- Software Test Engineer having 5+ Years of industry experience in the area of Software Testing (Manual and Automation) with a solid understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Reporting & Tracking.
- Good Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test methodologies
- Well acquainted with the phases of Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life cycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team
- Good Knowledge of Object Oriented programming Concepts(OOPS) and Java Skills
- Experience with Functional testing in web - based, Mobile and Mainframe (Insurance and Banking Domain ) applications
- Experience in working in domains like Banking, Retail/e-commerce Mortgage and Insurance applications.
- Good experience in DataDriven and Hybrid Testing.
- Experience in Functional, Regression and System testing using Manual and Automated testing tools - Selenium Web Driver.
- Good Experience in writing XPath to locate web elements.
- Proficient in Test Automation using UFT (Formerly QTP) and Selenium Tools.
- Experienced in giving training to the functional testers to execute Test Cases using QTP/UFT as part of Regression Testing.
- Expertise in performing different types of Testing: White Box (Unit Testing, Integration testing), Black Box, Smoke, Functionality, Regression Testing and Full Life Cycle Testing.
- Worked on Cross browser testing, browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and IE using WebDriver
- Strong Experience in Automating Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver with BDD framework.
- Strong Experience in Java Programming, Selenium WebDriver, Page Object Model(POM) and Cucumber Approach .
- Well versed with Handling Elements in Selenium WebDriver.
- Writing Test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and Gherkin Language.
- Executing Selenium Test Cases and Reporting defects.
- Experience in Data driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel Test execution using Selenium WebDriver
- Strong Experience in Automating Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Writing Test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Proficient in devising all the artifacts of testing such as Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Defect Reports and Test Summary Report
- Self-motivated and highly ethical in all work related assignments thus able to immediately contribute to corporate goals and objects
- Good written, communication, interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical mind bent to problem solving and delivering solutions.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10
Test/Defect Management Tools: HP ALM, JIRA
Programming Languages: Java, SQL basics, VB scripting
Testing Skills/Tools: Manual Testing in Web, Mobile and Mainframe, Automation in UFT and Selenium
WORK EXPERIENCE DETAILS:
QA Tester/ Analyst
- Prepared and Executed Test Cases for Functional and Integration testing.
- Attended review meetings with Business Analysts, Developers and end users to understand and test according to their requirements
- Developed test cases, reviewed and Involved in Functionality ,and Regression Testing.
- Involved in software acceptance testing and production release procedures throughout SDLC
- Documented the successful or unsuccessful completion of each test condition in the Test Director script repository and verified actual results against expected results for discrepancies
- Conducted system and integration testing, debugged the software errors and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Enhancing Scripts like scripting, customizing and then parameterized
- Have a complete working knowledge and have been involved in all project phases from startup through deployment. (Startup, defines, design, build, test, deploy).
- Worked with both Traditional (waterfall) approach as well as Parallel project styles.
- Responsible for entering bugs into an automated bug management system and performing regression tests after the bugs were fixed.
- Performed End-to-End testing, Ad-Hoc testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in Web services Automation Testing using SOAP UI.
- Maintained detailed test logs and report test results in Test Director
- Participated in test plan and test cases review meetings.
- Worked closely with business experts and developers in order to perform my duties
- Responsible for Backend testing by executing SQL statements
- Interacted with developers for status of the bugs and re-tested the fixed Bugs
- Analyzed the defects and categorized them based on severity
- Problem reporting and tracking through the use of Test Director (Quality Center)
- Close interaction with members of the development team
- Manually perform backend testing using TOAD to validate the data migration efforts with Oracle.
Environment: TOAD, Soap UI, Quality Center/ALM, Agile Methodologies, SharePoint, Mainframes
- Involvement in the System Test Plan Preparation and Requirements Streamlining.
- Involvement in Preparation of Test Procedures, Test Scenarios, Cases and Test Data.
- Acted as a single key resource for the entire team for the particular application to provide data for both manual and automation testing teams.
- Understand and analyze the requirements of the new functionality and create/provide data by conditioning.
- Sole ownership of complete data conditioning team
- Became an SME (Subject Matter Expert) within short span of time in this project, and leading the team of 12 Members
- Extended the role responsibilities as an automation tester by doing both conditioning the data for execution and expertise in working on Selenium TestNG and Cucumber framework.
- Responsible for GUI and Functional Testing, using Black box Testing Techniques.
- Involvement in Test Execution, Results Analyzing and Defect Reporting.
- Created Test cases Using Element locators and Selenium Webdriver methods.
- Enhanced Test cases using Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Execution of Selenium Test cases and Reporting defects.
- Conducting Data driven testing, cross browser testing and parallel test execution.
- Enhancing the Test Scripts for Global Execution.
- Involvement in solving Environmental problems along with Technical Support People.
- Involved in Regression Testing using Selenium
- Preparation of weekly and monthly status reports.
- Build out a test suite to cover system-level automated smoke, regression and functional tests using selenium
Environment: UFT, SeleniumWebDriver, ALM /Quality Centre, Apache POI, Cucumber BDD, TestNG XML, Extent Report