Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Tester professional offering years of Telecom experience with industry leaders in Information Technology primarily in Quality Assurance, with experience in testing backend, client server and web based software applications and application support roles. Well versed in a variety of technologies and SDLC methods, an excellent trainer, facilitator, coder, tester and documentation. Extensive experience in using software testing methodologies and processes with demonstrated ability to design, develop and execute test strategies, test plans, test scripts and test data. Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail. Highly self motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure. Experience leading a team of QA testers and collaborative environment.
Operating Systems: MS Windows XP/2000/NT, MS - DOS, UNIX/Linux
Languages: C++, VB, HTML, XML, Java Script, ASP, Visual Basic, VB Script
QA Tools: HP ALM, QTP/UFT, MediationZone, JIRA, Selenium, HP ALM Quality Center, MS Office, SQL, ESP, dSeries,Clarity, Sharepoint, Confluence, Jenkins, Oracle DB (SQL),(GIT and/or Stash) Code repositories, Active Directory Explorer
Networking & Protocols: Basic Knowledge in Networking
Mainframe: Cobol, Assembler, CA7 and ESP Schedulers, JCL, VSAM, FileAid, TSO/ISPF, Syncsort, DB2/SQL/QMF
- User, Business and System requirement analysis.
- Test plans formulation and writing Test cases, Test scenarios and prepare Test Data.
- Requirement gathering, analyzing and documentation.
- System, Functionality, GUI, API, User Acceptance & Integration Testing.
- Manual functional/integration testing.
- Extensive knowledge with HP Quality Center as a Site admin.
- Telecom industry and Billing and Provisioning experience.
- Managing a team of QA testers.
- Managing multiple QA test environments.
- Experience leading and testing multiple projects.
- Onshore and offshore team management.
- Experience testing backend systems.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Lead onshore and offshore quality assurance teams on multi-million dollar projects/initiatives.
- Utilize JIRA and Confluence with Agile and DevOps methodologies for software development and QA processes.
- Plan and execute end to end testing, UAT testing and regression testing across multiple functional teams.
- Use Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, and potential problems.
- QC/ALM & JIRA admin supporting workflows, test environments, software patches, upgrades, and user group management utilizing LDAP Active Directory authentication.
- Upgraded QC 11.00 to ALM 12.20 for Verizon enterprise impacting over 12.000 active users.
- Built and support JIRA projects requiring customization such as issue type, workflows, screens, fields and roles.
- Managed Active Directory Object Management (ADOM) groups and service IDs to manage multiple JIRA project user roles.
- Created user guides and trained new users on ALM, and JIRA.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain QTP/UFT automated test scripts.
- Proposed and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
- Documented software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Designed test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures based on specifications and requirements for technically complex software projects.
- Use ESP or Control M job schedulers to trigger and monitor bill cycle jobs and processes.
- Use server logs, events, etc. to debugging and researching issues in both the QA and Production environments.
- Replicate issues in QA environment as well as communicate resolutions and workarounds to Production Support.
- Utilize SQL statement to insert, delete, and update DB tables to validate test results.
- Experience with hands on of Web Services, SOA, XML, SOAP, and REST API’s.
- Experience with supporting UNIX servers and full awareness of OS and a variety of commands including the ability to read and test UNIX shell scripts.
- Experience in frontend and backend Billing/ Rating and Provisioning testing utilizing SQL and XML request.
- Configured WF’s and WFG’s in MediationZone to assist team in testing.
- Extensive knowledge of both Verizon Telecom and Confidential standards and practices.
- Maintain multiple test environments involving environment refresh activities coordinating continuous code deployment, database DDL and DML updates throughout the release cycle.
Environment: MediationZone, Oracle, XML, SQLDeveloper, FileZilla, Putty for UNIX, QC/ALM 12.20, JIRA,ESP, dSeries, Clarity, Active Directory Explorer
QA Senior Technical Analyst
- Developed test strategies and test plan for functional and integration testing.
- Verified requirements through data queries
- Create automated scripts via QuickTest Pro (QTP) for Regression testing utilizing functional libraries, checkpoints, data tables and ADODB database request.
- Attend test case reviews and develop test cases and test plans that are imported into QC.
- Assisted in for Call Center reps.
- Tracked incident records, evaluate systems performance, and working with the user community.
Environment: QC/ALM, Java Script, HTML, Visual Basic, ASP, MS SQL QTP
QA Systems Engineer
- Designed and developed functional and integration test scripts using Test Director.
- Traveled to regional switch and retail store locations to exercising test scripts for wireless phone activation's, and PRL (Preferred Roaming List) upgrades.
- Provide onsite user and regional field support.
- Developed and executed Loadrunner scripts to performance test the RSS provisioning UI.
Environment: Test Director, Windows, Unix, Loadrunner.
QA Systems Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Develop and execute test scripts in a CMM Level 2, Use Case, and SQA process environment.
- Communicate with developers and End Users as to the progress of projects.
- Track trouble tickets giving project status to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Projects include the development and testing of GTEW Internet online Billing, Wholesale Express, and Client server Siebel Retention Save and Track.
- Assisted the local Switch QA group with (Lucent & Motorola) system upgrade testing. Included traveling to switch locations and wireless handsets.
- Worked with the Field Engineering group to test Confidential Electronic Data Transfer from the switch to the Billing system.
Environment: Test Director, Loadrunner, Siebel, Unix, Windows
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Managed and implemented functional test scripts, and release schedules.
- Using ESP, scheduled and monitor system operations and abend analyst.
- Provide first line technical on-line and off-line support to the customer.
- Develop test tools using Clist, Assembler, and File-Aid utilities.
Environment: DB2, ESP, CICS/IMS Clist, Cobol, Assembler, C++, JCL.