- Over 14+yrs of extensive experience in Information Technology industry which includes hands on expertise in Software Quality Assurance testing on Multimedia, Web - based, Client/Server, Mainframes and SOA Web Service applications.
- Strong expertise in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Test Strategy, Test Plan/Test Case development and execution, Defects management, Traceability Matrix creation for performing gap analysis, Test Evaluation Summary Report, Iteration Test Plans.
- Proficient in using Automated (Winrunner, QTP/UFT, Rational Team Concert) and Performance Testing Tools (Load Runner).
- Strong knowledge of using Single and Multiple protocols in LoadRunner VUGen like Http/Https, WebSevices, True Client, Web Click and Script, Oracle Web and Oracle NCA.
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Technical Writers, Development teams, Business Sponsors and QA teams in Waterfall and Agile/Scrum process.
- Proficient in using Test Management tools like Quality Center (Mercury & HP), Test Director, Requisite Pro, Quality Manager, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Silk Test, Rational Tools for Release Planning, Requirement Management, Test Planning, Test Management, Test execution, Defect Tracking, Test Metrics and Reports.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Use Cases, Release Plans for design and development of Test Artifacts and Defect Reports
- Actively utilize local Share Point during project release for document reviews and analysis.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing to test the response of the application under test by Data Driven tests.
- Experience in Compatibility, Cross-browser, Database-integration, Functional, Unit, Integration, Smoke, System, Mobile Application and Acceptance testing.
- Executed SQL Queries to verify the dataflow from the backend.
- Performed document reviews (formal and informal) of Test Cases and Test Plans.
- Attended daily Scrum meetings, Defect/Triage meetings, and Weekly Status meetings with development, Business and SQA teams.
- Provided Weekly Status reports of the team to management
- Good experience on MS Office tools.
- Managed on-site and off-shore team co-ordination including hiring, mentoring and performance appraisals.
- Experienced in Insurance, Health Care, Financial, Banking, E-commerce, Auto Insurance, Credit Cards, Retail, Marketing, Multimedia and Government industries.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills and ability to move easily between varied tasks, Documentation and Leadership skills, excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills, Selfstarter with the ability to work independently or in integrated team environment.
- Strong leadership qualities and Lead testers for a medium size team of 8-12 and project management tasks.
ERP: PeopleSoft (HRMS, Financials), SAP.
Languages: C, C++, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL, PL/SQL, .NET, TSL, VB Script.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, UNIX, Linux (Red Hat, Cent) and Windows 3.1, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows NT/XP/2000/98/7.
Databases: MS SQL Server 6.5, MS Access, Oracle 7.x/9i, DB2.
Version Control Systems: MVS, Clearcase & VSS.
Testing Tools: Win Runner 7.x, Load Runner 8.1, Test director 7.x, Crosscheck, SQA Robot, FireBug, Selenium, Silk Test, Silk Performer, JUnit, Eclipse (Familiar), SpringSource, J2ME, Blackberry, Selenium IDE 1.10.0, JAWS and Quick Test Pro (QTP) 9.0.
Mainframes: Unisys, First Data Resource (FDR), Total Systems (TSYS), Customer Administrative Management Services (CAMS), RumbaPro.
Management Tools: Rational Clear Case, Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS 6.0), Test Director, Quality Center (Mercury ver.8.2 and HP Ver.9.2, 10), HP ALM ver. 12/12.5, Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Clear Quest and Rational Quality Manager.
Network: TCP/IP, FTP, LAN.
Internet: Java, Java Script, ASP, JCL, HTML, XML, SOAPUI 2.0, 2.5.
Hardware: IBM Compatible PC, IBM Mainframe, Intel Pentium and HP Servers.
Confidential, Charleston, SC
Sr. Test Engineer
- Performed Unit, Smoke, Functional and Regression testing in Oracle Applications, OBIEE and web applications (Manual & Automated using QTP) in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Used Load Runner to create & execute multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, realtime output messages and of the features of the Load Runner Controller.
- Worked with Scrum Master(s), Development, Functional SMEs, Product Owners and crossfunctional teams for technical and functional requirement changes.
- Actively utilized Version One for managing and tracking User Story, Tasks and daily test activities.
- Actively used HP ALM for tracking Requirements, managing test cases, developing test sets, creating, reporting and managing defects.
- Actively utilized Share Point for Document Management.
- Supported end users during SIT / UAT test phases at the end of a Release.
- Mentored cross-functional team members with functional process.
- Worked and assisted cross-functional development teams for defect resolution.
- Attended meetings (Sprint Planning, Demo and Daily Scrum) and provided Retrospectives in Sprint cycle.
Environment: HP ALM ver. 12, HP UFT, SQL, PL/SQL, Share Point, Java, Oracle EBS, IE9/11, Windows 7/ Server 2008, HP QTP, Version One ver. 15.x.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression and Web Services (Manual and Automation) testing on web-applications (Benefits Management) in Agile/Scrum Test methods for VBMS project in contract with SPAWAR.
- Actively used RRC & RTC for Requirements, Defect Management, RQM for Test Management and Share Point for Document Management.
- Supported end users during UAT test phase at the end of Release.
Environment: IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM), IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), AIDE (Agile Integrated Development Environment) Share Point, Web based applications, JAVA, IE9, Windows XP and 7, Selenium IDE, SOAP UI, Web driver & RC, Spring Source