- An enthusiastic Software QA engineer with demonstrated working knowledge on SDLC, STLC, defect life cycle, requirement traceability matrix, test management tools, automating web applications with help of Selenium web driver and Java Environment in a CI Environment.
- Experienced in using open stack software tools and building automation frameworks from data driven / product oriented scenarios and Behavior driven development.
- A quick learner, detail oriented and solution driven person expertise in risk identification and analysis as part of manual and automation best practices.
- Strong working knowledge on different SDLC models such as Water fall, V - Model and Agile Scrum
- Expertise in analyzing requirements, designing QA strategies, test plan and test case documents and developing automation frameworks for the AUT (Application Under Test).
- Proficient in design and develop of automating testing frame works of the software system functionality, GUI, Web services using tools like Selenium Web Driver, Appium mobile simulator, and SOAPUI.
- Extensively proficient in Functional GUI testing, Regression testing and Exploratory testing .
- Proficient in developing functional automation testing frame works from scratch using Selenium Webdriver, grid TestNG and Cucumber.
- Experienced in conducting manual and automated testing, defect logging and tracking of defects and testing metrics using test management tools like HP ALM (HP QC Enterprise edition, HP ALM Performance center with load runner ) and JIRA.
- Hands-on experience in developing frameworks such as Page Object Pattern, Data driven, BDD and Hybrid frameworks.
- Good knowledge on Unit testing frameworks such as TestNG and Junit
- Experience in performance engineering and performance testing using Apache Jmeter and web services using SOAPUI.
- Sound knowledge on writing complex SQL queries in testing Oracle and MySQL databases .
- Windows95/98/2000/XP, UNIX Waterfall, V-Model, Agile Scrum Oracle, My SQL, MS-SQL Server Java, Python, and C#
- Selenium Web Driver, Grid, Appium Apache Jmeter, HP QC Enterprise, HP ALM TestNG, Junit
- Quality Center, Test Rail, Jira Maven
- Jenkins and Bamboo HTML, CSS, XML
Confidential, Stillwater, MN
QA Jr. Automation Engineer
- Designed and developed a framework which automates the quote comparison process between current release and previous release as per system requirements.
- Worked on tool selection process and demonstrated Proof of Concept on framework which can address all the regression challenges.
- Performed database testing to ensure data validation and data integrity.
- Developed usability test plan and test cases to test the satisfactory user experience.
- Performed installation testing on different devices.
- Worked in customization of the framework to compare quotes with different file types.
- Worked in a development of GUI using Auto IT to load the quotes and initiate java class files from the command line for comparison.
- Implemented Selenium (with Java) and TestNG class files to grab the catalog item changes along with product information from previous release to current release and highlighted catalogue changes from cycle to cycle.
- Executed selenium automation scripts on cloud using Sauce Labs for cross browser and cross platform testing.
- Demonstrated working knowledge on using Cucumber behavior driven development tool.
- Developed an in-house automation tool using open source libraries which has minimized the regression execution time from 240 hours to 50 minutes per release.
- Implemented hybrid framework using Page object pattern and Data Driven framework.
- Extracted data from excel file using Apache POI libraries and databases using JDBC connection.
- Performed cloud testing using sauce labs for both cross browser and multiple device testing.
- Participated in daily standup, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
- Implementing a framework for the desktop application automation using Ranorex to create quotes for the regression testing.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Worked with APP Web Services team to understand the platform tools and technology, understand data sources and PASW application portfolio. I have done document analysis and reviewed requirements from SIPD.
- Extensively involved in Risk analysis, Securities and their valuation, Asset Management (risks and returns), Asset Allocations, Bond pricing, Financial Derivatives, Cash flows, Financing Structure, Portfolio Analysis, Market Data.
- Worked on requirements analysis from PI - Personal Investment and WI - Workplace Investment areas.
- Worked with Data Conversion team, performed data integrity and data completeness testing after migration by using modular driven and TestNG hybrid framework with selenium webdriver in a continuous development environment.
- Prioritize the requirement and test scenario mapping, test matrics with help of HP Quality center.
- Used Atlassian JIRA for User Story management, wrote Sub-tasks for QA work items, wrote test cases for test scenarios based on Acceptance Criteria as defined in JIRA .
- Participated in Daily stand-up for status reporting, worked with Delivery team in AGILE planning, backlog grooming, provided input in retrospective meetings and delivered demo’s in Sprint review meetings.
- Created manual Test Plans and Test Cases for PASW/APP web services development project using HP ALM.
- Tested Web Services for RESTful Clients and methods - PUT, GET, DELETE and POST functions.
- Used SOAP UI Pro to test request/response and ensured data in XML is matching to user profile on the enhanced platform.
- Worked with Business teams in defining business Use Cases, test plans for business scenarios and conducted Acceptance testing, recorded defects from business priority in HP ALM and worked on defect resolution.
- Performed regression testing, executed targeted regression test suite from Web Services platform to ensure all scenarios are tested, passed and a mitigation plan was documented for failed scenarios.
Environment : Apache Tomcat 7.x, HP ALM, SQL Developer, SOAP UI, RESTful Client, SOAP, Web Service APIs, JIRA, Confluence, Office 365, Stash, Sitescope, Oracle 10g, Sybase
QA Jr. Engineer
- Reviewed Business Requirement documents (BRD), Software Requirement specification (SRS) and prepared Test Plan of a healthcare based laboratory management platforms.
- Took part in requirement walkthrough meetings and prepare designing and development of test plan, test case scenarios and RTM as per ISO/IEC 25010 as per client requirements.
- Worked closely with the development team to get QA activities done effectively.
- Extensively involved in Build verification testing and Functional testing
- Fully involved in defect triage meetings
- Developed requirement traceability matrix (RTM) for tracking and ensuring all the test requirements have been tested
- Used back-end database SQL queries to perform data base testing
- Documented Manual Test cases, Test procedures and Test results
- Extensive Web Testing & Black box Testing
- Developed Data Driven automation framework using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG to automate functionality requirements of healthcare platform .
- Worked on
- Worked on report testing of the generated protocols from the system generated data reports of different patients (application platform generated versions versus actual versions)
- Data validation and data integration testing using complex sql (Micro soft visio studio) in order to verify recorded data from test environment.