- Around Fourteen years of experience in development, deployment and Testing of Intranet, Internet, and Client - Server Applications.
- Responsible for developing Test strategies, Test scripts, Test cases, Test plans, Test procedures and testing standards, Test Metrics.
- Experience in Business Analysis, Design, Structured & Object Oriented Programming, Development, Testing and Tracking Defects.
- Worked in various facets of Software Development Life Cycle, extensive knowledge of SEI/ Capability Maturity Model, CMMI and IEEE Methodologies.
- Expertise in Manual Testing of applications developed on Windows and UNIX Environment.
- Extensive experience in performing Unit, Smoke, Regression, Integration, System, Interface, 508 compliant, Security, Concurrency, Backend, End to End,Load and User Acceptance Tests (UAT) for Web (N-Tier) (Loan,Lease,Banking, Mortgage(Securities),e-Pay,e-Reader,e-Grants and e- Applications ),Oracle Financials applications and Client/Server Applications.
- Very Good Experience in Testing E commerce applications developed using Web Technologies using Manual Testing and also PIV card Related Access Control .
- Proficiency in Automated Test Tools like Mercury’s LoadRunner, WinRunner, QTP.
- Excellent Scripting Knowledge of Mercury’s “Test script Language” and VB Script.
- Testing applications manually, testing the integration and implementation of large-scale systems for Internet and Intranet based applications.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing: Mercury Interactive Test suite (WinRunner, LoadRunner and Test Director), Rational Suite, Manual testing, MainFrame,QuickTest Languages C, C++, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, XML and HTML
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, Oracle, Sybase,DB2, MS Access XP/2000/97.
ERP: SAP R/3 4.6C,Oracle Financials
OS: Sun Solaris, MS Windows NT/2000/XP, MS Windows 95/98, AIX, HP-UNIX.
Tools: Visual Cafe3.0/4.0, Visual Age for Java 3.5, Visual Interdev, Visual Basic5.0/6.0, Developer2000, Rational ClearCase, Quest Toad and RUP.
Servers: WebLogic 5.1/6.x/7.0, WebSphere Application Server 6.0/4.0, Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6, Netscape Directory Server (LDAP),Access Server.
Validation Tools: CVS, PVCS.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Attended Knowledge Transfer sessions.
- Developed Initial Draft of Master Test Plan and Data Migration Test Plan.
- Reviewed and Analyzed business requirements, system and functional specifications, and business rules, and created functional breakdown test scenarios for black box testing.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Attended design review meetings.
- Delegation of work to team members on a day to day basis.
- Worked with team members to ensure testing deliverables are in compliance with the quality standards and deadlines.
- Used Rational Quality Manager to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests.
- Conducted System, Intersystem and End to End testing.Supported UAT 24 X7.
- Generated weekly reports for Test case development.
- Provide support to the development team in identifying real world use cases and appropriate workflows.
Environment: ETL,IBM Information Server, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Clear Quest and Rational Requisite ProConfidential, Washington, DC
- Reviewed and Analyzed business requirements, system and functional specifications, and business rules, and created functional breakdown test scenarios for black box testing .
- Designed the Traceability Matrix, comprehensive test plan, methodologies, integrated test cases, test process, and test procedures.
- Worked with team members to ensure testing deliverables are in compliance with the quality standards and deadlines and created daily test execution status reports and test matrix reports to managers and also acted as SME for the project .
- Served as testing tool (Load Runner) and standards expert within the QA group.
- Research tools, methods, technology trends to support automation objectives
- Ability to work on multi platform environments like Windows, UNIX with clear understanding of file system, environment variables and file transfer protocol (FTP).
- Used Test Manager to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and analyzed the server performance on UNIX OS.
- Created Scripts for the running of various Metrics using LoadRunner for performance testing.
- Managed the accounting periods,offsets using Oracle Financials .. and also worked on e-Pay,e-Reader, e-Grants and e-Applications for Granta Management System.
- Created Webtype of VUsers for HTTP protocol to emulate concurrent users, inserting rendezvous points in the VUser scripts, and created and ran different Scenarios for the application.
- Studied the Execution Log to understand all the Logged messages and the HTML code under Web-Virtual Load.
- Conducted testing on the servers using HP LoadRunner 9.5/9.1/8.1/8.0 to establish the load capacity of the server (increments of 100,200,400, 500, 1000 concurrent users to generate load).
- Provide support to the development team in identifying real world use cases and appropriate workflows .
- Involved in compatibility testing,508 testing, concurrency testing integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Scheduling the various stages of the Testing effort and weekly Project Status
Environment: Test Manager,IBM Clear Quest, HP LoadRunner 9.5/9.1/8.1/8.0, IBM Clear Case, Toad,SQL Plus, Perl, UNIX Oracle 9i, Oracle Financials, Windows and Unix, HTML, ASP, VB script
System Test Lead/Tester/UAT Test Co-ordinator
- Develop the Unit, System and UAT Test Plans
- Create Architecture Diagrams and RTM
- Build Unit, System and UAT test cases using Mercury’s Quality Center
- Perform System Testing for all the FR EUC’s
- Collect the before and after Evidences for the testing
- Coordinate the testing updates with the team, create reports for higher management
- Log and track the issues found in Mercury’s Quality Center
- Perform the Sanity test in UAT
- Conduct Interface testing with any external systems interacting with the applications
- Assist with getting approvals on testing artifacts
- Perform backend testing using My SQL
UAT Test Lead/Test Co-ordinator
- Coordinate Confidential testing approach.
- Development of Confidential test scope, test plan and strategy
- Test Schedule has been build in project
- Drafting of the Requirements, UAT test cases and defects in Quality Center
- Coordinating environment set up.
- Ensure consistency of standards used in testing planning, documentation, and execution.
- Design and coordinate overall execution of Sanity Test, System Test and also validated Negative test scenarios.
- Set-up and manage Quality Center test repository for RTF project.
- Train the different resources, teams on Mercury’s Quality Center Tool
- Organized Daily Touch Point Meetings to give updates regarding issues in System/ UATtesting
- Coordinate environment readiness - confirm setups & environment shakeouts w/ Development resources for each application.
- Coordinate test execution with business users
- Generate Reports from Quality Center tool to provide updates on test status for higher management
- Assist with the Interface Testing and Integration Testing
Environment: J2EE, EJB, Java, Servlets, JSP, Manual Testing,Unix, Quality Center and Windows NT/ 2000/XP
Confidential, StPaul, MN
QA Test Lead
- To write the test plan, test cases for the web application based on the functionality of the application
- Co-ordinate with the developers and the business line regarding the requirements
- Attended the Business line meetings, gave valuable input in terms of decisions and issue related to the project.
- Track the changes made to the requirements and updated test cases based on them
- Involved in storing, modifying and executing the test cases using Mercury’s Interactive tool Test Director
- Performed Functional,Integration,Regression, User Acceptance, End-End and BackEndTesting
- Data Synchronization between Client/Server and Web based Applications
- Performed Back-End testing using TOAD
- To attend the weekly status meetings and defect review meetings
- Involved in Production Validation of client and web based applications
- Validated process and verified that the application is reliable and meet all requirements for release.
- Held Daily Check Point Meetings to give updates regarding issues in testing
- Documented all the testing activities, processes and results.Experience with the GAP Analysis
- Defect Management was done using IBM’s tool Rational Clear Quest
- Maintained the Project Quality Metrics daily during the test cycle and weekly status to show the progress of the Manual testing effort to the QA Manager and the management.
- Provided the test data and test scripts for the performance testing and executed test scripts using LoadRinner,and automating of the application using WinRunner and later migrated to QTP.
Environment: J2EE, EJB, Java, Servlets, JSP, Manual Testing, Mercury’s Test Director, Mercury’s Load Runner, Mercury’s WinrunnerClear Quest,QTP, Oracle,MainFrame, TOAD and Windows NT/2000/XP
QA Test Lead
- Wrote Test Cases, Test Plans and Reported bugs.
- Determined test approaches for various testing strategies like Functional, System,Regression, UI, and UAT, Beta testing and executed Manually.
- Validated process and verified that the application is reliable and meet all requirements for release.
- Tracked the project and the timelines.
- Set up and maintained the administration portion of Test Director to manage the project
- Analyzing and importing test data from spreadsheets into Test Director using Excel.
- Setting up and maintaining the administration portion of Test Director to manage the project.
- Wrote Test cases for web based application and checked the functionality of the application.
- Worked as a liaison between the developers, project lead and the testing team.
- Held weekly meetings to keep the entire testing team updated with out testing schedules.
- Scheduled and supervised testing execution
- Reported the bugs in IBM’s Rational Clear Quest
- Used Test Director to create the test plan, store test cases and run the test sets.
- Involved in creating the test data and test scripts for the performance testing using Mercury’s LoadRunner and automating of the application using WinRunner
- Responsible for weekly status to show the Progress of the Manual testing effort to the QA Manager and the management.
Environment: J2EE, EJB, Java, Servlets, JSP, Manual Testing, Test Director,Mercury’s Load Runner, Clear Quest, WinRunner,Oracle, Unix, and Windows 2000
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Involved in writing Test plans and Test case for manual testing using Excel.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL-Plus.
- Helped users troubleshoot with Test Director.
- Granted user access to different teams for different projects in Test Director.
- Maintained requirements, wrote test cases using Test Director
- Involved in creating test procedures, test cases, test plan development and execution.
- Performed functional, Integration, Regression testing of GUI / Front end, viewing and analyzing results, Defect tracking, Defect reporting and documentation.
- Gave valuable input in terms of Modification Requests and Enhancement Requests.
- Involved in meetings and walkthroughs.
- Used Test Director to track and report bugs.
- Responsible for weekly status.
Environment: Manual Testing, Test Director, Java, Oracle on Windows and Unix platform.
- Involved in testing of an internet-based system that customer will access through a secure browser to electronically create payments for bills they receive in the mail, to pay their employees or even to make electronic transfers.
- Worked closely with manual testers and the development team in creating manual scripts using Excel.
- Responsibilities include, determine test strategies based on requirements, developed test plans and test cases and executed test scripts.
- Execute System, Integration, End-to-End, and user Acceptance Test (UAT) test cases for Web- based and JAVA applications
- Involved in installation of TestDirector, and used it for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and manage the defects and executing the test cases.
- Analyzed and imported test data from spreadsheets into Test Director
- Involved in creating test procedures, Test cases, Test plan development and execution.
Environment: Java, HTML, Oracle, Unix (HP), Windows, Test Director and Internet Explorer.