- Over 15 years of experience in testing various .NET, C# and Java based Web applications in Insurance and Telecom sector
- Strong experience in various phases of STLC and SDLC.
- Proficient working in Agile/Scrum using Team foundation Server & Waterfall methodologies.
- Exposure to the automated testing tool Duck Creek TAC,Good understanding of Selenium
- Expertise using defect tracking tools Bugzilla and Team foundation Server.
- Proficient in backend testing using XML,database testing and ETL testing,webservices and API testing.
- Proficient in planning, estimation, creation, and execution of Test strategy, Test plans, Test scripts for medium to large sized complex projects.
- Expertise in Manual Software Testing, System testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Database testing, GUI testing based on project requirements and system specifications for large complex systems.
- Excellent analytical skills, Self - directed, team-oriented, customer and quality focused.
Testing: Functional Testing, system Testing, Regression Testing, smoke testing, Integration testing, and GUI Testing, UAT Testing,ETL Testing Test planning
Testing tools: Mercury Winrunner7.0, Mercury Test Director, Bugzilla, Team Foundation Server, Selenium.
RDBMS: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access
Client - Server: Visual Basic 6.0 /5.0
Operating Systems: Windows, Windows XP
Source Code Control: CVS, Visual SourceSafe
RAD Tools: Microsoft Visual Interdev, FrontPage, Microsoft Visual Studio
Domains: Insurance, Telecom,School Management,Asset Management
Senior QA Consultant
- Worked on Policy administrative system and various other systems including claims, Billing,Consumer Portal,Conversion,ISO reporting.
- Responsible for developing Business requirements, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Design of various systems and projects
- Expertise Working on Agile/ Scrum using Team foundation server
- Creating and executing the automated regression test cases using automation testing tool TAC and selenium.
- Worked on various data migration projects from old legacy systems to the new systems that includes verifying the migrated data in to the new systems.
- Responsible for mapping business requirements into the test scenarios and test cases to the accuracy.
- Collaborating with various Cross functional groups (Underwriters, technical team, business, Agents) throughout various project lifecycle phases.
- Expertise in Manually rating the policies
- Testing Heat tickets generated through Underwrites or an agent and providing the detailed analysis
- Participated in system integration testing.
- Bug verification and giving walk through with the developer's about the open bug's status as required.
- Responsible for defect tracking and reporting the bugs using team foundation server.
- Test development, test enhancements, and test execution of the application
- Presentation of the QA Status report and the Defect Status reports in the weekly meeting, Interact with developers to resolve issues
- Experience working with offshore team
Platform: C#, .Net., MS SQL Server, Windows XP,Team Foundation Server, Agile/Scrum, Duck Creek TAC
QA Team Lead
- Worked as Team Lead
- Studied System requirements specifications (SRS) and developed Test Plan which specifies testing overview, testing approach, testing strategy, roles and responsibilities and scope of testing.
- Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Effort Estimation, Progress Report, Summary Report, Signoff report
- Coordination with Component teams for various problems faced during the testing, and ensure to get a quick solution
- Coordination with all the components delivery Managers to have an overview about the projects updates and developments
- Presentation of the QA Status report and the Defect Status reports in the daily, weekly meeting Interact with developers to resolve issues.
- Managing and mentoring the entire testing team
- Evaluating the updates of the AUT and taking a decision whether the system is ready for SIGNOFF.
Platform: Oracle9i, Citrix Server6.7, Toad, Java1.3, Mainframes
Senior QA Engineer
- Design, develop, maintain, and execute test cases and test scenarios.
- Create and maintain test data sets on web environments for new functionality in .NET and regression testing.
- Performing all types of testing as Functional, Regression, Smoke, System, and Integration Testing. System Testing, GUI testing, and Load and Performance testing.
- Mentoring other QA analysts in the use of testing methodologies.
Platform: C#, Microsoft .NET, MS SQL Server, .NET remoting.
- Analyzing requirements and Lower level designs
- Collaboration with the onsite management staff to derive design and test specifications.
- Design, develop, maintain, and execute manual test cases
- Create and maintain Test scenarios
- Maintain & report the bug life cycle.
- Performing the Database Testing on SQL server
- Performing various types of testing as Functional, Regression, Smoke, System, and Integration Testing., GUI testing
Platform: Bugzilla, Windows XP, IIS and ASP.Net, Sql server
- Ability to perform as both an individual contributor, and team-player
- Keen desire to learn, and grow continuously
- Motivated self-learner with strong sense of ownership
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills