- 2+ year experience in manual software testing.
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and its methodology like Waterfall, Spiral, Iterative and Agile and experienced with iterative and agile(scrum).
- Talented in carrying out all stages of Software Testing Life Cycle from requirement analyses to closure.
- Skillful in analyzing requirements, ability to find defect in story during early stage.
- Proficiency in creating different test cases and test steps for story and robust knowledge of Traceability Matrix bug management tool so as to perform mapping between test cases and requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Entrance and Exit Criteria, for decision making, test strategy and test summary.
- Proficient in carrying out Defect Life Cycle from open bug to closed, ability to found and log the defect.
- Skillful in retesting and regression testing of defects to make sure that the older programming still works with the new changes.
- Logical understanding of black box, white box, grey box testing and alpha, beta testing used in support.
- Vigorous knowledge of Unix commands, to check the server.log, Catalina.log and output.log.
- Good understanding of XSD, XML and HTML to design web pages, store and transfer data.
- Hands on SoapUI technology, for web service inspection, invoking, development, simulation and mocking, functional testing, load and compliance testing.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and has ability to validate back end data using DDL,DML,DCL,TCL commands.
- Robust knowledge of simple query and complex query or Join, to validate user interface with database.
- Basic knowledge of automation testing and Selenium tool, play and record the data.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and good judgmental skills.
- Desire to learn, adaptable, persuasive, competitive, enthusiastic in nature.
Project Management Tool: Jira, rally
Defect Management Tool: Zephyr
Application Server: Apache Tomcat
Database and Database Language: MySQL, SQL, MS Access
Database Browser: Heidi SQL, workbench
Web Technologies: HTML, XHTML, XML, XSLT, CSS, Servlet, JSP
Programming Language: Java, C, C++
Other Tools: Eclipse(mars, neon), putty, plink, WAMP, XAMPP, soapUI, confluence
Student Software Tester
Confidential, Englewood, CO
- Followed two-week sprint in agile(scrum) methodology on cric-drive project.
- Analyzed requirements for Admin login and Scorer login modules and performed preventive testing.
- Authored detailed test cases and correspond test steps for different components like New Match, Ground Detail, Add Fixture, Flood Lights, Add Squad, Add Score and Pagination.
- Implemented mapping between requirements and test cases to form Traceability Matrix.
- Participate in internal peer review, on add squad page and made modification according to the feedback.
- Executed Smoke Test as part of entrance criteria to ensure high-level functionality of admin, scorer and user interface modules also verified GUI-mapping.
- Performed Component Test on New Match, Team, Date, Venue and Ground Details etc. components.
- Executed Integration Testing by combining both admin and scorer module.
- Implemented Boundary Value Test for minimum and maximum number of players and umpires in team.
- Performed retesting as well as regression testing after bugs get fixed and made Test Executional Report.
- Performed Mobile Testing for T3 mobile application, worked on e-mail validation, response time, registration form, courses, events, contact us and on other functionalities.
- Worked on customer facing UI, Wrote and executed SQL queries - to ensure that the matches and the team information entered by the admin, and the scorer is correctly logged in the MySQL database.
- Worked on Selenium IDE as record and play, automation testing for Add Squad modules.
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
- Followed iterative methodology for Confidential project.
- Gathered domain knowledge and understanding of how enrollment process works.
- Analyzed the requirement and understand them completely and suggested some change requests to business analyst if necessary also analyzed requirements for Student login page, courses & result page.
- Authored detailed test cases and correspond test steps from BRD in ms-word for different components like enrollment form, scholarship form, result form, Confidential courses, home page and contact page.
- Performed Traceability Matrix between requirements and test cases.
- Participate in internal peer review, then made changes according to the feedback from co-workers.
- Executed Smoke Test to ensure high-level functionality of system.
- Performed Component Test on contents of about us, phone no., e-mail id, enroll id, sex, address, name of student, course name, course duration, scholarship criteria form, contact, news and events etc components.
- Executed Integration Testing by combining student information module to examination module so as to display result online and to provide grading to their certification.
- Implemented Boundary Value Test for minimum and maximum number of student in one batch/course. performed usability testing to ensure ease of navigation and general appearance of the Confidential website.
- Performed functional testing on various features and sub-features to make sure that the application works as per the requirement.
- Participated in CCB meeting for decision making related to verification, regression testing, and validation after every enhancement or bug fixes
- Performed compatibility testing of the Confidential application in different web browsers.
- Worked on MySQL database, wrote and executed SQL simple and complex queries - to ensure that student information get logged in the MySQL database and its easy to delete, insert and update student information.