- 8+ Years of Experience in Manual testing and proficient in quality Assurance of Client Server, Web applications, Main Frame Applications using Black Box testing techniques.
- Expertise is broad in scope, including system software testing, creation and documentation of test strategies and test cases and regression test bed setup.
- Expert in testing large scale Web/ecommerce, telephony applications and Bank applications.
- Experience in agile and water fall SDLC methodology and different levels of testing.
- Good exposure to Process based Test management tools and creating Test Plans, Test Cases, system Specification Analysis documents, record results, issues and test reports.
- Extensive experience in Functional, Integration, Regression, System Testing, User acceptance & System Integration & Performance Testing for Web and client/server systems.
- Experience in Back end Data base testing by using SQL queries and statements.
- Strong experience in software testing process including planning tests, Writing test scripts, executing tests and tracking defects.
- Exposure to different operating systems like Windows NT, Win2000 Server and Windows XP.
- Experience in working with MS SQL Server and MS - Access databases.
- Experience in working quality center for planning and running test and also tracking defects.
- Good experience in writing T-SQL stored procedures, user defined functions,
- Strong Analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic professional with an appetite to learn new technologies and functional domains.
- Team player as well as self - Starter.
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center 11.52 / Jira, Test Director 7.0/8.0
Automated Test Tools: Quick Test Pro 8.0/8.2, Load Runner.
Languages: VBScript, SQL
Databases: MS - SQL Server, MS-Access
Internet Technologies: HTML, XML, ASP, IIS, CSS
Documentation Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 95/98/2000/NT, UNIX, MS-DOS
Application Server: WebLogic Server, IBM WebSphere
Confidential, Portland, OR
Software Test Lead
- Create Test plan from the Requirements.
- Create Test scenarios/test cases
- Participated in Weekly Review meetings and Team meetings.
- Hold defect calls with BA, Defect coordinators and Developers
- Defect logging and tracking
- Following up with other interfaces of the Application flow, like front end Inputs.
- Updating Testing status to the PFAM Test lead.
- Reporting and Summarizing at the end of the project.
- Coordinating with other Team members for the updates of the Testing.
Confidential, Portland, OR
Software Test Engineer
- Project Spartan was the complete overhaul of the credit card underwriting system at Confidential .
- This new process simplified the overall workflow and recordkeeping while improving visibility and auditing traceability.
- This new process allows for easier support for credit strategy adjustments without the need for major coding changes, resulting in fewer strategy and decision matrices, decision flows and data transfers between ACAPS and the Integrated Card Services (ICS) systems.
Confidential, Portland, OR
Software Test Engineer
- Responsible for Integration, UAT testing and Regression Testing.
- Testing Mainframe applications.
- Participated in Reviewing BRD and Test Planning.
- Responsible for creating Test Scenarios, Test case Construction.
- Responsible for framing whole testing Setup in The ALM
- Responsible for gathering Test data and maintaining the Share Drive for the project.
- Expertise in lending domain with credit cards and loans.
- Updating the daily activities from the Team meeting into the system.
- Follow up with the BA for the new issues in the Test plan and Approach documents.
- Running the test cases and reporting the defects/ Bugs.
- Follow up with the Developers for the Defects and closing them.
- Making summary reports at the end of the projects.
- Responsible for Test Management from end to end scenarios and delivery of the products.
- Actively involved in training the new team members in transferring the knowledge
- Collaborated with clients and business analysts to ensure high-value applications development.
QA Test Engineer
- Responsible for functional, system, Integration and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). understanding and implementing of UAT testing methodologies and practice
- Conducted user acceptance testing to ensure that developed systems satisfied the needs of business clients as specified in the functional requirements.
- Participated in reviewing Business requirements and functional design.
- Worked on Quality Centre usability, test case review and writing traceability matrix.
- Interface with application/business users, requirements group, programmers, architects, system analysts and other integrated application leads.
- Responsible for creating test scenarios, test cases, input data, reports and system problem logs for each test phase.
- Experience testing the web applications in iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry mobile devices
- Experience in using SQL to write data mining queries for analysis and test cases.
- Coordinate test activities with Billers and on-shore development resources and manage testing activity with internal customers, subject matter experts and other supporting teams.
- Create test data and test unbilled usage in test environment.
- Responsible for testing new functionality added to the system/software.
- Responsible for creating data requirements and submitting to the Billers.
- Co-ordinate with the Billers to get correct data for testing.
- Major role in solving the problems with Billers data.
- Responsible for testing all telephony activities in the Billing System.
- Managing the team activities and submitting the results to higher management.
- Involved in functional and Regression testing.
- Using SQL queries at inner join level for billing system testing.
- Created Test case flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Developed, performed and coordinated test and quality assurance activities.
- Worked on Quality Center for defect logging and defect tracking.
- Assigned pass or fail status and managed UAT testing results.
- Responsible for creation and updating of QA Plan.
- Identified and developed test scenarios with business users to test application against functional requirements.
- Involved in Functional, smoke testing and entire testing life cycle.
- Wrote and reviewed the test cases.
- Prepared and maintained the Quality Assurance related documents.
- Analyzed data by using SQL Plus query analyzer.
- Extensively used automated test tools like win runner and QTP for functional and regression testing
- Worked with developers and testers in resolving all defects in testing.
- Executed System and Regression testing.
- Tested the business specific scenarios to make the product robust and accurate as per the business needs.
- Responsible for training the new team members for transferring knowledge and closing working with the Lead for all the updates in the projects and training the new team members.
Environment: HP Quality Centre 10.0, XML, XML SPY, SQL Navigator 6.1, SQL Server, Java/ J2EE, Web Services, Web Logic 10.3
- Involve in creating test plan.
- Responsible for creating data requirements.
- Responsible for getting test data from vendors.
- Involve in attending review meetings and getting signoff from stakeholders.
- Involve in setting up test environment.
- Develop Test cases for User Interface, Security, Functional and Regression testing.
- Supporting (UAT) End - End testing team and UAT review meetings.
- Responsible for writing test cases in Quality Center and also responsible from getting it approval from PM and developers.
- Responsible for executing test cases.
- Involve in writing test summary document.
- Work on Quality Center for defect logging and defect tracking.
- Playing a major role in resolving the defects with developer.
- Responsible for retesting defects.
- Perform data integrity testing by executing SQL statements and manually verifying the contents of the tables.
- Provide daily updates of the test progress to the project team.
- Responsible for validating data after deployment in production.
Environment: PeopleSoft HCM 8.8, Product Studio, Quality Center 9.0 / 10.0, MS SQL 2005, MQ Series, Sun Java System Identity Manager 6.0, Sun Java System Directory Server, QTP 8.0, Load Runner, Java, XML.