- Experienced Systems Engineer of 8 years with skills in Modeling & Simulation; Requirements definition; Requirements analysis; Laboratory operations; Material Management; Software development, Logistics, Customer Interfacing and Reviews, Proposal Preparation, Maritime Port Operations, Shipping Container Management and Field Engineering; Military CONOPS; TS/SSBI/SCI Clearance; PLC Automation and Support
- Coordination of maintenance planning, scheduling and execution
- Oracle, Access, VMware, SQL and DOORS applications/databases
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Solid computer and technology educational background.
- Linux, Windows, MS - DOS Operating Systems
- Experienced with Confidential, Dell, IBM, Cisco and Juniper networking equipment
- Knowledgeable in IT networking principles
- Educated in telephony design/architecture (landline/cellular/satellite)
- Knowledgeable in IT security (completed CISSP training from (ISC)2)
- Visual Basic, C++, Java, XML, Python and Ada experience
- Outstanding leadership, problem solving, organizational, people, and communications skills
- Knowledgeable in preparation of training courses and materials.
- Computer laboratory operations, equipment and software configuration, information technology, and security procedures.
- Experienced and educated in Requirements Management and Systems Integration, Development, Design and Verification ideologies
- Knowledgeable in military concepts of operation and deployment, equipment, communications, and procedures.
- Computer simulation of military tactics and operations, including battlefield communications.
- Operational Level Planning, Operational Level Warfare and Theater Operations.
- Trained in meeting National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Defense (DoD) requirements for secure message handling and storage including cryptographic keying material and devices.
- Experience with Siemens series Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and the Simantic Step 7 engineering software package.
- Experienced in the use of IEEE 802.11 WiFi Local Area Network (LAN) systems in the operation of automated container handling.
- Experience with the JIRA and Salesforce issue tracking and management systems.
- Trained in Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Worked in support of transitioning all container handling services for TraPac, LLC at their Los Angeles port location to automated operation.
- Supported Kalmar's development of the world's first fully automated container handling port, including trucking, shipping and railyard operations.
- Supported the operation of twenty-nine Automated Stacking Cranes (ASC) among fifteen container storage blocks.
- Supported the operation of two generations of automatic diesel electric Straddle Cranes (Autostrad), including Kalamr ESC 350 and the hybrid HSC 350.
- Supported the implementation and operations of various control systems including the Horizontal Transport Control System (HTCS), Automated Stacking Crane Control System (ASCCS) and Access Control System (ACS).
- Supported the operation and integration of Ship-to-Shore (STS) and Rail Mounted Gantry (RMG) cranes into an overall automated container operation.
- Experienced in the use of Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) and Extensible Markup Language (XML) in the integration and operation of automated container handling in a marine port environment.
- Used the JIRA system to identify, track and manage issues during software / hardware development.
Systems Engineer / Scientist
- Worked as a Team Lead of four supervisors located in four different areas across the country for development, testing and evaluation of cryptological key handling devices and key management systems for Joint Software Radios (JSR) under NSA and DoD requirements for the Future Combat Systems (FCS) program.
- Used force effects modeling and simulation tools to develop Urban Resolve scenarios for purposes of analyzing and demonstration the behavior and performance of mobile network nodes for military applications.
- Conducted strategy research and development for the Vital Systems Network (VSN) proposal team.
- Assisted in systems architecture development for the GPS-based Timing and Navigation System (GPNTS) proposal team.
- Worked as an on-site Field Engineer in support of testing and experimentation for several classified projects involving marine and undersea systems.
- Supported system verification, integration and testing processes.
- Authored and edited classified and unclassified instruction manuals and documentation.
- Experienced in the repair and construction of fiber-optic communication systems.
- Assisted in the construction of a network, including hardware assembly, rack layouts, cabling (CAT5/CAT5e/Fiber), equipment connectivity and installation.
- Performed various Network Administrator duties such as IP addressing, VLAN management, and integration with Enterprise systems.
- Assisted in sensor package development and installation for the ScanEagle UAV program.
- Conducted SWAP analysis for customer evaluations, briefings and proposals.
- Key member of a Naval Communications Study group for identifying key areas in the development of proposals for programs supporting the U.S. Navy and naval military communications systems.
- Conducted analysis for the development of the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) system for shipboard deployment including rack design and equipment placement.
- Assisted in the construction and maintenance of a network development laboratory including management of various networking systems and equipment as well as high-end audio/visual display systems used for demonstrations and briefings.