- Six years of IT Specialist experience and more than one year of Test Automation experience in testing Web based applications.
- Oracle Certified Core Java SE 8 Programmer.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level.
- Solid experience of Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins.
- In depth understanding of SDLC, STLC and Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Good exposure to Sprint Grooming and Sprint Planning sessions to analyze the Sprint Backlog items and providing proper estimates.
- Extensive experience in functional testing, smoke testing, positive, negative, and regression testing.
- Created and executed Test Cases and Test Data .
- Experience and good knowledge in various testing frameworks like Behavior - driven and Data-driven .
- Practical experience with User Story Sessions for creating User Stories with better Acceptance Criteria.
- Hands on experience in Cross Browser Compatibility Testing using Chrome, Firefox and IE.
- Proficient in Back-end Testing including writing complex SQL queries for testing data integrity and validating business rules.
- Hands on experience in testing Web Services for RESTful API testing using Java RestAssured Library and Postman
- Experience in Defect Tracking and test management using JIRA.
- Experience with Git and Github as source/version control system.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proven team player and self-starter, capable of working independently and motivating a team of professionals backed with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Testing Tools/Frameworks: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse IDE, JUnit, TestNG and GIT
Project Build Tool: Maven, Cucumber and POM (Page Object Model)
Tests Performed: Smoke, Functional, Regression and Data Driven (JDBC/Apache POI)
Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery: Jenkins
Languages: JAVA, HTML, SQL(MySQL and Oracle DB)
Test Management: JIRA
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum)
Web Services: RESTful
OS / Browsers: Windows (10/7/Vista/XP), MacOS-Unix / Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Test Automation Engineer
Confidential, McLean VA
- Analyzed business requirements, software requirement specifications to create test cases for manual and automation testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Responsible for developing and executing automated smoke, integration and regression test .
- Participated in daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retro meetings.
- Efficiently logged and tracked defects using JIRA .
- Used Eclipse as IDE for the creation of automation scripts.
- Involved in creation and development of Data-Driven Framework and Behavior-Driven Framework by using Page Object Model(POM) with Maven, Junit, Cucumber combination.
- Achieved Continuous Integration through Jenkins by building the framework using Maven.
- Performed Back-end testing using MySQL, Java, and JDBC.
- Used Apache POI for reading and validating the data from Excel files.
- Automated the functional testing scenarios and built the Automated Regression Suite.
- Performed RESTful API testing by RestAssured library in Java as well as using API tools such as Postman .
- Closely interacted with developers for bug fixes, debugs, and code developments.
- Conducted Jenkins training to other two team members.
IT Specialist / Automation Engineer
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
- Used Junit-Cucumber-Maven framework to drive the execution.
- Achieved Scheduling the build through Jenkins by building the framework using Maven.
- Create a BDD Cucumber framework using page object model.
- Developed a java application by using Java, Selenium WebDriver and Jenkins, which automated the school attendance system, and emailed a summary to the principal and teachers who did not take the attendance during the day. It saved $800 each year for the subscription and 30 man-hours.
- Developed a java program using Selenium WebDriver browser automation and data-driven framework with Maven and Apache POI . Reduced the time and effort (from 220 man-hours to 4 manhours) to enroll more than 1,000 students to the corresponding classes in the school system.
IT Specialist / Instructor
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Created a student dismissal program that call the students according to student number. Reduced the dismissal time by 20 minutes each day.
- Provided troubleshooting when needed through strong problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and ability to communicate technical information easily.
- Provided computer hardware and software maintenance support and maintenance for the company website.
- Provided training for the Instructional Technology products.
- Taught Robotics and Music Technology courses.