- 5+ Years of experience in Quality Assurance in Manual & Automation testing of web based application.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methodologies like Waterfall and Agile.
- Knowledge in developing and executing test cases manually and developed automation script with Selenium IDE, Grid, Selenium RC, Selenium Web driver.
- Expert on Selenium Automation using Web Driver. Heavy programming experience using Junit and TestNG frame works.
- Good experience on Selenium IDE and handling the Desktop, Web objects with Sikuli.
- Good experience in creating, modifying, and enhancing both manual Test cases and Test Scripts created in selenium Web driver.
- Good exposure to SDLC, STLC and BLC.
- Extensive experience in implementing QA Methodologies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and test deliverables for various applications.
- Experience in Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Black box testing, White box testing, Unit testing, Data base testing, Data Migration testing, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI), System testing, API Testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT) and browser Compatibility testing.
- Experience in system testing and UAT testing of the facets core application and custom modules as needed.
- Good Experience in development of iterative and detailed project management plans and schedules using Agile-SCRUM methodology
- Hands on Experience in testing web services for API testing (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI Tools.
- Writing and executing SQL - DDL, DML statements for checking the validity and integrity of the data in various databases such as Oracle, My SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server etc. to perform back-end-Testing.
- Experienced in developing functional system integration test and test plans and test cases based on system requirements and business rules.
- Expert in Designing Test Automation Framework and Report Generation strategies in Selenium for web based applications.
- Experience in managing end-to-end UAT for projects with large size and global orientation.
- Systematic understanding of in Defect Management tools like Quality Center and JIRA.
- Admirable Communication, Analytical, Interpersonal and Coordinating skills to work independently as well as to interact in team environment.
- Participated in project review meetings to monitor progress of the project to ensure timely completion and delivery of the project to the client.
- Responsible for ensuring the thorough testing of the product against business requirements, non-functional requirements ensuring the critical business goals and requirements are met.
Testing Tools: Selenium GRID, IDE, RC, Web driver, JUnit, TestNG, Load Runner.
Languages: JAVA, Java Script, SQL, XML, C and C++.
Web Technologies: SOAP UI Pro (Ready API), REST API, HTTP, TCP/IP.
Utility Tools: SQL Plus, Apache POI, QC, JIRA, MS-Project, SQL Developer, MS - SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins / Hudson.
Built Tools: Maven, ANT.
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, IBM z/TPF, Windows XP and Windows 7.
Testing Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN.
QA Automation Tester
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), developed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under test.
- Actively participated and Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer Functionality, Change Process, Configuration Data Requirements, Legacy Data Requirements, and Access Permissions Requirements.
- In depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts, and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Test-NG prior to next quarter release.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web-Driver with Test-NG.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
QA Automation Tester
- Extensively involved in analyzing Business Requirements, created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Developed Data Driven Test scripts as well as running these scripts for Message processing, Registration, and Reports testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage and wrote automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Extended data driven framework and developed re-usable functions across the application.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Conducted test on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SoapUI.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Junit, ANT, Jenkins, SoapUI, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Git, Agile, Quality Center, SQL, Oracle, Windows and UNIX.
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in complete life cycle of software development including designing, developing, testing, and deployment of application.
- Prepared the functional document and understood the requirements of the module.
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Multi-threading, Exception Handling, Collection APIs to implement various features and enhancements.
- Analysis of the enhancements and bug fixes.
- Preparation of the Design document for the project that includes class diagrams, method level details and writing of the pseudo code.
- Made the test cases and the Style sheets (XSL) to visualize the final product behavior and fine tune the requirements.
- Comparing the data seen on the application and actual database using Toad.
- Responsible for executing the test scripts provided by the client and providing proper feedback to the development team to fix the bugs.
- Trained and mentored new recruits in software QA procedures. Acted as the knowledge management anchor, configuration controller and defect prevention anchor for various projects.
QA Manual Tester
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Used waterfall model in project development.
- Involved in creation of manual Test reports and Test cases.
- Involved in testing the new functionalities based on test cases manually and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Involved in preparing the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Involved in writing the SQL Queries.
- Participated in Integration, System, Smoke Testing.
- Tested critical bug fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting tight timeline.
- Involved in Release support - Release to QA, involved in environment setup, testing the release process.
- Identified the initial setup, input data, appropriate steps, and the expected responses in the manual test cases.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Quality Center, JAVA, XML, Manual testing, MS SQL Server, SQL, MSOffice.