- Solutions - focused QA tester with seven years testing experience; high-level proficiency with QC and QTP toolsets; and a foundation in Java, VB Script, SQL, Linux/Unix and monitoring tools.
- Excel in creating test plans and writing/running automated test scripts to pinpoint software defects, track bugs, close open defects and validate functionality. Serve as a value-adding member of QA teams.
TECHNOLOGY & TESTING PROFICIENCIES:
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle
Business Applications: Microsoft Office Suite - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Mobile Operating Systems: LINUX, UNIX, Windows, Android, Blackberry OS, IOS
Mobile Devices: Iphone, Ipad, HTC, Samsung android devices, Blackberry, Windows phone
Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), HP Quality Center (QC) HP LoadRunner, SoapUI
Bug Reporting Tools: Test Director, Quality center, Bugzilla, JIRA
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL Server
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Involved in analyzing business requirements and preparing Test Plans based on User Requirement Document (URD) and prepared the Test Scenarios, Test Cases using Quality Center
- Coordinated with the QA Manager, business analysts and developers on requirement issues.
- Participated in project meetings, QA status meetings and release meetings.
- Write test cases to test the mappings and workflows and analyze the cache assigned
- Exported test cases and requirements for MS Excel to Quality Center.
- Imported and exported data from and to Excel to and from QTP.
- Developed detailed Testing Strategy for the entire application and developed various test cases.
- Functional testing the new developments / enhancements.
- Analyzed and tested various reports produced by the application.
- Developed Manual scripts using Quality Center to perform functional and regression testing.
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application
- Created test data for testing specific billing functionalities.
- Work involved testing and reporting bugs using bug-tracking system (Mainframe Based System) and verification of bug reviews with Development team.
QA Mobile Tester
- Involved in automation as well as manual testing.
- Created test plans and wrote test cases
- Followed the Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Used agile systems and strategies to provide quick and feasible solutions, based on agile system, to the organization
- Performed testing on mobile phones/tablets with IOS and Android operating systems
- Enhanced script by creating standard, text, bitmap and XML checkpoints; parameterized scripts for data-driven tests
- Performed root cause analysis regarding any bugs/issues found during mobile testing
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Android OS, and IOS
- Set-up, co-ordinate & conduct system & UAT testing with Business Analysts and end-field users after the applications were all set.
- Tested Web Services using testing standards like validating XML and WSDL
- Performed rigorous manual testing such Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, UAT Testing, Backend Testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and System Testing
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data driven testing on the application inserting different data in excel sheet using QTP
- Logged defects in UAT Environment.
Confidential, Downtown Chicago, IL
QA Mobile Tester
- Developed and Documented Test strategy, scenarios and Test cases, test plan in accordance with the Business Requirements Documents
- Strongly participated in manual and automated testing.
- Used to develop Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and executed them in test lab (QC/ALM) and excel sheets.
- Tested functionality of app on IOS devices, Android devices, Windows operating systems and Mac operating systems
- Extensive use of SQL Queries
- Developed and executed the Test Cases for Integration, system, and UAT Testing.
- Raised and track the defects in QC/ ALM 11.0, using appropriate snap shots, and log the defect using iPhone configurability for IOS
- Ability to work using cross functional using agile Methodology.
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, Tablets, PC, Android and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and currency conversions were displaying as required
- Performed Regression Testing, Functional, UAT and Ad-hoc testing.
- Tested web, links, buttons and different modules related to mobile web and e-commerce.
- Used QTP for automation and Jira Tool for Bug Reporting and Tracking for application while Coordinating only with vendor and to track reported defects.
- Individually Tested web services using SoapUI
- Found and Reported critical defects that are IOS, Windows and Android specific.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows
- Converted Business Requirements and Design Documentation into Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Created description object with specified properties and values during run time, to use instead of logical names in test scripts.
- Performed Web testing to check for broken links in a page.
- Performed Security testing and Backend testing manually.
- Used Quality Center bug tracking tool to analyze & capture bugs, track and manage dashboard any type of updates for project release.
- Edited QTP scripts to include Check points, Expression values, Keywords, Parameterization etc.
- Used Agile Methodology to minimize risk by implementing software development in short time boxes or iterations.
- Performed backend testing for data validation using SQL Queries..
- Performed Acceptance, Usability, Cross-Platform and Regression Testing during different stages of the application development.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity and interacted with developers to resolve them.
- Extensively used Microsoft Office Suite of products for documentation and data interpretation.
- Participated in Triage Meetings, weekly status meetings with IT and business people.