- Overall 5+ years of Experience as a QA Test Engineer using Manual & Automation Testing of web, Mobile apps and client/server with specializing in software Assurance Testing and QA Automation Engineer.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and involved in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process. Good exposure to testing methodologies, environment and framework.
- Developed and executed Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test scripts for various applications.
- Automation experience using Selenium IDE/RC/ Web Driver and TestNG frameworks
- Experience with load and performance testing best practices using Apache Jmeter.
- Reported and tracked the bugs all the way through implementation using tools like JIRA, Test Manager, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center and Trac.
- Good experience on Automation testing tools like QTP, Selenium and PARASOFT SOA Test.
- Experience in developing data driven Automation Frameworks for Selenium and QTP.
- Extensively worked on Agile Methodology involving tasks, user stories, sprints and daily Scrums with the development team.
- Extensive experience in Functional Testing, Regression Testing, UI using QTP and knowledge in Performance testing using Load Runner and Jmeter.
- Experience in testing Web Based, Client Server Applications.
- Experienced in all Phases of STLC with Test Planning, Test Case Design, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test log, Test results and Test Traceability Matrix
- Excellent skills in gathering requirements and creating Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD), facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions, Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), developing Use Cases, Test Approach, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Liaise with developers, business analysts, and user representatives in application design and document reviews.
- Strong commitment to Quality, Teamwork, Meeting deadlines and excellent communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks working with remote and off - shore teams
- Excellent troubleshooting, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in analyzing user requirements, functional and technical specifications.
- Used SQL queries/statements to validate and manipulate test data.
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Python, PL/SQL, VB, T-SQL, .Net, Perl
Web Technologies: XML, HTML, CSS, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH, AJAX, JSP
QA Tools: SELENIUM/ Web Driver/IDE, JUNIT, QTP10/UFT, SOAP UI, SOATest, QC, JMeter, HP Load Runner, HP Performance Center, HP Quality Center/ALM, VST Professional, Century Test Automation (CTA),TestNG, GIT, Cucumber, log4j, Appium
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows, MAC variants, Android, iOS
Testing Concepts: STLC, SDLC, Testing Levels, Testing Types, Test Management
Test Management Tools: Bugzilla, Jira, and Quality Center, TOAD (8.6/9.0), SQL Developer (1.5), HP ALM, Rational Clear Quest (RCQ), Team foundation server (TFS 2008,2010,2012)
Other Tools: MS: Office, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel, and Visio
- Designed Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Junit, Maven.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using selenium web driver .
- Cucumber was used for the entire regression testing and functional testing with Selenium as primary tool to the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test conditions identified .
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Customized UFT Scripts with Parameterization, Check Points, Library Files and Regular Expression to automate functional Test Cases.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the manual Mobile Testing.
- Prepared the functional test cases using test design techniques data validation concepts Equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis.
- Prepared test data document and Involved in generation of bug and test case execution reports.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap and Restful Web Services Testing.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSon files.
- Proficient in Automation tools like Quick Test Professional (QTP), HP ALM, and HPE UFT.
- Used TFS extensively for establishing Traceability to Requirements, Test Cases, Bug Tracking and Reporting.
- Involved in testing of services using SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script.
- Good Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the product development.
- Logged and managed defects using Quality Center/ALM defect management tool
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Fire path to locate elements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium (Android), TestNG, Quality Center, UFT, Fire path, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, Android, Server, JMeter, JSON.
- Design and implement the project to suit the user-friendly tools as per requirements in Java.
- Implemented Core Data for persistent storage of user data
- Created of various views, table views, customized views and popovers
- Created custom checklist and sharing them with selected app users by calling web services
- Took care of Code Review, Code Fixes and bug Fixes
- Performed all tasks from UI design and implementation to writing code for various features
- Managed data and memory management from streamlining code and using various debugging tests.
- Involved in various testing types like Functionality testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing and system testing.
- Understood the requirements to be tested and Prepared Test Provided effort estimates and resource utilization sheet for multiple projects.
- Developed and updated test cases and completed Test Case Executions. Created and validated test data for functional components of software applications.
- Identified defects and bugs, suggested enhancements and communicated it to developers with defect reproduction steps on bug tracking tools.
- Verified fixed bugs and Prepared Test Plan for the same. Reports and other test documents and reports.
- Acted as a liaison between stakeholders, financial system users, clients and managers who have a business problem, and software development team to gather requirements.
- Conducted meetings and JAD sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements.
- Created test scenarios and reviewed them with project team members.
- Created test cases for GUI validation and backend database validation.
- Involved in Defect Reporting, Defect Tracking and in Preparation of Defect Report using Quality Center.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases in Waterfall Methodology.
- Involved in writing the manual test cases according to the requirements.
- Involved in preparing the traceability matrix to map the test cases with the requirements.
- Used documentation in all aspect of content management and documentation.
- Prepared and participated in weekly status meetings, conducted walkthroughs, documented proceedings.
- Worked with the developers and the test lead to verify the Test Cases.
- Performed development integration, system integration, end to end and user acceptance testing for the data services.
- Submitted, modified and tracked change requests using MS Excel.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, Eclipse, QC, SQL, Windows 8, Oracle 8, Java, Internet Explorer, XML, Java.
- Involved in QA reviews and Software Development Life cycle phases.
- Gathered Test environment requirements with the QA Lead.
- Identify and derive testable conditions out of general Business requirements.
- Developed manual/Functional Test conditions and Scripts based on the requirement documents.
- Performed end to end Functional Testing for the web based application.
- Developed manual test cases and executed it.
- Built and Executed a Regression testing suite using QTP.
- Validated and Verified fixed defects.
- Involved in team of User acceptance testing (UAT)
- Interact with Developers and BA to understand complex situation.
- Take part in Daily Stand up meetings and weekly meeting.
Environment: QTP 9.2, Microsoft Office tools, Windows 2000, SQL