- Strong knowledge of the SDLC, QA Testing Process.
- Experienced in testing Client/Server and Web based applications both Backend and Front - end.
- Experienced in participating in Entire QA Life Cycle - Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process.
- Efficient in writing Test Plans and Test Cases based on business requirements and use cases.
- Using a combination of manual and automated QA test methods and adjusting test strategies to meet desired goals.
- Experienced in working with clients for gathering requirements and done analysis on ambiguities found.
- Understanding of complex test requirements and able to formulate test planning and design approaches to support requirements.
- Experienced in both Black Box and Grey Box testing for functionality testing.
- Experienced in Creating, executing tests, generating the test reports and creating graphs.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and with database.
- Practical Experience with Selenium WebDriver and Selenium IDE.
- Experienced in scripting in Java including web technologies HTML, XML, Web services, CSS, Java Script.
- Extensively experienced in using the Web Debugging tools Firebug, Firepath and Xpath.
- Extensively experienced in using IDE Eclipse for developing enterprise level applications.
- Experienced in developing Data-driven testing with Selenium.
Platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone
Networking: LAN/WLAN, Internet, Intranet, HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP
Test Automation: Selenium Webdriver
Bug Tracking: Bugzilla, Mantis, JIRA
Virtualization: VMware, VirtualBox
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, MSIE
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Software QA Tester
- Tested a Mobile app that creates sharable mini videos out of the content available from multiple sources.
- Tested a Web application that provides a personal work out builder from professional sportsmen and models
- Prepared Test Traceability Matrix to confirm the test coverage and mapped it with Test cases
- Interacted with developers and business Users to communicate the defects and actively participated in replicating the bugs and performed regression testing using JIRA.
- Created Test Data using SQL; Wrote SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Coordinated Acceptance Test processes and documented and addressed all the issues during the process.
- Interacted with the development configuration and operation's team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
- Responsible for testing of new functionality and enhancements, regression testing, system end-to-end testing, functionality testing, block box and gray box testing, integration testing, negative and adversarial testing.
- Created, executed Test Sets and maintained documentation of test results
- Monitored and tracked defects/risks and managed through resolution using Bugzilla.
- Performed complex queries for data validation in SQL statements.
- Analyzed test results reports and test cases results and determined causes, and created detailed and comprehensive defects reports.
- Facilitate enhancement and maintained the current Test Environment in Eclipse using Java.
- Participated in the test environment setup ensuring that the facilities, test tools and scripts are in place to successfully perform the required testing effort by Regression Team.
- Enhanced regression test cases to implement complex testing scenarios, increased permeations of functionality testing, and increased code coverage using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed functional test automation and execution processes in a web environment using data-driven development with Selenium WebDriver.
- Enhanced the current Hybrid Framework using Selenium custom functions, for functional and regression automation testing.
- Used Selenium Grid to run parallel test on different browser and OS configuration.
- Checked the response of the application, when more than certain amounts of users are using application at the same time.
- Generated and automated various Daily status, weekly reports, and Monthly and Quarterly reports.
- Generated defect status report, QA status reports, Risk Analysis documents, Requirements Traceability reports, Test Execution and test results summary reports.
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implemented QA methodology.
- Participated in analyzing the user/business requirements, functional specifications and use case documents to create the Test Plans and Test cases for System testing.
- Created the detailed test plans, test cases and executing it.
- Involved in Smoke, Integration, Functional, Regression, Exploratory and Production testing.
- Developing test plan and test cases using web tracker.
- Implemented the test case and test process with project time frames.
- Compared clients live site with development sites.
- Involved in testing text, navigation bar, links, and design.
- Tested cross browser functionality of browser as well such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Involved in driving the implementation of automated Functional and Regression tests using Selenium in Junit framework.
- Performed and monitored of live applications and assisted in first line application support.
- Worked closely with business analyst and developers.
- Followed system development life-cycle (SDLC) process.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancements and Modification Request issues.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Website Quality Assurance (QA) Tester
- Testing an IT education application features including e-learning tools, exam software and event registration functionality.
- Created and maintained test plans and acceptance criteria.
- Worked with project management and development team to create test schedules and tasks
- Managed and re-tested software defects until resolution.
- Reported, tracked, and monitored defects in the internal defect tracking system