- To obtain an opportunity as a QA Automation Engineer /Analyst in the field of Quality Assurance of Software Development to add more values and satisfaction to the business of the client .
- Over 7 years of Experience in Software Testing using Manual and Automation Testing of Web - based and Client/Server applications.
- Professional Experience in Health Care , Finance, Mortgage and Insurance applications.
- Expertise in Preparing Level of Effort Estimation, Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Involved and provided input to all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- In depth understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle and Defect Life Cycle .
- Well versed with V Model, Agile Scrum and Waterfall models .
- Experienced in Ad-Hoc Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration, component and system, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced in using HP Testing Tools ; like Quality Center, QTP, ALM and UFT.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver), Visual Studio.
- Experience in Working with Test Automation tool Tosca, and creating and executing manual as well as automated test cases with Tosca automation tool.
- Experienced in Test Automation framework design and development and expert in developing Data Driven , Keyword Driven automation framework in Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing (QTP and UFT).
- Experienced in Programming Application Interface testing with SoapUI and Unified Functional Testing.
- Developed and executed test automation scripts using Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing .
- Experienced in creating VB Script Functions and maintaining in Function Libraries .
- Expertise on regression tests for data transformation and also proficient in loading and analyzing the quality of the data using UFT / QTP .
- Strongly experienced in writing Descriptive programming and working with shared Object repositories in UFT / QTP .
- Experienced in Black Box testing with a complete QA Life cycle - through Development, Analysis, testing, Defect logging, and verification of fixed bugs.
- Well experienced in Test Cases Preparation, Execution, Traceability matrix, Bug analysis and Reporting using HP Quality Center.
- Strong skills in backend testing using SQL Queries on Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server.
- Involved in test strategy planning, scheduling, and risk analysis, reporting and tracking.
- Used QTP for functional testing, regression testing, UAT and SIT testing.
- Possessed high technical aptitude and high level of analytical ability.
- Strong written & verbal skills in order to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Software QA Analyst
- Developed Test Cases , Use Cases and Automation test scripts . Other activities included test execution , report generation .
- Performed test plan and test strategy walkthroughs with business and team for approval purposes.
- Created and maintained test scenarios and test cases in MS Excel and loaded into QC ALM.
- Performed various types of testing such as Functional/Features , E2E business workflow, Smoke/Sanity , System and Integration , Back-end testing , Interface testing , and UAT .
- Worked with the automation team to derive the automation framework and strategy using the available automation tools.
- Performed the feasibility study as far as what to automate and what not to
- Created Regression Test Suites mainly to perform regression testing on various builds during different test cycles.
- Drove defect identification , tracking and resolution , conducted defect's meetings.
- Developed and/or helped develop risk based test strategies and Plans. Presented quality strategy and plan to project and business sponsors.
- Performed data analysis & validation by writing complex SQL join queries .
- Responsible for testing and analyzing the data availability in the databases using SQL queries .
- Performed extensive backend testing using SQL statements to verify the data in the reports.
- Used SharePoint site for uploading and maintaining all the documents.
- Developed detailed Test plans and Test Cases, Defect tracking and reporting through TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Attended daily and weekly meetings for status updates
- Worked closely with the users during UAT
- Performed root cause analysis (RCA) for any critical issue found during test execution with developers and business team.
- Completed test documentation (conditions matrix, test scripts).
- Captured and reported quality metrics for QA testing phases.
- Assisted with user acceptance test (UAT) activities as needed.
- Host Team meetings to give the project status updates and discuss for any technical issues in the project that are faced by team members.
- Attended Daily Scrum , Sprint Planning and Review meeting in dynamic Agile Scrum
- Fully trained in implementing Tosca Automation tool to current and future projects
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Tosca, SoapUI, IntelliDB, MS Office, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, Java, Java Script, J2EE, .Net, C#, VB, and Windows.
Software QA Analyst
- Developed Test Cases, Use Cases and Automation test scripts . Other activities included test execution, report generation.
- Worked on an Agile development environment - consisting of many iterative releases with extensive celebrations between the DEV, QAs and the BAs.
- Involved in regression test planning , Manual - automated test executions and test result analysis .
- Participated in Testing documentation reviews and walkthroughs, including those for Test plans, Test cases, Test strategies, Test Summary Reports.
- Participated in Test result evaluation, documentation, and relevant reporting.
- Involved Keyword Driven Automation Framework design, including setting up Coding Standards , Naming Conventions and Folder Structures .
- Analyzed the Regression Suite , Identified and prioritized test cases for test automation development .
- Developed reusable functions with Descriptive Programming and maintained in the function libraries.
- Developed Master Scripts with VB Script and kicked off test script executions on demand.
- Used Regex Pattern , Error Handling and conditional loops to enhanced the automations scripts.
- Kept Environment Variables for URLs, username and passwords in XML files for UFT test data.
- Used HTML DOM and XPath to identified dynamic objects from web application for UFT .
- Developed utility functions in VB Script to handle Outlook, Excel, Word for test automation framework.
- Extensively used File System Object in VB Script to dynamically handle files and folders for test automation framework in UFT .
- Developed automation scripts for daily shakeout and monitored the test results in daily basis.
- Designed Batch Testing Plan for the Hot Fixes and Production Releases with UFT batch executions.
- Identified and added critical scenarios which were not covered in the Regression Inventory using GAP analysis.
- Involved in Impact Analysis and Estimation for Requirement Change Notice (RCN) and Change Request (CR).
- Involved in Script Maintenance and Script Execution in UFT using ALM.
- Participated in determining test environment and test data needs.
- Communicated defect impacts and dependencies across iterations using HP ALM.
- Involved in Back end testing using SQL Quires.
- Attended Team meetings to give the project status updates and discuss for any technical issues in the project that are faced by team members.
- Attended Daily Scrum , Sprint Planning and Review meeting in dynamic Agile Scrum Environment.
- Analyzed and communicated test results to management. Made recommendations for product improvements wherever necessary.
Environment : QTP, Quality Center, MS Office, Visio, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, Java, Java Script, J2EE, .Net, C#, VB, and Windows.
Software QA Analyst
- Responsible for Analyzing Business Requirement Specification ( BRS ), Software Requirement Specification ( SRS ) and User Requirement Document ( URD ).
- Developed artifacts with resource requirements and time estimates .
- Developed Test Plan , Test Scenarios , Test Cases , and Test steps for various Business Services/methods covering both Positive and Negative testing requirements.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to verify and validate the exact targets for email and direct mail campaigns.
- Designed and Developed Hybrid Framework in QTP to perform automation testing for the AUT .
- Created user defined functions with VB Script and Descriptive Programming in QTP to increase the reusability and maintainability of the test automation framework.
- Use Regular Expressions in identifying objects with varying names and titles every time a test is run in QTP .
- Performed Data Driven , Keyword driven and Hybrid Framework using QTP and managing data in QC .
- Skilled in writing VB script for creating descriptive programming , Function library , Optional step using QTP .
- Executed scripts on QA and UAT Environment to perform Regression Testing using QTP .
- The projects followed Agile methodology , where developers, users and testers worked together to create Stories, Document requirements by interviews and analysis.
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development Team, QA Manager, and worked closely to define Test Scope , Gap Analysis , Risk , Dependency and Constraints.
- Provided to other employees on testing best automation practices .
Environment: QTP, LoadRunner, Quality Center, TFS, Visual Studio, Rational, MS Project, Windows Server, Oracle Database, TOAD, ASP.Net, C#, COM/DCOM, MS SharePoint.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Software QA Analyst
- Responsible for writing and execution of System Test plans and Test cases by reviewing the business requirements document, and technical specifications document.
- Actively participated in Status reporting meetings and interacted with Developers to discuss the technical issues
- Prioritized Manual test cases based upon the Business Requirements and selected the Test cases that need to be automated in QTP .
- Developed Hybrid framework using UFT / QTP and generic keywords were implemented.
- Responsible Functional and Regression testing by QTP during the various phases of the product development.
- Developed QTP Test Scripts by Descriptive Programming and enhanced the scripts through Parameterization , Synchronization , Regular Expressions , Customized Exception handling with VB Script.
- Extensively used SQL queries to verify the Database Tables.
- Reported software defects and worked with business analysts and developers to resolve technical/functional issues with HP Quality Center .
- Supported UAT test issued by working with end-users and technical staffs and documented UAT test results.
Environment : Quality Center, QTP, MS Office, SQL Server, Oracle, Windows, UNIX