls for data analysis and testing.
- Help Dev team in debugging the issues.
- Create and leverage automation frameworks for testing the data flow across systems.
- Validation of analytics dashboard.
- Liaise with business group for requirement understanding, clarifications, UAT.
- Involved in Datamart Design, KPI requirement analysis.
- Prepared test strategy, plan and test approach.
- Prepared complex SQL queries for testing the business transformation rules.
- Testing of ETL layer data loading and business transformations.
- Validation of the Microstrategy Reports as per the business requirements.
- Responsible for End-to-End data flow Testing - from source data load to BI reports.
- Reviewed the test cases, SQLs prepared by the team members.
- Involved in Defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Participated in Defect triage meetings representing the QA
- Automation: MSTR Integrity Manager for ETL Data mart migration project.
Sr QA Analyst
- Preparation of test cases and SQL scripts for data validation.
- Test cases review.
- Test data setup considering the business scenarios to be tested.
- Test execution for ETL DW Layers & Reporting.
- Bug reporting and tracking in QC.
Sr QA Analyst
- Data validation -Validation of data aggregation, trend charts, Qlikview dashboard matrices and corresponding Drill Down pages.
- IPAD User Interface validation.
Sr QA Analyst
- Preparation of test scenarios, test cases, SQL scripts based on business scenarios.
- Prepare and setup test data based on scenarios and system functionality.
- Test execution and Bug reporting in QC.
- PL/SQL Code debugging to find out the failed scenarios and liaise with the developers to demonstrate the issues.
- Preparation of test scenarios, test cases and respective SQL scripts to validate the data flow across various ETL Layers and to verify various business transformations and metric computations.
- Prepare and execute SQL scripts to verify the complex data transformations and business rules.
- Data migration testing.
- Bug reporting.
- Co-ordinate with On-site/off-shore Design and development team for bug resolution.
- Review of test cases and test scenarios.
- Liaise with various source system teams for data requirements and DWH integration.
- Review vendor FSDs and sign off.
- Prepare test scenarios and test cases as per the Basel II / RBI Guidelines.
- Create and execute SQL scripts to test data transformations and business rules.
- ETL and Report testing to ensure the quality of risk data mart and regulatory reports.
- Bug reporting and Co-ordinate with design/development team for bug resolutions.
- Review the test cases and test scenarios.
- Develop and port the reports in BO as per ad-hoc report requirements from business users.
- Post implementation support and help Business users for data analysis part of regulatory audits.