- Highly experienced Lead/Senior Quality Assurance Tester/Analyst with over 15 years of experience working on leading - edge technologies and latest software testing methodologies seeks a suitable Managerial, Lead or senior level position in a High-profile company.
- Successfully managed in-house and off-shore software Quality Assurance Testing teams ranging between 2 to 20 resources at a time.
- An innovative person with extensive working experience in high profile Healthcare, eCommerce, Financial and Technological companies of North America.
- Experienced in establishing and implementing various testing and analytical methodologies & processes, procedures and policies to achieve business objectives.
- Experience in walkthroughs and testing of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Team player with leadership qualities to coordinate works and lead technical teams for various projects from time to time on a project-to-project basis.
- Ability to deal tactfully with people and exercise good judgment in developing and presenting alternatives.
- Ability to perform well under deadline pressure and curious, inquisitive, and creative out of box thinker.
Languages: VB 2005 and C# on .Net Framework, C, C++, SQL, Pascal, TSL, COBOL, FORTRAN, Unix Shell scripting
Databases: MS SQLServer 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 7x, 8x, 9.i, 11g, UNIX, DB2, MS Access 2.0/97/2003, SQL Anywhere, MSSQL 7.0, MySQL
Software: MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Visio, OneNote, Project, Lync), SQL Server Management Studio 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle SQL Developer v4, Visual Studio 2005, IBM Rational DOORS, Clarity, Master Control, Nuance PDF Convertor 7, SnagIt 10
Big Data Technologies: Apache HADOOP, Apache Hive, MySQL, Apache Pig, Apache Sqoop, HiveSQL, MapReduce (MapR), ETL Grids, Bedrock
QA Automation Tools: Quick Test Pro 8.2/9.2, WinRunner 6.0, Web Test, Load Runner
Platforms: Web-based, Client Server, Stand Alone, Mainframe, Secure Cloud Portals
Project Management Tools: MS Project 2007/2010, HP ALM 11, HP Quality Center 8.0/9.0/10, CA Agile Central (formerly Rally), TeamTrack, Test Director 6.0, Lotus Notes 4.6
Web Services Tool: SOAPUI 4.5.1
Service Utilities: WinSCP 5.5, Putty, WinZip 16.0, WebEx, SharePoint, Notepad ++, FileZilla, Nortel VPN Client, Cisco VPN Client, Host Explorer (Mainframe), PKZip
Mainframe Utilities: MVS JCL, MVS TSO, ISPF
Browsers: Internet Explorer 4.0/5.0/5.5/6.0/7.0/8.0 , Mozilla Firefox 21.0, Google Chrome, Netscape 4.6/4.7/7.0/7.1
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/2000/ME/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, MS DOS
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sr. QA Lead
- Currently working as Senior QA Lead on a couple of very high profile projects of the company and the details are highlighted below:
- The first project is called ‘Polaris’, which would be the UnitedHealthcare’s new platform for processing claims. This project will reduce a huge number of applications currently involved in the system and reduce them to a very manageable size of applications, thereby reducing a lot of processing time and saving huge revenue.
- The work for the above project is split based on the Value Streams/Market Events. I am responsible for managing System Integration Testing for 3 different initiatives under Quote to Cash and Confidential Integration Layer. The SIT duties include conducting daily/weekly status meetings, defect triage calls, daily scrum calls, issue resolution/escalation/remediation activities, etc.
- The SIT coordination work includes various types and flavors of applications including web-based, legacy systems and client/server applications. Some of these apps and systems include FACETS, PHS NICE, Wonderbox, ACET (Salesforce based), iCARE, IVR (voice interactive) etc.
- This project is being developed/tested on a 100% agile based methodology and all project activities are being managed in CA Agile Central (formerly Rally). ALM is also used for creation and execution of test cases as well as defect management and reporting.
- The other project I am currently involved with my work on Big Data technology of the company. I am working on an application called Data Fabric being part of the DF QA Team. This application manages Big Data flowing between various applications/systems of the company. The framework used is Apache HADOOP build on HIVE database managed through Map Reduce jobs on BDPaaS platform. The concept is to bring huge data files into Data Fabric through ETL layers. Once they come into Data Fabric, the UNIX servers are used to manage and store the data. The Big Data technologies are used to manage the data.
- The QA tasks on the Big Data projects are to test the flow of data into the Data Fabric through its various stages. First, the data from the source systems is ingested into DF using the Bedrock interface (which is specifically built to execute the workflows designed to control the data managing jobs). Next, the Data Quality check are run and tested on the data through Bedrock workflows and validated through UNIX interface using HiveSQL queries. Finally, the data is provisioned out to the target systems using the relevant workflows from Bedrock interface.
- My other day to day responsibilities for both of the above projects include reviewing the business requirements, preparing project estimates for QA tasks and resources, creating and reviewing the test strategies and test plans with business partners, creating and reviewing test scripts and test cases.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Worked as a QA Lead responsible for managing a new project for Confidential &B called SBFE (Small Business Financial Exchange) along with local and offshore team ranging from 5 to 15 resources, where some of the duties included resource estimation and allocation, preparation of S.O.W’s (statement of work), QA Task analysis and estimations, project meetings, status meetings, preparing software documentation including Project Plans, Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, reviewing, updating and approving test procedures and test scripts, providing guidance about the projects, setting up test environments for the test teams, resolving issues faced by the team during the test planning and execution stages like access to software, systems and environments, conducting daily, weekly and periodic status, review and defect remediation meetings with the relevant project teams on the project activities.
- Successfully completed the 1st phase of the SBFE project called Data Acquisition which involved ETL and Data warehouse activities. The incoming data from outside vendor was massaged, cleansed, extracted, matched with Confidential &B data and loaded into Confidential &B databases after transforming into the Confidential &B standard data for the purpose of creating new attributes and scores. These processes required a lot of data analysis, manipulation and verification using complex SQL queries on the Oracle DB and execution and validation of jobs and their results.
- Participated in meetings with the project managers and other key project team members as well as the Business partners to understand the complex requirements and technical specifications of the project and conducted the KT sessions with offshore team members on the same.
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
- Worked at Confidential (a UHG division) as QA Lead responsible for leading teams on multiple projects ranging from 2 to 20 resources. The projects were different in nature related to print media, web based applications, stand-alone applications and mobile devices.
- Responsible for reviewing the business requirements, preparing project estimates for QA tasks and resources, creating and reviewing the test strategies and test plans with business partners, creating and reviewing test scripts and test cases.
- Managed teams working on the projects completing the QA tasks. The tasks included performing manual and automated testing of the functionalities. The projects were managed in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM, which is Quality Center’s version 11.0) and Rally Software while QTP was used to automate the regression tests and Performance Center (Load Runner) was utilized for performance testing activities.
- Worked on the HIX (Health Information Exchange) project for the State of Massachusetts as a Consultant. The responsibilities were to review the issues/defects existing in the system being transferred to Confidential from the previous vendor and prioritize them based on the PROD release date of Nov 2014. The defects were logged in Jira.
- Worked as QA Lead/Project Manager on EOB Transformation project of UnitedHealth Care, which is in compliance of the federal government’s mandate to the health insurance companies (Medicare & Retirement) to send out a consolidated EOB (Explanation of Benefits) document to their members on a monthly basis. Responsible for managing the UAT/E2E activities for the project by engaging various teams involved in the effort. Managed daily meetings with the systems and participated in UAT preparation works (creating test plans, test cases, uploading them to ALM, defect logging and remediation, data selection and preparation for testing, manage resources and activities in the project plan, participate in BRD, PRD, IRAAD and Change Control meetings etc.).
- Worked on a web based application called PIM (Provider Information Management) based on Java framework running on Apache Tomcat server and Oracle as the backend database. The application was hosted on the secure Confidential Cloud portal. The other integral component of the project was a data warehouse/ETL processes involved on the backend of the project for the provider directory database, which was tested extensively through SQL queries used in Oracle SQL Developer and running backend ETL jobs. The testing also involved web services calls made between the outer system sending requests to the PIM services for data retrieval using SOAPUI. Also performed performance testing for the application using Load Runner. Leading a team ranging from 3 to 12 members during the various phases of the project.
- A web portal project called eCommunications Inbox designed in Java running on Oracle database. Lead a team of 3 QA Testers on the project. The testing involved web services calls made between the outer system sending requests to the Inbox Solution for data retrieval. Also performed regression testing using HP QTP tool.
Confidential, Fairfield, NJ
QA Lead/Senior QA Analyst
- Worked as Lead/Senior QA Analyst managing an offshore team of 3 to 20 testers and managing 6 major clients of the company.
- Responsible for managing software Quality Assurance Testing teams which includes resource allocation, project meetings, status meetings, providing software documentation including Project Plans, Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, reviewing, updating and approving test procedures and test scripts, providing guidance about the projects, setting up test environments and VMware test images for the test teams, resolving issues faced by the team during the testing and getting daily, weekly and periodic updates from the teams on the project status and progress.
- Major responsibilities included testing the CRM model and Analytics applications designed using C++ and Visual Basic running on MS SQL Server 2000 and 2005 database. The latest CRM version 11 was a web-based application designed on .Net framework leveraging the ‘Smart Client’ technology. The CRM application was also installed and rigorously tested on hand-held device and later the application was made available and tested on mobile devices.
- Worked as HPQC Administrator to manage the administrative tasks of HPQC creating new projects and project domains, assigning roles to users, adding and deleting users, creating and customizing reports etc. Also working on the upgrade of HPQC from version 9.0 to 10.0.
- Prepared time estimates for QA activities for new projects and enhancements, arranging QA resources and assigning tasks and attend status meetings with higher management, business analysts, development teams, Database Administrators and QA Integration teams at various phases of the project on regular basis.
- Involved in performing backend database testing on Data Warehouse/ETL and Quality/Interfaces on the SQL server 2005 through SQL queries. The testing was done by creating test scenarios in the Database tables and comparing the actual results against the database and by verifying the Error messages generated by the Interface execution.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and updating Standard Operating Procedures of the QA department according to the industry standards and Software Quality requirements.
QA Lead /Application Testing Analyst
- Worked as a QA Lead and managed resources on various projects managing on-shore and off-shore software Quality Assurance Testing teams ranging from 5 to 10 resources, which included resource allocation, project meetings, status meetings, providing software documentation including Project Plans, Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, reviewing, updating and approving test procedures and test scripts, providing guidance about the projects, setting up test environments and VMware test images for the test teams, resolving issues faced by the team during the testing and getting daily, weekly and periodic updates from the teams on the project status and progress.
- Mainly involved in testing all aspects of 2 major web-based applications called DBIA Canada and DNBDirect.
- As an integral part of testing the DNBDirect and DBIA Canada websites, was heavily involved in printing the customer reports to test the report formats and other important characteristics of the reports.
- Participated in meetings with the project managers and other key IT personnel in order to create and adopt a company-wide methodology for use in the project development lifecycle and recommended Agile methodology for the same, which was eventually adopted for all the projects.
- Carried out extensive web services and web content testing on the websites developed for internal users to fulfill the order fulfillment and customer reporting purposes.