- Over 7 years of IT experience, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Web based and mobile native applications.
- Experience in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, requirement gathering, development, deployment and maintenance of web - based and portals based object oriented enterprise applications.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC/WebDriver, and Selenium GRID), Junit, TestNG, Eclipse.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Junit, Selenium WebDriver, IDE, Grid, ANT and TestNG.
- Expertise in Bug reporting tools such as HP ALM, Quality Center, JIRA, and BugZilla
- Extensive experience in the Quality Assurance and Automated/Manual testing of web based, Client/Server applications using Black Box and White Box testing techniques.
- Experienced in Selenium Data-Driven Framework with core Java programming and Junit/TestNG annotations.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Proficient in Continuous Integration using tools like Jenkins to improve quality of the product.
- Experienced using Web/Mobile-debugging tool like Fire Path, Firebug and Object Spy for finding elements locator.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Knowledge in Agile development and Scrum methodology.
- Experience in both Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC) and Agile Project Environment.
- Expertise in formulating Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test Approach and set-up testing environment, including both Manual and Automation testing of the applications.
- Experience in SQL including writing complex queries.
- Hands on experience in GUI testing using Autoit.
- Conducted testing of mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience in testing webservices using SOAP UI and Postman
- Organized team meetings, team building activities and documented requirements for the projects managed.
- Detail-oriented energetic team player, motivated with multi-tasking capabilities, problem solver, and hands-on leader with exceptional presentation and client/customer relation skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills; accustomed to working in both large and small team environments.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC
Languages: JAVA, XML, C, C++, Java Script, HTML, SQL
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework
Web/Mobile Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug, Object Spy
Perfecto: Cloud Mobile Automation
Processes: Waterfall, Agile, Use Cases and UML
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM, BugZilla
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Browsers and Mobile: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, iOS and Android
Application: Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, 7, 8) Mac
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed Manual Test scripts by analyzing product use cases, and requirements as well as technical design and implementation artifacts to create test cases that execute the specific product functions.
- Analyze the User requirements in Rally and identify the features and functions to be tested in the Agile Method.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium WebDriver for further test creation and execution.
- Performed performance and load testing by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensively involved in identifying test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver for writing Automated Scripts with Java.
- Developed automation framework to test SOAP based WebServices using TestNG.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the script.
- Performed GUI, Functional and Regression testing by automated using Selenium, TestNG and Jenkins .
- Performed black-box testing, white-box testing, integration testing and regression testing on the applications.
- Participated in internal and cross functional code and design reviews.
- Performed Mobile testing with iPhone and Android phones as well as tested tablets as per the client requirement.
- Conducted Mobile Testing using Selenium on IOS and Android.
- Wrote the Test Case for Mobile Testing and executed that using Automation Tool Selenium.
- Used Perfecto cloud-based testing tool to continuous test and optimize mobile apps
- Responsible for logging the bugs in Quality Center and Rally to report the issues to the clients.
- Used Rally Dev as defect tracking tool.
- Used SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the table and to perform Backend Testing.
- Played a key role in production releases and perform UAT test of the system.
- Worked with an integrated team of developers, project managers, and business and testing analysts.
- Contributed to Team Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepared reports by collecting and summarizing information to include providing accurate data for project reporting as well as a weekly personal status report to in the assigned template format.
- Worked in cooperation with all members within organization and project.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, TestNG, Perfecto Cloud, Quality Center, Eclipse, XPath, Rally, Jira, Xcode, Android Studio, agile, SQL and Mac.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Web Application Tester/Mobile Testing
- Conducted comprehensive tests of web applications for clients in numerous sectors including academic and healthcare.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed and executed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts for Manual and Automation Testing.
- Worked in agile environment on testing iteratively against newly developed code until quality is achieved from an end customer's perspective.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).Contributed in framework creation.
- Created unit test cases for business component and worked on API server-side System level test cases using TestNG.
- Developed functional/regression scripts utilizing Gherkin, Cucumber, Ruby and Watir framework for web application reaching thousands of agents throughout thirteen states.
- Developed and design necessary test plan and test scripts for functional and performance testing using, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins and Jmeter.
- Involved in using Jenkin s as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Used Firebug/Firepath to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Used Maven, SVN, Selenium Web Driver, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Involved in SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for Web Services testing.
- Created SOAP UI projects for testing the integration of SOA Broker with the Federated Security component on Windows platforms.
- Developed test scripts for web services using SOAP UI.
- Performed end-end testing core mobile applications based on different platforms and operating systems.
- Hands on experience in complete Regression testing on Mobile App and Mobile Web by reviewing the source code after each build for every sprint.
- Extensively used XPATH , Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the JIRA for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Responsible for keeping up with the test schedule and interacting with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
- Actively participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings and daily bug triage meetings and interacted with developers and business analysts to ensure high quality of the application under test.
Environment: s: HTML,, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Ruby, Firepath, Firebug, XPATH, XML, Eclipse, Jmeter, Jira, SVN, Agile, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Web Application Tester
- Involved in the Sprint planning for user stories, time estimations and derived the QA tasks.
- Involved with the Technical team and Product owner to understand about functionality.
- Set up automation environment from scratch.
- Involved in writing Test Cases and Test Procedures based on the Test Plan.
- Created Automation test in Page Object Model framework using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Perform and validate positive, negative, system, cross-browser and integration testing
- Worked on Web-services applications, using SOAP UI tool, to create a Web Service Test from SOAP request and validate the response against the database.
- Used TestNG to build testing framework from scratch.
- Performed end to end testing for the whole project and created any defects found while testing the application in JIRA.
- Performed API Testing using SoapUI.
- Exported Test Case Scripts in Eclipse IDE and modified the selenium and executed JUNIT framework.
- Involved in Smoke Testing (in each build), System Testing, Functional/Non-Functional Testing, Regression Testing (in each Sprint), Cross-Browser Testing, End to End Testing, and supported UAT.
- Used JIRA to log Defects and close out defects.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to extract data from Oracle Database, and performed data validation.
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers and business users.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data.
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Test Director.
- Used Team Tracker as a defect management tool.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Identifying bugs and interacted with QA Lead and Developers to resolve the issues of on bugs.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
Environment: Test Director, MS Visio, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, VSS and UNIX.