- Over 5 years of industrial experience in software development, software quality assurance and web based application.
- Also experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC) and Defect Life Cycle.
- Extensively experienced in software QA performing manual and automated software testing, writing Test Plans and Test Cases using various automation tools.
- Strong knowledge and working experience in writing Test execution, Bug Tracking and Test Summary reports.
- Experienced in testing client server and web based applications using QTP/UFT and QC.
- Experienced with defect tracking tools like JIRA and Test Director/Quality Center (QC).
- Extensively Worked in Web HTTP/HTML and Web Service Protocols.
- Experienced in executing SOAP based web services for API testing (Java client and Soap UI).
- Hands on experience with Functionality Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Stress Testing, Load Testing, Volume Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Database Testing, Smoke Testing and Sanity Testing.
- Experienced in Developing complex SQL Queries to perform database testing and Backend Testing.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with business users, business analysts, developers and the QA team.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document( BRD ), put input into Test Plan and prepared detailed Test Cases for new functionality.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression, System and Backend testing of the application.
- Tracked and documented the defects in Quality center and reported the defects to the developers through Quality Center/JIRA.
- Participated in reviewing the Test Plans and Test Case Templates for the functional testing.
- Analyzed existing Functional QA Test Cases for completeness and automation suitability.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge of cloud based code repository system like GitHub .
- Proficient in all phases of defect lifecycle, finding and logging defects; tracking and assigning; defect triage; using Quality Center, bug tracking tools ALM and JIRA to log and track activities involved in defect management lifecycle; defining severity and priority of defects; and defect closure.
- Maintained the test log Defect reports and also monitored the resolution of Defects using Quality Center, JIRA.
- Conducted GUI Testing and Cross Browser compatibility testing during the releases and interacted with developers to resolve any technical issues.
- Worked with Automation team in automating test scripts using QTP/UFT .
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each Confidential deliverables.
- Created custom JSON/XML Assertors to validate SOAP (WSDL) and REST API calls, and Data Banks for storing and analyzing data input/output and error codes.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and written test cases for UAT.
- Responsible for preparing and sending the deliverables like weekly status reports to the QA managers and project lead.
- Coordinated testing of software defects, enhancements, and upgrades with users and crossfunctional groups to ensure requirements are met.
- Also provided suggestions for best practices and process improvement.
Environment: LM/Quality Center, QTP, Java, VB Script, Oracle, SQL Developer, UNIX, JIRA, Agile, SOAP UI, Window, MS Office.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Developed manual Test Script and converted to automated script using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Checked the data validity for various applications, tracking software and specification defects and resolution using Quality Center, documenting all phases of QA life cycle, analyze functional requirements, mapping documents.
- Developed and enhanced the script on LR VuGen.
- Correlated and parameterized scripts, configured the Runtime settings in Virtual User Generator.
- Designed scenario on LR Controller and Performance center for various tests.
- Verified the SOAP message delivery to the web services and verified the XML, JSON formatted response using the SOAP UI .
- Coordinated efforts with project team to communicate the bottlenecks and fine tune the application.
- Collate and analyze results after every test. Share the results with the application team throughdetailed report.
- Tested applications in different type of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari to simulate production environment.
- Shared Comparison Reports to analyze and differentiate between various metrics release by release.
- Coordinated with the team members and participated in review meeting with developers and business analysts for requirements analysis.
- Involved in Agile practice throughout the release process Stand Up meetings, Retrospective meeting & grooming sessions and was responsible for creating, updating & maintaining stories for various applications.
Environment: Load Runner, Performance Center, JSON, Site Scope, HP Diagnostic, Java, J2EE, Web Sphere, SQL Developer, JDBC, UNIX, C, SOAP UI.
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle; from Requirements phase to Maintenance.
- Identified and designed test scenarios using Functional Requirement Documents.
- Gathered business and functional requirements; prepared requirements traceability matrix(RTM), designed test scenarios and test cases, executed test cases, analyzed and prepared test summary reports.
- Involved in risk assessment and prioritizing testing activities; carrying out regression testing after code changes.
- Involved in requirement gathering sessions with business analysts to determine and create the functional requirement specifications.
- Performed Backend testing of the DB by writing PL/SQL queries to test the integrity of the application and Oracle databases using TOAD.
- Used Quality Center for tracking the requirements, creating test cases and reporting defects.
- Updated scripts for every release if any code drop occurs and execute scripts to get better response time and analyze results.
- Verified the SOAP message delivery to the web services and verified the XML formatted response using the SOAP UI.
- Worked in Agile environment and involved in Confidential processes.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Delivered projects with timeliness consistently while working in teams.
Environment: ALM, Performance Center, XML, HTML, SQL, Linux, MS Office, Windows XP, Java, Quality Center, Oracle, TOAD, .Net, SharePoint.