- 5 years of industry experience in the field of Software Testing (Manual and Automation) with a solid understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Reporting & Tracking.
- Well acquainted with all the phases of SDLC and STLC .
- Extensive working experience in an Agile and Scrum development methodologies.
- Expertise in understanding and analyzing the Test Requirements, Tracking changes and maintenance of Test Requirements.
- Extensive experience in performing different types of testing including System Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Database Testing, User Acceptance testing and Web Service testing.
- Strong experience in Automating Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Strong experience in Java programming, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Well versed with handling Elements in Selenium WebDriver.
- Writing Test Cases using Element locators , WebDriver methods , Java programming features and TestNG annotations.
- Executing Selenium Test Cases and reporting defects.
- Strong Experience in using defect tracking tools like JIRA, HP ALM/QC and TFS.
- Excellent experience in working with various databases like SQL SERVER and Oracle .
- Solid Backend Testing experience in writing and executing complex SQL Queries.
- Strong experience in writing SQL queries to find test data and to perform validation testing .
- Involvement in Test Estimations and Test strategy implementation.
- Proficient in devising all the testing artifacts like Test Scenarios , Test Cases , Defect reports , and Test Summary report .
- Self - motivated, energetic and highly ethical in all work related assignments thus able to immediately contribute to corporate goals and objects.
- Good written, communication, interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical mind bent to problem solving and delivering solutions.
Languages: Java, HTML, CSS, Java Script, C#, .Net, XML and SQL.
Testing Tools: Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), WCF Test Client, JIRA, HP Quality Center (QC/ALM) and Bugzilla.
Automation Tools: Selenium Web driver, TESTNG framework, C# coded UI and SOAP UI.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix and Microsoft windows server
Databases: Microsoft SQL server, Oracle database.
Methodologies: Water fall, Agile (scrum), V- Model, Risk based testing.
- Conducted Automation/manual testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application.
- Documented and executed Test plans , Test cases and Test scripts based on business requirement document.
- Involved in developing Test plan and Test scripts using the business documents in Quality Center (QC) .
- Involved in Automation Infrastructure Development using Selenium Webdriver .
- Created Test Cases using Element locators and Selenium Webdriver methods .
- Enhanced the Test Cases using Java programming features and TestNG annotations .
- Executed selenium Test Cases and reported defects.
- Involved in Testing in Agile Development Environment Using TDD and ATDD approach.
- Performed functional testing manually and constructed positive and negative test scenarios as per requirements.
- Tested extensive backend testing using SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the database and checked data integrity.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually and was associated with User Acceptance Testing.
- Maintained detailed test logs and reported test results in Quality Center .
- Participated in test plan and test cases review meetings.
- Attended review meetings with Business Analysts, Developers and end users to understand and test according to their requirements.
- Closely interacted with the developers in fixing the bugs.
- Involved in writing test summary reports, defect summary report, and final report.
Environment: Visual Studio, TFS, MTM, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, MS SQL.
- Took a leading role in test automation and manual testing, actively involved in creation of detailed test plans test cases and test scenarios for different application modules according to functional requirements and business specifications.
- Collaborated with the stake holders in the quality assurance and development process.
- As a member of the Scrum team participated in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Completed quality assurance testing of developed applications and identified code areas that needed improvements.
- Involved in Automation Environment setup using Eclipse, Java, Selenium Webdriver jars and TestNG.
- Designed Test Cases using Selenium Webdriver and TestNG.
- Developed complex SQL queries during End-to-End testing stage.
- Lead initiative for proper detailed documentation of QA reports.
- Extensively involved in designing test plans and requirement traceability matrix (RTM).
- Identified and tracked the defects in Team Foundation Sever (TFS).
- Created test data required for testing.
- Identified the test cases and documents everything in MTM.
- Performed Web Services testing using Microsoft WCF Test Client.
- Developed C# automation test cases using VSTS.
- Gave Client Demos before delivering the application.
Environment: Visual Studio, TFS, MTM, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, MS SQL, WCF Test Client.
- Developed Test plans based on an understanding of the business functionality and the software testing methodology.
- Reviewed the User Requirements Document and prepare the detailed Test Plan and Test Criteria for the testing effort using Quality Center.
- Performed Performance Testing to identify abnormalities in the web application.
- Conducted Multi-User, Smoke and System testing.
- Worked with Software Development teams in resolving Defects, Conducting defect Root Cause Analysis, and resolving requirement and design inconsistencies observed.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- All the issues that came up during the testing process were tracked and logged in Quality Center (QC) as defects.
- Maintained status reports and communicating with the Management regarding progress of work.
- After successful development and testing of the product, participated in User Acceptance Testing, product release and deployment to end-user.
Environment: HP Quality Center/ ALM, MS SQL.